Anh map

Create a Deferred Action Forum ?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Would it make sense to create a forum for Deferred Action discussion?

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

POssibly. Where would you put it?

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

I would put it with work visas, because it is a temporary EAD.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Timeline

It might be interesting, but since no visa is issued, only an interim document that basically grants asylum indefinitely with no path to permanent status, perhaps that is the area to put it.

Edited by The Patriot

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

How much traffic would this forum get?

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

How much traffic would this forum get?

Hard to predict. 1.7 million individuals are now eligible to apply for this programme: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/14/us/young-immigrants-poised-for-deportation-deferral-program.html?_r=2&nl=todaysheadlines&emc=edit_th_20120814

I would suspect we will have enough to keep a sub-forum in the Work Visa area going, at least as a temporary sub-forum. Right now there is no where else these applicants fit unless they are included in with the general Work Visa forum.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hard to predict. 1.7 million individuals are now eligible to apply for this programme: http://www.nytimes.c...dit_th_20120814

I would suspect we will have enough to keep a sub-forum in the Work Visa area going, at least as a temporary sub-forum. Right now there is no where else these applicants fit unless they are included in with the general Work Visa forum.

There is bound to be discussion either directly from members or questions for "friends" of members. My thought was to have a place to centralize the discussion. It probably shouldn't be buried in some sub forum where folks won't see it. Create a forum in the General Discussion Area and see how it goes.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

I'm doubtful that we'll have many (if any) direct requests. All of the commentary so far has been from members following "our" existing paths. The existing discussions already fit within the fora where they've been posted, because they're of the "how will this affect (my) processing, huh man?" tenor.

I also strongly believe that anyone who MIGHT ask for direction could only receive the following: (1) Direction to the USCIS instructions on applying, or -- and far more likely -- (2) condemnation from existing members.

Adding even a subforum would open a can of unnecessary worms, si man. A lot of otherwise level-headed members (who so far have been relatively restrained in their comments "within the club") might get written up or thread-banned because this issue would be too hot of a button for them if actual applicants/relatives thereof were to post directly.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

I'm doubtful that we'll have many (if any) direct requests. All of the commentary so far has been from members following "our" existing paths. The existing discussions already fit within the fora where they've been posted, because they're of the "how will this affect (my) processing, huh man?" tenor.

I also strongly believe that anyone who MIGHT ask for direction could only receive the following: (1) Direction to the USCIS instructions on applying, or -- and far more likely -- (2) condemnation from existing members.

Adding even a subforum would open a can of unnecessary worms, si man. A lot of otherwise level-headed members (who so far have been relatively restrained in their comments "within the club") might get written up or thread-banned because this issue would be too hot of a button for them if actual applicants/relatives thereof were to post directly.

I think you are one of the members who is not receptive to this act of amnesty? For the reasons you have stated above (and other reasons you have written)?

I believe it is well to remember that all legal paths to life in this country don't necessarily involve consular processing. And some legal paths will "violate" some people's sense of justice because of that.

It would probably be a good idea for applicants to have a place to talk away from the general community. General vitriol has been reason enough for other forums to be created, not the least of which are the Regional Forums. In the case of Deferred Action for young people, it is clear that more action from the government will be necessary for these applicants to become permanent residents. These will be test cases, so to speak, and as such will be interesting to follow.

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

As far as the Mexican community that might take advantage of the "Deferred Action" as this is called in this thread, the community in general is well organized and well supported, as least from what I have seen. I don't expect that many of those will post here, as that group is extremely proactive and taking care of their own. As far as OTM's that might be eligible, that is where I would expect to see an occasional candidate, or "friend" of a candidate, wander on to this website with some questions. Later on, there will probably be several DA's that will come here looking to adjust to a more permanent status. That will probably be the area where the more "interesting" discussions will occur.

Edited by The Patriot

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We've actually already had several individuals asking for advice on filing for deferred action and how to fill out the forms and paperwork correctly. As Rebecca Jo says, this is a process put into place by the Government and while there are those who disagree that it should have happened, this forum or sub-forum is not a place to debate the pros and cons of that decision - that fits into the Politics and Religion forum. This forum - as all of the other immigration related forums - would be to provide assistance to those seeking advice and help on going through the process of obtaining the new deferred status.

If Visa Journey only set up forums for processes that its members 'approve of' then we would be failing to fulfill part of our mandate - to assist those going through the legal immigration process. If we say we shouldn't start a forum to help those applying for deferred status because so many people don't want the program to exist and disagree with its creation, then perhaps we should also close down the forum that discusses AOS from a visitor's visa as well. There are a number of people who don't think this should be allowed as well. Perhaps we should just close down the K-1 visa process as well since there are people here on VJ who feel this program shouldn't be allowed and it is only being abused

The fact is, it's not our call on Visa Journey to pick and choose the legal immigration actions we support or don't support - that we do with our political voices at the ballot box. Visa Journey is here to provide assistance - and hopefully a supportive community of individuals going through the same process - for those seeking advice and support as they manouever through the quagmire that is often the US immigration system.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

The fact is, it's not our call on Visa Journey to pick and choose the legal immigration actions we support or don't support - that we do with our political voices at the ballot box. Visa Journey is here to provide assistance - and hopefully a supportive community of individuals going through the same process - for those seeking advice and support as they manouever through the quagmire that is often the US immigration system.

Yes, and any member that finds himself/herself unable to hold back their political opinions can simply meet the hard end of charles' ban hammer.