Dr. A ♥ O

Part of the American Dream Act Begins Today

92 posts in this topic

It really is immaterial who gets the job. What matters is the bottomline and the shareholders returns. Having said that, jobs tend to go to those who are better suited, so if any of these kids can do a better job than someone else so be it. In that case, these kids will be paying for those who are waiting for their EAD.

I have a feeling that a legal immigrant or a USC who loses a job because of this may feel a bit differently. Qualifications have nothing to do with it, they are being given an unfair advantage simply because they're cases are being expedited. They are being rewarded for breaking the law. Great precedent to set for future illegals, wouldn't you say?

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

quite the contrary. What Reagan did was wrong and what Obama did was wrong.

THe Big part that is lost on all of you is >>>>>>>Reagan signed a bill into law that was passed by both houses of Congress!!>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Obama issued a presidential order after a bill failed in Congress.

Can you see the difference ???

Neither bill was unconstitutional. The difference is that Obama had the guts to do what a lazy congress could not do.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

The Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals plan is a lighter version of the controversial Dream Act. Here is a link to one of the video stories on the topic that is happening around the nation today. Link

From the incoming video I'm seing thousands of people are lining up everywhere in the United States and estimates are into the millions.

The application to apply for a work permit without fear of deportation is $465. To be eligable they have to be younger than 31 and have arrived in the US by the age of 16. They have to prove that they have lived in the US for five years. They have to not be a threat to national security and show they've done well in school.

$465 ??????

All of the immigrant on here should have their blood boiling.

This is a joke legal immigrant pay several thousand dollars + Affadvit of support and for illegals $465.00

Timeline

I have a feeling that a legal immigrant or a USC who loses a job because of this may feel a bit differently. Qualifications have nothing to do with it, they are being given an unfair advantage simply because they're cases are being expedited. They are being rewarded for breaking the law. Great precedent to set for future illegals, wouldn't you say?

I would be willing to bet that many feel the unfair advantage is being given to workers in China, whose jobs were taken from American workers.

If one lacks qualification, it would behoove one to seek retraining instead of blaming it on immigrants. It has been tried in Nazi Germany with disastrous consequences.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

quite the contrary. What Reagan did was wrong and what Obama did was wrong.

THe Big part that is lost on all of you is >>>>>>>Reagan signed a bill into law that was passed by both houses of Congress!!>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Obama issued a presidential order after a bill failed in Congress.

Can you see the difference ???

What was done in this case was not legislation. Nor was it something that was outside of the power of the Executive branch. Deferred action is a power that was given by congress to the President quite some time ago. It can only delay deportation, as well as provide the ability to apply for an EAD in the meantime. It does not provide a path for permanent residency or citizenship as only congress can do that.

keTiiDCjGVo

Timeline

If you read the copy, you will notice they will have to pay filing fees as well. Considering their EAD should come within a month, they will be working and paying taxes before you do, so technically, they are the ones paying for you, while you wait on your EAD.

In any case, they are not illegal, no more than a K-1 person is when out of status. They were brought to this country as kids and America is the only home many of them have ever known, our flag the one to which they pledge allegiance. They have nowhere to go back and except for papers, they are as American as the rest of us.

Comon I was not expecting this from you.... K1 has a legal path for AOS, illegal immigrant have no path.

I would not expect you comparing someone on K1 and someone who entered country illegal.

I can sympathize with the kids who have never seen any other country and US is the country for them, we need to bring them into the society but $465 is free giveaway.

Atleast they should be made to pay same fees CR1 or K1 applicant is made to pay plus a penalty.

$465 ??????

All of the immigrant on here should have their blood boiling.

This is a joke legal immigrant pay several thousand dollars + Affadvit of support and for illegals $465.00

All they're applying for is the EAD. That form is $380 and there's a biometrics fee.

Timeline

Comon I was not expecting this from you.... K1 has a legal path for AOS, illegal immigrant have no path.

I would not expect you comparing someone on K1 and someone who entered country illegal.

I can sympathize with the kids who have never seen any other country and US is the country for them, we need to bring them into the society but $465 is free giveaway.

Atleast they should be made to pay same fees CR1 or K1 applicant is made to pay plus a penalty.

I stand corrected.. While. K-1 holder has an unimpeded path to AOS those kids are just on deferred status, which does not lead to citizenship or anything else. In that sense you are correct in that it is nothing like a K-1.

I am, sure they would like to pay more and get a green card instead.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Timeline

I stand corrected.. While. K-1 holder has an unimpeded path to AOS those kids are just on deferred status, which does not lead to citizenship or anything else. In that sense you are correct in that it is nothing like a K-1.

I am, sure they would like to pay more and get a green card instead.

What you think is going to happen after 2 years?

Even when they dont have the legal status they have broken every law set in respect to immigration, they are into arm twisting with govt.

Have you seen any other country where illegals dare to take out rally?

Only in US they would be out on streets demanding things and with Mexican flag.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

It really is immaterial who gets the job. What matters is the bottomline and the shareholders returns. Having said that, jobs tend to go to those who are better suited, so if any of these kids can do a better job than someone else so be it. In that case, these kids will be paying for those who are waiting for their EAD.

How exactly will these kids be paying for people that are waiting for their EAD?

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Neither bill was unconstitutional. The difference is that Obama had the guts to do what a lazy congress could not do.

[/quote

Think about what you just said... I am scared any citizen could think that is ok.. do you really think it's cool that our President just basically made law after Congress did not approve the same law.

What was done in this case was not legislation. Nor was it something that was outside of the power of the Executive branch. Deferred action is a power that was given by congress to the President quite some time ago. It can only delay deportation, as well as provide the ability to apply for an EAD in the meantime. It does not provide a path for permanent residency or citizenship as only congress can do that.

If you are in this country illegally you are illegal. Plain and simple. What Obama did is not the law.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I would be willing to bet that many feel the unfair advantage is being given to workers in China, whose jobs were taken from American workers.

If one lacks qualification, it would behoove one to seek retraining instead of blaming it on immigrants. It has been tried in Nazi Germany with disastrous consequences.

First one to bring in Nazi's loses the argument!

They did bring in many Guest Workers to work in German Industry. The US of course does not have that much industry left.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”