Hatem&Zeinab

Big Big Problem.... Please need help and advice!!

124 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi, My name is Hatem. I am a US citizen, my wife is a green card holder. She got her green card a year ago, through marriage to me. She was pregnant. I applied for medicaid for her so it covers her pregnancy. I said on the application that she is not a US citizen. Our case was ineligible.

Few days later, a Medicaid officer called us told us about our case. I told her my wife is not a citizen. She asked me to fax her the green card and all other documents. Few days later, we received a letter saying that her medicaid has been approved, and it they make it start from day 1 of pregnancy till delivery.

Later on, when my baby was born, I got online to add my baby to the household, and I found a check mark next to my wife that she is a US citizen.

I called them and told them to correct it, and now they closed her medicaid, and they say they will make me pay for all the bills they paid, even though I never said or submitted anything claiming she is a citizen!!!

What can I do now? We are looking at thousands of dollars!!

I-129F sent July 26 201

NOA1 date July 29-2010

RFE February

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I am sory to hear this, many do not know the difference between GC and citizenship.

In your case, unfortunately, nothing you can do. Even though it was their mistake, you should have called again to confirm that she is a GC not a citizen and at least get a written or any proof of you calling and seeking the information and having a response.

Since you do not have any of these (as far as I know), you will need to pay back every cent they paid for you.

I would love to see other people comments on that as well.

Do not be stressed man, its gonaa be fine

YA ALAH Bless Our Joureny To The End , Ameen

Je T'aime Till My Dying Day

Hi, My name is Hatem. I am a US citizen, my wife is a green card holder. She got her green card a year ago, through marriage to me. She was pregnant. I applied for medicaid for her so it covers her pregnancy. I said on the application that she is not a US citizen. Our case was ineligible.

Few days later, a Medicaid officer called us told us about our case. I told her my wife is not a citizen. She asked me to fax her the green card and all other documents. Few days later, we received a letter saying that her medicaid has been approved, and it they make it start from day 1 of pregnancy till delivery.

Later on, when my baby was born, I got online to add my baby to the household, and I found a check mark next to my wife that she is a US citizen.

I called them and told them to correct it, and now they closed her medicaid, and they say they will make me pay for all the bills they paid, even though I never said or submitted anything claiming she is a citizen!!!

Until they send you something in writing, don't worry about it.

If and when they do, appeal their decision. That is your right.

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

Work out a payment plan and make good on the care your wife and child received. The government will work with you so you can pay over time.

Don't worry.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

They should have sent you a notice, in writing, that they terminated your wife's coverage. On that notice, there HAS to be a statement about how to appeal.

Do what the statement tells you to do.

This is not your fault. They made a mistake and you should not be punished or penalized for it.

Timeline

I don't know.... I don't feel too good towards about this....

this employee screwed up our life!! I know if it was a hospital, it would have made payment plans and reduce the payments, but the problem is that the government already paid for all medical bills for the past 9 months, and prescriptions!! we are looking at tens of thousands of dollars....

when dealing with the government it is different... what kind of payment plan would they accept!! to pay all this money back!

the guy told me over the phone whether it is your fault or ours, you have to pay it back... this is unfair!

I-129F sent July 26 201

NOA1 date July 29-2010

RFE February

Timeline

I am still awaiting more answers from everybody.... please any body who knows about this give me advice...

Thanks for all who replied already

I-129F sent July 26 201

NOA1 date July 29-2010

RFE February

Legal permanent residents (immigrants with green cards) are ineligible for Medicaid or SCHIP during their first five years in the U.S.

Medicaid is federal means-tested public benefit.

You as the sponsor for your wife, should be responsible for any mean-tested benefits that your LPR wife received.

You have to negotiate with the govt agency to see if you could pay back at a discounted rate.

Good Luck.

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

** Moved from CR-1 spousal visa to Moving Here forum and duplicate in another forum closed ****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

** Moved from CR-1 spousal visa to Moving Here forum and duplicate in another forum closed ****

I would really make sure it is paid - because if they leave US citizen mark there, you'll have much bigger problem with being accused of your wife falsely claiming US citizenship (whethere she did that or not) - which can results in a deportation and lifetime ban with no waiver possible. Being you would really make sure it is all resolved and there is no trace of it.

Also, you should have known that your wife is ineligible not being US citizen and think about healthcare costs before she got pregnant. Not sure what you are complaining about - did she received the service ? Yes. Was she eligible - no. You'd have to pay this anyway, so what's is really your problem ? You're looking for a way to not pay for something you've been given ?

Timeline

I would really make sure it is paid - because if they leave US citizen mark there, you'll have much bigger problem with being accused of your wife falsely claiming US citizenship (whethere she did that or not) - which can results in a deportation and lifetime ban with no waiver possible. Being you would really make sure it is all resolved and there is no trace of it.

Also, you should have known that your wife is ineligible not being US citizen and think about healthcare costs before she got pregnant. Not sure what you are complaining about - did she received the service ? Yes. Was she eligible - no. You'd have to pay this anyway, so what's is really your problem ? You're looking for a way to not pay for something you've been given ?

Listen sir, before you rush into judgements you need to know that we clearly stated that she is not a US citizen. The medicaid worker called us and asked us to fax whatever documents we have and she will find out what she can do and if there is anything available for people in our situtation. Few days later we found out that she approved us. We don't know the law. All what we do is apply, be honest, and that's what we did. The decision was made by her not us.... so it was her mistake not ours. The only way I found out was when I went online to add my new born baby to the household. That is when I found out a check mark has been placed next to my wife being a citizen.

Luckily, the medicaid account still shows the original application that we submitted, and it clearly say NOOOOOOOOOO to the question asking about my wife being a citizen..

DID YOU GET IT???? PLEASE BE HELPFUL OR JUST STAY SILENT

I-129F sent July 26 201

NOA1 date July 29-2010

RFE February

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

Luckily, the medicaid account still shows the original application that we submitted, and it clearly say NOOOOOOOOOO to the question asking about my wife being a citizen..

In this case you have nothing to worry about for you have evidence she did not misrepresent herself to anyone. Thee mistakes are not uncommon. So long as you take responsibility for the services you should be ok.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.