Alphalpha

Citizen Wife wants to deport him because she claims he cheated

33 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I have a very close friend who has a R1 visa (10 yr). We are not sure that his wife knows this. Anyway, they have been married for 3yrs 10months. She has set up a meeting with USCIS for this Friday to try to get him deported. She claims the reason is because he cheated on her with 15-19 different women. You have to ask her on any certain day the number of women will either be higher or lower depending on her mood. Anyway, she has abandonded him over 6 months ago and has left him several times in the past. She has taken all of his money and now is trying to destroy his career and reputation. He is an Author and Art Historian from England. She (along with her crew of bitter divorced wives from a trailer park who will lie for her) has posted things in the public eye as libel and slander. Even contacting the TV News that he was interviewed on as well as radio programs and said that she would show up to prove he is a fraud at book signings. We have proof of all of this. On a constant basis and in public she has threatened to get him deported and has more than enough evidence. My questions are:

Can she get him deported on a 10 yr visa if she claims he has cheated and has women who will lie and say he has??

Can she get in trouble for abandoning him??

Can she get in trouble for mentally abusing him with these threats and trying to destroy his career??

Please let me know if there is any further information that you need. Thank you for your time and help.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

This is a family court issue, not an immigration issue.

No need to start a issue of debate here in VJ based on speculation on what the wife has done, nor the husband for that fact.

Edited by Que Saudade

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I don't know all answers of your question, but based on the situation, like 3 yrs 10 months marriage, 10 yrs green card. She can't get him deported like this. I wont say that it is impossible, but it is not that easy either.

Edited by iwaiting

XrVRp5.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mauritius
Timeline

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's troubles :(

I don't know, but it would seem to me that if his R1 visa is not at all dependent on her, then I wouldn't see how anything between them would impact him. Unless, of course, her intent is to put him out of good standing with his religious organization, which, I dunno, might.

As for spreading libel and slander, well, since he's currently married to the source, community property rules might complicate his ability to get redress there, but I don't really know what I'm talking about. However collecting evidence of liable, slander, and proof that the statements are false might be useful in divorce court.

I think these are good questions for a lawyer.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Cheating alone isn't going to get anyone deported. Entering the marriage with false or fraudelent intentions is a different matter.

She already vouched for him throughout a minimum of 2 years(IR1). If she found out about his behaviour during this time, she could've pulled the plug before. Now, get a divorce and go seperate ways. She can't get anyone deported btw - that's not her decision or call. USCIS (well, ICE) usually mostly take action with criminal immigrants, or if it's obvious(with proof) that the immigrant used the USC for a greencard.

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

Timeline

I apologize if you think that I am trying to stir up people. I am not. I really have searched the internet for this issue and can not find it anywhere. The real question is: can she deport him on a R1 10 yr visa through a falsified claim that he cheated on her within this last year?? They have been married for 3yrs 10m. She set up an online appointment with USCIS this Friday. He is scared, really scared of being deported. He left everything when he moved to the US. How deep will USCIS look into this or will they just look at her like a bitter ex??

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

His visa is not dependant on her so no, she cannot get him deported.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I have a very close friend who has a R1 visa (10 yr). We are not sure that his wife knows this. Anyway, they have been married for 3yrs 10months. She has set up a meeting with USCIS for this Friday to try to get him deported. She claims the reason is because he cheated on her with 15-19 different women. You have to ask her on any certain day the number of women will either be higher or lower depending on her mood. Anyway, she has abandonded him over 6 months ago and has left him several times in the past. She has taken all of his money and now is trying to destroy his career and reputation. He is an Author and Art Historian from England. She (along with her crew of bitter divorced wives from a trailer park who will lie for her) has posted things in the public eye as libel and slander. Even contacting the TV News that he was interviewed on as well as radio programs and said that she would show up to prove he is a fraud at book signings. We have proof of all of this. On a constant basis and in public she has threatened to get him deported and has more than enough evidence. My questions are:

Can she get him deported on a 10 yr visa if she claims he has cheated and has women who will lie and say he has??

Can she get in trouble for abandoning him??

Can she get in trouble for mentally abusing him with these threats and trying to destroy his career??

Please let me know if there is any further information that you need. Thank you for your time and help.

R1 is for religious workers. How accurate is the information that you are passing along in your post? Or is the author/art historian non essential information?

An R1 holder can stay for 5 year. ( http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=a9910b89284a3210VgnVCM100000b92ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=a9910b89284a3210VgnVCM100000b92ca60aRCRD ) Is the wife intending to not submit a spouse petition for him to enable him to obtain a green card? If so, that is her choice.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

I was pretty sure it was a R1 but I could have been mistaken. I just quickly glanced over his card that was good for 10 yrs exp. 2021... I thought I remembered seeing the R1 but it may have been something else. Trying to go through all of this information can be overwhelming at times and I wasn't quite sure where to start. It was a marriage visa and not religious based. I now that for a fact so I am not sure what catagory it would fall under.

I want to thank everyone that has replied for all of their help. We were not sure where to turn and I apologize for being naive on some of the information.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I was pretty sure it was a R1 but I could have been mistaken. I just quickly glanced over his card that was good for 10 yrs exp. 2021... I thought I remembered seeing the R1 but it may have been something else. Trying to go through all of this information can be overwhelming at times and I wasn't quite sure where to start. It was a marriage visa and not religious based. I now that for a fact so I am not sure what catagory it would fall under.

I want to thank everyone that has replied for all of their help. We were not sure where to turn and I apologize for being naive on some of the information.

Does your friend have a green card?

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

Yes, he has a green card. He showed it to me this weekend. I actually was looking at it specifically to identify the expiration date. I didn't realize that there were so many different types of Visas out there. I should have paid closer attention.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

If he has a greencard, could it say IR-1? Ie he got the greencard based on two or more years of marriage?

Even then, she cannot get him deported unless there is cause. Adultery by itself is not cause, but if she has evidence that he entered the marriage purely for immigration benefits (ie he had a girl on the side during the immigration process or similar), then USCIS may look at that.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

Thank you... This information helps a lot... He has continually lived in fear for months on her accusations and made up lies... I couldn't find a similiar situation accept when it was with a 2 yr conditional visa so that is why I hoped you all could help. And thank you again.

Yes, I believe that you could be right, It could have said IR-1...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Thank you... This information helps a lot... He has continually lived in fear for months on her accusations and made up lies... I couldn't find a similiar situation accept when it was with a 2 yr conditional visa so that is why I hoped you all could help. And thank you again.

Yes, I believe that you could be right, It could have said IR-1...

GREENCARD not visa. A visa is a document used to enter the country. A greencard makes him a legal permanent resident. 2 year conditional GC or 10 year GC. So no, her accusations don't matter.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.