Hatem&Zeinab

Big Big Problem.... Please need help and advice!!

124 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You might want to look up emergency medicaid, I have no idea if you could claim it is arrears, but it could reduce your overall costs.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

There's some sort of pregnancy/maternity exception in medicaid if you are a green card holder for less than five/three(not sure) years. This is the reason they asked you to fax over the GC. Medicaid is protecting the baby that will born in American soil. so the mother is only covered during the pregnancy. I know of two cases, one in Texas (GC less than a year) and one in Florida (GC less than 3 yrs) were on medicaid. You got nothing to worry about as long as you said she is/was a GC holder the time you applied. With all due respect if you lied in your application then they will likely charge you with fraud case. hope this helps

I am not sure bankruptcy helps with money owned to federal agencies. It sure does not help with tax debt and federal school loans. If he had to pay to hospitals this would help. However, he owes it to the government..

bankruptcy covers medical bills doesn't matter who you owe.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

bankruptcy covers medical bills doesn't matter who you owe.

It covers MEDICAL BILLS, not government debt. If he owed these bills to the hospitals it would. These are not medical bills anymore. They have been paid already by the government. This is now government bill. Do you see he difference?

For example, what you owe in terms of tuition to school is school bill, covered by bankruptcy. Once you take Federal Stafford or Perkins loan it becomes government debt NOT covered by bankruptcy.

Similar example: if you pay your taxes with the credit card it IS covered by bankruptcy since you owe to the bank. However, if you owe taxes directly, it is not.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

The Medicaid fees are close to nothing, I'm sure it's less then 10k in total. Every hospital has a sliding scale fee, which depends on your income. Also what kind of hospital was it? Catholic charities? Government owned? Non profit? They can't force you to pay all at once, you could even pay $5 a month.

01/2006 - Filed k1(1st time)

04/2006 - Interview (1st time) denied

Waited, waited...... no review

06/2009 - Filed k1 (2nd time)

09/2009 - NOA 2 approved

12/2009 - Interview (2nd time) APPROVED! VISA ISSUED

02/2010 - Arrived USA

04/2010 - Married

AOS Timeline

4/19/2010-Sent to Chicago Lockbox

4/26/2010-Received texts and emails 7th day

4/30/2010-Received NOA's(Hardcopies) 11th day

5/3/2010-Received ASC appointment notice(mailed 4/29/2010)14th day

5/7/2010-Walk-in Biometrics done(2 weeks earlier)18th day

5/13/2010-Case transferred to CSC

6/2/2010- Case received/resumed at CSC

6/18,6/22,6/23 AOS touches

6/28/2010- EAD production and touch on AP

6/29/2010-AOS APPROVED

7/2/2010- 2nd update on EAD production and touched on AP....

7/6/2010- Received "Welcome Letter" and AP document

7/12/2010-Received GREEN CARD and EAD

greencard.jpg

Timeline
1344900500[/url]' post='5608344']

You might want to look up emergency medicaid, I have no idea if you could claim it is arrears, but it could reduce your overall costs.

It's not considered an emergency unless she had complications during her pregnancy and was considered high risk.

09/2009 - NOA 2 approved

02/2010 - Arrived USA

04/2010 - Married

AOS Timeline

6/29/2010-AOS APPROVED

greencard.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Hello . Hey my,friend everybody is advicing you in the wrong way. You have to pay anything. Remember there are too many ilegal people from other countries and they gets medicaid. So search in human services website. You will find that a pregnant woman can get medicaid without be public charge coz is emergency publicaid and exist a different betwen medicaid and emergency medicaid . To get medicaid you need be us citizen or be LPR AT LEAST 5 years . But a pregnant woman can apply for emergency medicaid.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

It's not considered an emergency unless she had complications during her pregnancy and was considered high risk.

As is often the case the name is misleading, like VAWA.

I believe it is something to do with the delivery of a child that will be a USC, and where you draw the line between treating the child and the mother.

As was mentioned often used by those sans documentation.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

When you receive the written statement from them claiming you owe them the money paid simply appeal their decision. This is your right as others have stated. In the event you lose the Government is good about setting up affordable payment plans. Look at it this way. Had you and your wife been denied all the way through you will still have the medical bills. So this allows you to stretch this process out until you have to pay. Dealing with the Government in this situation is better then Hospitals and Doctors that will harrass you. Pay 50-100 bucks a month until your child graduates college if need be if you lose the appeal. Keep in mind you have a wonderful child and wife so try not to fret over this. I know you will be okay regardless...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

The Medicaid fees are close to nothing, I'm sure it's less then 10k in total. Every hospital has a sliding scale fee, which depends on your income. Also what kind of hospital was it? Catholic charities? Government owned? Non profit? They can't force you to pay all at once, you could even pay $5 a month.

Don't know if it government owned or not, but it is Tampa General Hospital in Tampa, FL

I-129F sent July 26 201

NOA1 date July 29-2010

RFE February

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Not sure why you are complaining. Work out a payment plan or something. But you shouldn't have "assumed" Medicaid would cover her. Ugh.

he didn't "assume", genius. he asked, and was told yes.

Timeline

Well Tampa General is a not-for-profit but you'll most likely be paying Medicaid back. Try contacting the hospital billing department and getting the sum of what was charged to Medicaid.

09/2009 - NOA 2 approved

02/2010 - Arrived USA

04/2010 - Married

AOS Timeline

6/29/2010-AOS APPROVED

greencard.jpg

The hospital did it because they wanted to collect their money up front and dump the problem on you. When you had her admitted you filled out paperwork. I would have an attorney get that paperwork and if you entered her as a non-citizen, and they collected as if she is, they it was the hospital who defrauded the government. I would say you have a good case.

