big_deal_

age differience urgent help plz

77 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I found this link when looking up that issue with the law of 25 year age gap, and just found it interesting that they actually did a study: Age Gap Study

FASCINATING!

Page 1:

The marriage of Egyptian youth to elder foreign women is considered a form of trafficking in human beings, where the young man relinquishes his religion, worldly affairs, social life, customs and traditions for a handful of dollars or Euros or for a visa and residence in a foreign country. In fact the young Egyptian man who is known for his pride and honor abandoned his manhood by this marriage and turned into "bed servant" for a much elder woman older. He attends to her wishes and needs without having a say in any of her actions or behaviors in exchange for money and gifts.

Although this phenomenon is very common in all tourist cities in Egypt, data to identify the number of young people who are married to young or elder foreign women is lacking since the majority of these marriages are performed under an informal (urfi) marriage contract and is not officially recorded unless the wife wishes to apply for a visa or a residency permit for her young husband. In very few cases lawyers obtain a court signature validity for the marriage certificate if the wife wishes to reside in Egypt, or wishes to visit her husband several times during the year.

Motives behind the marriage of young Egyptian men to elderly foreign women:

The study showed that the desire to for obtaining wealth and embezzling the money of older women was the primary motivation for such marriages, however there are other motives such as the difficulty to marry an Egyptian girl in view of the substantial rise in the costs of marriage and its requirements and the young men's desire in traveling to and residing in Europe. The study showed a very small percentage of young men who marry elder foreign women because they admired their character as opposed to their view of Egyptian girls whom they feel have limitations in thought and vision, while foreign girls are more sophisticated and understanding and marriage requirements to a foreigner are much less compared to marriage to an Egyptian girl.

Don't ever do anything you're not willing to explain the paramedics.

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

So, you've never met each other before in person, but you keep implying that the main purpose of her visiting you is to take some photos? I'd really like to hear her side of this!

I agree with Rae Anne that the first step is to spend some time together in person and *then* decide whether it's a relationship worth pursuing further. Although I know many people feel differently, it seems like putting the cart before the horse to decide on the immigration approach first and then deliberately construct the relationship to match the requirements.

We personally don't have a bunch of photos, and the ones we have were taken kind of as afterthoughts. I didn't come to VJ until after we were engaged and I had traveled back to the U.S., and so we didn't have a chance to specifically stage any photos for the petition (nor did it even occur to me that people did that!). And it's probably better that way. We were busy getting to know each other and learning to relate to each other as a real-life, in-person team, and taking photos was nice but kind of secondary to that. All the immigration stuff came together after the fact (although we did discuss the existence of the K-1 visa, which I had read a little about, and decide to go that route after we decided we wanted to be together), and only happened after we had decided that what we had in person was worth preserving to the extent that we would go through this long, expensive, stressful, frustrating visa process together. And the photos we do have look like the genuine sort of photos people take as they're going about their lives.

well .... it's not the only reason for comming to egypt ... i applied for tourist visa to see her even before i know we would need pics for that kind of visa and i knew it from a friend .. i was refused to get tourist visa and i thought we have no way to make our marriage come true .. egypt woun't marry us so we will do it there in america and she can't take more than a weak off her job

we knew each other for more than a year she spoke to my family and we seen each other on cam and talked for loooong hours and we agrred to get married after that

Timeline

FASCINATING!

Page 1:

The marriage of Egyptian youth to elder foreign women is considered a form of trafficking in human beings, where the young man relinquishes his religion, worldly affairs, social life, customs and traditions for a handful of dollars or Euros or for a visa and residence in a foreign country. In fact the young Egyptian man who is known for his pride and honor abandoned his manhood by this marriage and turned into "bed servant" for a much elder woman older. He attends to her wishes and needs without having a say in any of her actions or behaviors in exchange for money and gifts.

Although this phenomenon is very common in all tourist cities in Egypt, data to identify the number of young people who are married to young or elder foreign women is lacking since the majority of these marriages are performed under an informal (urfi) marriage contract and is not officially recorded unless the wife wishes to apply for a visa or a residency permit for her young husband. In very few cases lawyers obtain a court signature validity for the marriage certificate if the wife wishes to reside in Egypt, or wishes to visit her husband several times during the year.

Motives behind the marriage of young Egyptian men to elderly foreign women:

The study showed that the desire to for obtaining wealth and embezzling the money of older women was the primary motivation for such marriages, however there are other motives such as the difficulty to marry an Egyptian girl in view of the substantial rise in the costs of marriage and its requirements and the young men's desire in traveling to and residing in Europe. The study showed a very small percentage of young men who marry elder foreign women because they admired their character as opposed to their view of Egyptian girls whom they feel have limitations in thought and vision, while foreign girls are more sophisticated and understanding and marriage requirements to a foreigner are much less compared to marriage to an Egyptian girl.

that's totally not true

for ur information she is poor and thank god i'm from a rich family and have no desire for more money ..

i didn't know her in a strip club or on a beach .. she is muslim american and wear proper hijab and we didn't marry orfi or such things ... seems u are mixing other cases with mine i hope u can help

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

that's totally not true

for ur information she is poor and thank god i'm from a rich family and have no desire for more money ..

i didn't know her in a strip club or on a beach .. she is muslim american and wear proper hijab and we didn't marry orfi or such things ... seems u are mixing other cases with mine i hope u can help

Where does this is your case? I clearly stated this is from page 1 of the study posted by another member.

By the way, if she is poor, she can't petition for you unless she finds a co-sponsor.

So there's red flag #2.

As a side note, there's nothing wrong with meeting people at the beach. I come from the Caribbean and I go to the beach all the time.

