Hatem&Zeinab

Big Big Problem.... Please need help and advice!!

124 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

So when pregnant, it is better to be illegal. Wonder if you can claim to be illegal when you are an LPR, do they ask for your papers?

USCIS [*] 22 Nov. 2011 - I-129 package sent; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - Package delivered; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - NOA1/petition received and routed to the California Service Center; [*] 30 Nov. 2011 - Touched/confirmation though text message and email; [*] 03 Dec. 2011 - Hard copy received; [*]24 April 2012 - NOA2 (no RFEs)/text message/email/USCIS account updated; [*] 27 April 2012 - NOA2 hard copy received.

NVC [*] 14 May 2012 - Petition received by NVC ; [*] 16 May 2012 - Petition left NVC.

EMBASSY [*] 18 May 2012 - Petition arrived at the US Embassy in Bucharest; [*] 22 May 2012 - Package 3 received; [*] 24 May 2012 - Package sent to the consulate, interview date set; [*] 14 June 2012 - Interview date, approved.

POE [*] 04 July 2012 - Minneapolis/St.Paul. [*] 16 September 2012 - Wedding Day!

AOS/EAD/AP [*] 04 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package sent; [*] 07 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package delivered; [*] 12 February 2013 - NOA1 text messages/emails; [*] 16 February 2013 - NOA1 received in the regular mail; [*] 28 February 2013 - Biometrics letter received (appointment date, March 8th); [*] 04 March 2013 - Biometrics walk-in completed (9 out of 10 fingerprints taken, pinky would not give in); [*] 04 April 2013 - EAD/AP card approved; [*] 11 April 2013 - Combo card sent/tracking number obtained; [*] 15 April 2013 - Card delivered.

[*] 15 May 2013 - Moved from MN to LA; [*] 17 May 2013 - Applied for a new SS card/filed an AR-11 online (unsuccessfully), therefore called and spoke to a Tier 2 and changed the address; [*] 22 May 2013 - Address updated on My Case Status (finally can see the case numbers online); [*] 28 May 2013 - Letter received in the mail confirming the change of address; [*] 31 July 2013 - Went to Romania; [*] 12 September 2013 - returned to the US using the AP, POE Houston, everything went smoothly; [*] 20 September 2013 - Spoke to a Tier2 and put in a service request; [*] 23 September 2013 - Got "Possible Interview Waiver" letter (originally sent on August, 29th to my old address, returned and re-routed to my current address); [*] 1 October 2013 - Started a new job.

event.png

Trying to get the word out about our struggles:

http://voices.yahoo.com/almost-legal-citizen-but-not-quite-12155565.html?cat=9

Regardless of me signing form I-864 before, I still blame the system here. What kind of sense says that we immigrated to the country through legal channels, work hard, pay taxes and we are not eligible. On the other end, others come here illegally, overstay, don't pay taxes... they don't pay a penny from the start to the end. I have met at least 10 people in recent years who just came to the country to give birth to their children, make them US citizens, then just leave their big mess and bills behind, and then we tax payers have to pay for that..!!!

Thanks again for everyone, and I hope this was a useful post .....

This right here my friend is what's wrong with the system.

But congrats on resolving this issue. Good wishes to you and your new family!

Edited by fantonledzepp

Fernando & Michelle

12/05/2011 - Mailed I-129F
12/09/2011 - Received NOA1
12/21/2011 - Last updated by USCIS
04/12/2012 - Approved!
05/08/2012 - NVC received
05/09/2012 - Left NVC
05/14/2012 - Received at Consulate
06/25/2012 - Interview at Consulate, APPROVED!!!!
07/07/2012 - POE at JFK, easy.

09/28/2012 - Mailed I-485
11/09/2012 - Appointment for Biometrics
12/08/2012 - EAD and AP Card arrived in mail. No updates to USCIS website.
07/26/2013 - Approved, no interview.

04/30/2015 - Mailed I-751

06/03/2015 - Appointment for Biometrics

02/29/2016 - Approved, no interview.

03/14/2016 - Received 10-year Card

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

So when pregnant, it is better to be illegal. Wonder if you can claim to be illegal when you are an LPR, do they ask for your papers?

If one can be that dishonest, one can claim to be Queen of Sheba and they will not ask for papers.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Ding Ding Ding... we have a winner.

They applied initially and were turned down due to ineligibility. But then a few days later somebody from Medicaid called them??? Just out of the blue? I think it's more likely that the OP called Medicaid first to appeal the denial, then got a call back. Once the deny a case, the government doesn't call applicants to discuss it further.

Why would the OP persist once denied the first time? Basically, he knew they were ineligible, but kept going and was approved (knowing full well he was not supposed to get it, thinking "maybe the government screwed up in our favor once").

Unfortunately, whether you knew or not that you were ineligible (you admitted that you did know), you accepted the sevices, so you are now responsible for the money that was paid for treatment for your wife. The thing with government agencies is that even when it's their mistake, we are still responsible.:angry:

Things didn't go the way you say. We submitted the application. Got denied for not being a Citizen. We didn't call or pursue it any further sir. I was getting ready to send my wife overseas where it costs a fraction of what it would here. Then we get a call from this worker and she asks me why I didn't send her the proof of citizenship she requested in the notice. I told her again my wife is not a citizen. I asked her if there is other options available. She said send me whatever docs you have and I will see what I can do. It started from there.