I don't know.... I don't feel too good towards about this....

this employee screwed up our life!! I know if it was a hospital, it would have made payment plans and reduce the payments, but the problem is that the government already paid for all medical bills for the past 9 months, and prescriptions!! we are looking at tens of thousands of dollars....

when dealing with the government it is different... what kind of payment plan would they accept!! to pay all this money back!

the guy told me over the phone whether it is your fault or ours, you have to pay it back... this is unfair!

i don't get it.

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

Bankruptcy will not touch federal debt. And Medicaid rates are "discounted". If his wife got emergency room care it's the same as federal aid, the taxpayers pay for that as well!!

~OUR STORY~

4/2012: Met online and began this cRaZY journey

9/2/2011: He proposed and I said YES!!After multiple trips back and forth.....

7/4/2012: He entered USA at LAX on B2 to visit 6 months

8/8/2012: We got married!!8/8/2012: AOS packet sent (Day 0)

8/10/2012: Packet signed for at 11:48a (Day 2)

8/14/2012: We got our txt/email notifications (all 4) (Day 6)

8/16/2012: Checks cashed.. (Day 8)

8/23/2012: Biometrics letter received via "snail mail" today.. September 7th at 12p in Sacramento CA (Day 15)

8/27/2012: Finally received all 4 NOA1 hard copies via US mail (Day 19)

9/7/2012: Biometrics completed!! (Day 30)

9/19/2012: Received txt message for interview!! October 22nd, 2012.. (Day 42)

9/21/2012: And the interview letter comes in snail mail.. October 22nd, 2pm in Sacramento..Time to get the final stuff together.. (Day 44)

10/16/3012: Received txt msg, EAD is approved and card being mailed. Right before interview and not really needed anyhow!! (Day 69)

10/19/2012: After a bunch of repetitive text messages, my husband received his combo card EAD/AP.. Of course four days before our interview!! (Day 72)

10/22/2012: Interview.. APPROVED!! (Day 75) Next journey ROC!!

10/29/2012: Green Card received in US mail... (Day 82) WOO HOO!!

~ROC BEGINS!!~

08/25/2014: Lifting Conditions Packet Mailed to CA service center (Day 0)

08/27/2014: NOA1 Receipt (Day 2)

09/05/2014: Biometrics letter received via "snail mail" Set for September 15th at 10a in Sacramento CA (Day 11)

09/15/2014: Biometric completed... now we wait!! (Day 21)

11/21/2014: Card/Document Production email received!! (Day 88)

12/01/2014: Card arrives in our mailbox.. this chapter is over... (Day 98) Next is citizenship!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

Labor and giving birth are considered emergencies. You are talking about smth different, which is high risk pregnancies which are also covered by emergency medicaid.

Hello . Hey my,friend everybody is advicing you in the wrong way. You have to pay anything. Remember there are too many ilegal people from other countries and they gets medicaid. So search in human services website. You will find that a pregnant woman can get medicaid without be public charge coz is emergency publicaid and exist a different betwen medicaid and emergency medicaid . To get medicaid you need be us citizen or be LPR AT LEAST 5 years . But a pregnant woman can apply for emergency medicaid.

You are giving him bad advice. There is a difference between an illegal and a LPR who has a sponsor.

Edited by Peter_Pan

USCIS [*] 22 Nov. 2011 - I-129 package sent; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - Package delivered; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - NOA1/petition received and routed to the California Service Center; [*] 30 Nov. 2011 - Touched/confirmation though text message and email; [*] 03 Dec. 2011 - Hard copy received; [*]24 April 2012 - NOA2 (no RFEs)/text message/email/USCIS account updated; [*] 27 April 2012 - NOA2 hard copy received.

NVC [*] 14 May 2012 - Petition received by NVC ; [*] 16 May 2012 - Petition left NVC.

EMBASSY [*] 18 May 2012 - Petition arrived at the US Embassy in Bucharest; [*] 22 May 2012 - Package 3 received; [*] 24 May 2012 - Package sent to the consulate, interview date set; [*] 14 June 2012 - Interview date, approved.

POE [*] 04 July 2012 - Minneapolis/St.Paul. [*] 16 September 2012 - Wedding Day!

AOS/EAD/AP [*] 04 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package sent; [*] 07 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package delivered; [*] 12 February 2013 - NOA1 text messages/emails; [*] 16 February 2013 - NOA1 received in the regular mail; [*] 28 February 2013 - Biometrics letter received (appointment date, March 8th); [*] 04 March 2013 - Biometrics walk-in completed (9 out of 10 fingerprints taken, pinky would not give in); [*] 04 April 2013 - EAD/AP card approved; [*] 11 April 2013 - Combo card sent/tracking number obtained; [*] 15 April 2013 - Card delivered.

[*] 15 May 2013 - Moved from MN to LA; [*] 17 May 2013 - Applied for a new SS card/filed an AR-11 online (unsuccessfully), therefore called and spoke to a Tier 2 and changed the address; [*] 22 May 2013 - Address updated on My Case Status (finally can see the case numbers online); [*] 28 May 2013 - Letter received in the mail confirming the change of address; [*] 31 July 2013 - Went to Romania; [*] 12 September 2013 - returned to the US using the AP, POE Houston, everything went smoothly; [*] 20 September 2013 - Spoke to a Tier2 and put in a service request; [*] 23 September 2013 - Got "Possible Interview Waiver" letter (originally sent on August, 29th to my old address, returned and re-routed to my current address); [*] 1 October 2013 - Started a new job.

event.png

Trying to get the word out about our struggles:

http://voices.yahoo.com/almost-legal-citizen-but-not-quite-12155565.html?cat=9

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.