Edited by NY_BX

Don't ever do anything you're not willing to explain the paramedics.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

What you will need to do is read up on other cases here of people with red flags in Egypt. You need to determine all of the red flags that you might have and then work on addressing them. I think you will have to really overcome this particular red flag of age, although I am not as familiar with Egypt's Consulate, so I can't specifically comment on this.

You will want to go to the Egypt Portal and find these cases, similar to yours.

I posted that link, because this seems to have been a particular topic that came up enough that someone actually did a study on it. It might not apply to your case, but it is good to be aware of what your society is thinking and what the consulate will be thinking. These are ways to be prepared for what might happen, so you can fully anticipate and not be surprised.

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2011-03-07
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-07-08
Interview Date : 2011-11-01
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2011-11-03
US Entry : 2012-02-28
Marriage : 2012-03-05
AOS sent: 05/16/2012
AOS received USCIS: 5/23/2012
EAD Delivered: 8/3/2012
AOS Interview: 08/20/2012.
Green Card Received: 08/27/2012

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014
ROC Biometrics Appt. 8/21/2014
ROC RFE 10/2014 Evidence sent 1/4/2014

ROC Approval Letter received 1/13/2015

Filed: Timeline

So, you've never met each other before in person, but you keep implying that the main purpose of her visiting you is to take some photos? I'd really like to hear her side of this!

I agree with Rae Anne that the first step is to spend some time together in person and *then* decide whether it's a relationship worth pursuing further. Although I know many people feel differently, it seems like putting the cart before the horse to decide on the immigration approach first and then deliberately construct the relationship to match the requirements.

We personally don't have a bunch of photos, and the ones we have were taken kind of as afterthoughts. I didn't come to VJ until after we were engaged and I had traveled back to the U.S., and so we didn't have a chance to specifically stage any photos for the petition (nor did it even occur to me that people did that!). And it's probably better that way. We were busy getting to know each other and learning to relate to each other as a real-life, in-person team, and taking photos was nice but kind of secondary to that. All the immigration stuff came together after the fact (although we did discuss the existence of the K-1 visa, which I had read a little about, and decide to go that route after we decided we wanted to be together), and only happened after we had decided that what we had in person was worth preserving to the extent that we would go through this long, expensive, stressful, frustrating visa process together. And the photos we do have look like the genuine sort of photos people take as they're going about their lives.

Like the one in your profile, which I like by the way. It's not staged and looks natural.

I've seen some pictures that looked like the COs would have a field them with them.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

You want to bring her to Egypt to get pictures taken together? Not to get to know someone you're going to enter into a marriage with? Yeah that sounds legit.

hi

i'm 24 yo male egyptian and my hun is 51 female

i want to know if this will cause denial for the K-1 visa or not

and i dunno what to bring as an evidence to proof our bona fide relationship

we know each other through internet and for 1 year chatted for long time and talked over skype and paltalk and opened cams for

each other and sent email to each other .. i heared that we should take pics togither so i will bring her to egypt to

take them dunno more than this information and dunno what we should do in pictures

PLZZZ help specially with this age differience it's almost 31 years and we don't really care for this number we are good match

"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

that's totally not true

This actually works against you as it seems you may be buying yourself a green card...

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

What you will need to do is read up on other cases here of people with red flags in Egypt. You need to determine all of the red flags that you might have and then work on addressing them. I think you will have to really overcome this particular red flag of age, although I am not as familiar with Egypt's Consulate, so I can't specifically comment on this.

You will want to go to the Egypt Portal and find these cases, similar to yours.

I posted that link, because this seems to have been a particular topic that came up enough that someone actually did a study on it. It might not apply to your case, but it is good to be aware of what your society is thinking and what the consulate will be thinking. These are ways to be prepared for what might happen, so you can fully anticipate and not be surprised.

BTW thanks for the link to the study! I've been reading it while doing other things today. When I went to print it I realized it's 40 pages long so I'm saving it for later to come back to but I intend to finish reading it all.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

Lol every time I read a case like this it makes me appreciate what I've got. To even consider marrying someone before you've met them in person is beyond belief. It is quite obvious what is going on. I needn't say. It really is an insult to the legit community here.

i dunno why it's against me .. i'm here to find some help from u people who have experience about this issue

BTW thanks for the link to the study! I've been reading it while doing other things today. When I went to print it I realized it's 40 pages long so I'm saving it for later to come back to but I intend to finish reading it all.

yes plz if u can contact this person to tell me what she did and the problems they faced will be so helping

Timeline

You want to bring her to Egypt to get pictures taken together? Not to get to know someone you're going to enter into a marriage with? Yeah that sounds legit.

no i'm not bringing her to take pics only i didn't write the word only .. the thing is it's something we already been through and she talked to my family and everything is ok .. we have been talking about this for a year till now

i'm bringing her to egypt to see her in person and take the pictures we will need to make our marriage come true .. we will use this chance to help our marriage

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

no i'm not bringing her to take pics only i didn't write the word only .. the thing is it's something we already been through and she talked to my family and everything is ok .. we have been talking about this for a year till now

i'm bringing her to egypt to see her in person and take the pictures we will need to make our marriage come true .. we will use this chance to help our marriage

I wish you the best buddy - even though you will be fighting an uphill battle.

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

As others posted due to your own Marriage Laws, She would need to spend a great deal of time with you in person before you file to even have a chance based on what I am reading and learning. I will go ahead and make the statement but as no offense to anyone in the region. The USCIS along with Homeland Security scrutinizes all Visa's closely. But when it comes to Middle East & Africa due to Terrorism (there I said it) and protecting our boarders they will look even more closely at applications from these regions. And throwing in you being 27 years difference, her being a female, my guess sorry to say is you will have difficulty being approved. One never knows though unless you try. I believe she needs to spend time with you in person. Alot of photos and alot of email, chats etc to show this is a bonafide relationship. Good luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.