I-129F sent July 26 201

NOA1 date July 29-2010

RFE February

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

The individual makes the country, the country does not make the individual. If you can't afford to have a family, wait till you can. It is not my responsibility to pay for someone else even though OB thinks so. Same applies to those who want to do a K1, they cant afford it, are in school etc., wait till you can afford it and don't rely on someone else to pay your way. Its OK to fall in love with anyone foreigner or not just do proper planning to support your spouse.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

The individual makes the country, the country does not make the individual. If you can't afford to have a family, wait till you can. It is not my responsibility to pay for someone else even though OB thinks so. Same applies to those who want to do a K1, they cant afford it, are in school etc., wait till you can afford it and don't rely on someone else to pay your way. Its OK to fall in love with anyone foreigner or not just do proper planning to support your spouse.

My maternal hospital bill (about $20k or less) is puny compared to the billions of dollars the US Treasury Department has been borrowing to finance the US govt's operation. Praise your "moral" all you want. All I care is if I ain't using it, that "billions of dollars" money will be used by someone else. (all the silly wars the US involved into)

PS> If you and your family decide not to use it, THANKS!!!!!

Edited by HuklerYenny

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

Does anyone plan for major events in their lives these days? Why not wait to have children until YOU have the means to pay for it? It amazes me to see people without insurance who think it's ok to get pregnant and then look to the taxpayers to pay their medical expenses. If you can't afford the birth of your child do you think you are well equipped to pay the estimated 250,000 over their lifetime that it will take to raise them? Just a thought.

Betsy El Sum

Does anyone plan for major events in their lives these days? Why not wait to have children until YOU have the means to pay for it? It amazes me to see people without insurance who think it's ok to get pregnant and then look to the taxpayers to pay their medical expenses. If you can't afford the birth of your child do you think you are well equipped to pay the estimated 250,000 over their lifetime that it will take to raise them? Just a thought.

Seems like 'Responsibilty' is a dirty word in today's world.

Leeches of society.

Edited by Merrytooth

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

It would undoubtedly help if the Government led by example.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

All I know is that my husband's paychecks show every time how much money he is paying towards medicaid, one that I can't benefit from, but all illegals do. So why should Juana have 3 kids on my hubby's back, while we are forced to wait?

If one can be that dishonest, one can claim to be Queen of Sheba and they will not ask for papers.

Working the system.

USCIS [*] 22 Nov. 2011 - I-129 package sent; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - Package delivered; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - NOA1/petition received and routed to the California Service Center; [*] 30 Nov. 2011 - Touched/confirmation though text message and email; [*] 03 Dec. 2011 - Hard copy received; [*]24 April 2012 - NOA2 (no RFEs)/text message/email/USCIS account updated; [*] 27 April 2012 - NOA2 hard copy received.

NVC [*] 14 May 2012 - Petition received by NVC ; [*] 16 May 2012 - Petition left NVC.

EMBASSY [*] 18 May 2012 - Petition arrived at the US Embassy in Bucharest; [*] 22 May 2012 - Package 3 received; [*] 24 May 2012 - Package sent to the consulate, interview date set; [*] 14 June 2012 - Interview date, approved.

POE [*] 04 July 2012 - Minneapolis/St.Paul. [*] 16 September 2012 - Wedding Day!

AOS/EAD/AP [*] 04 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package sent; [*] 07 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package delivered; [*] 12 February 2013 - NOA1 text messages/emails; [*] 16 February 2013 - NOA1 received in the regular mail; [*] 28 February 2013 - Biometrics letter received (appointment date, March 8th); [*] 04 March 2013 - Biometrics walk-in completed (9 out of 10 fingerprints taken, pinky would not give in); [*] 04 April 2013 - EAD/AP card approved; [*] 11 April 2013 - Combo card sent/tracking number obtained; [*] 15 April 2013 - Card delivered.

[*] 15 May 2013 - Moved from MN to LA; [*] 17 May 2013 - Applied for a new SS card/filed an AR-11 online (unsuccessfully), therefore called and spoke to a Tier 2 and changed the address; [*] 22 May 2013 - Address updated on My Case Status (finally can see the case numbers online); [*] 28 May 2013 - Letter received in the mail confirming the change of address; [*] 31 July 2013 - Went to Romania; [*] 12 September 2013 - returned to the US using the AP, POE Houston, everything went smoothly; [*] 20 September 2013 - Spoke to a Tier2 and put in a service request; [*] 23 September 2013 - Got "Possible Interview Waiver" letter (originally sent on August, 29th to my old address, returned and re-routed to my current address); [*] 1 October 2013 - Started a new job.

event.png

Um, your husband contributes to mediCARE which is health care for the elderly, which he will take when he is old. He's paying for his own healthcare in old age (and yours).

Here's a trick to remember which is which. You CARE for the elderly and AID the poor.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

All I know is that my husband's paychecks show every time how much money he is paying towards medicaid, one that I can't benefit from, but all illegals do. So why should Juana have 3 kids on my hubby's back, while we are forced to wait?

You are not forced to wait. These were the terms under which you were afforded the privilege of immigrating into the US. If you read all the documentation given to you, you will realize you chose to wait by agreeing to the terms of your admission.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Timeline

Yes, I know, personally I have a pregnancy plan and no, it doesn't involve the US contributors in any way.

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.