Jan 5, 2012: Mailed I-129F

Jan 7, 2012: Received

Jan 10, 2012: Text and e-mail confirmation received

Jan 14, 2012: NOA1 received in the mail

Mar 29, 2012: Expedite request made

Apr 5, 2012: Expedite request approved

Apr 6, 2012: I-129F approved!

Apr 11, 2012: NVC received

If you're really worried call the police. Are you sure he plans to come to the US? Because he could report suspected immigration fraud from anywhere. I guess you could tell USCIS but the threat of reporting immigration fraud, even if said fraud turns out not to be true, is probably not going to be good enough reason for him to be detained when he arrives.

OUR TIMELINE

I am the USC, husband is adjusting from B2.

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS

08.06.2010 - Sent off I-485
08.25.2010 - NOA hard copies received (x4), case status available online: 765, 131, 130.
10.15.2010 - RFE received: need 2 additional photos for AP.
10.18.2010 - RFE response sent certified mail
10.21.2010 - Service request placed for biometrics
10.25.2010 - RFE received per USCIS
10.26.2010 - Text/email received - AP approved!
10.28.2010 - Biometrics appointment received, dated 10/22 - set for 11/19 @ 3:00 PM
11.01.2010 - Successful biometrics walk-in @ 9:45 AM; EAD card sent for production text/email @ 2:47 PM! I-485 case status now available online.
11.04.2010 - Text/Email (2nd) - EAD card sent for production
11.08.2010 - Text/Email (3rd) - EAD approved
11.10.2010 - EAD received
12.11.2010 - Interview letter received - 01.13.11
01.13.2011 - Interview - no decision on the spot
01.24.2011 - Approved! Card production ordered!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

11.02.2012 - Mailed I-751 packet to VSC
11.08.2012 - Checks cashed
11.10.2012 - NOA1 received, dated 11.06.2012
11.17.2012 - Biometrics letter received for 12.05.2012
11.23.2012 - Successful early biometrics walk-in

05.03.2013 - Approved! Card production ordered!

CITIZENSHIP

Filing in November 2013

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

But what would they tell him when (if he does) arrive in the US? "Someone reported u for threatening someoone"??

Im not sure he will come... I just want to be prepared for if he does... I dont want him or his family anywhere NEAR mine

Jan 5, 2012: Mailed I-129F

Jan 7, 2012: Received

Jan 10, 2012: Text and e-mail confirmation received

Jan 14, 2012: NOA1 received in the mail

Mar 29, 2012: Expedite request made

Apr 5, 2012: Expedite request approved

Apr 6, 2012: I-129F approved!

Apr 11, 2012: NVC received

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

But what would they tell him when (if he does) arrive in the US? "Someone reported u for threatening someoone"??

Im not sure he will come... I just want to be prepared for if he does... I dont want him or his family anywhere NEAR mine

I explained to you exactly what to do. What I have said comes from a case exactly as it was explained to me by a USCIS officer that intercepted a person that had done exactly what you say this guy has done.

I think the message you have isnt as clear and dramatic as you want us to believe here. You began with a cry for help and by saying he was coming because he had the money to do so and wanted revenge. Now you say your not sure ect.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

If you are that concerned, you should contact the police to initiate a report. They will be able to hopefully give you some kind of advice. Show them the text. This will give you peace of mind.

On the other hand, I doubt very seriously he will make a trip to the US to commit a crime. That would be a life altering experience for him as he has no escape route back to his country. He probably is just being an asswipe.

Try not to let this assumption of him coming over (even you yourself have doubts about his coming) consume you.

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

He wants to get revenge for my husband "hurting" his daughter.. (not physically.. emotionally)

This is sad, i hope everything works out without anyone getting hurt physically

AOS

10/16/2012 Mailed I-485, I-765, I-131
10/19/2012 NOA1
11/09/2012 Biometrics Apt @ 3pm
12/25/2012 EAD/AP Approval
01/05/2013 Received EAD/AP in mail

06/20/2013 AOS APPROVED!!!!!

LIFTING OF CONDITIONS

3/23/15 Mailed I-751

3/25/15 NOA1

3/28/15 NOA1 Received in the Mail

4/28/15 Biometrics Apt.

11/13/15 ROC Approved

11/18/15 Approval Letter Received

Filed: Timeline

If you think it is a wild goose chase, why would you even recommend calling the police. Furthermore, it would be DHS. They are the ones who enforce the arrival of a suspected criminal.

Do you know what DHS stands for? If you do then go back and read my post.

Local beat Cops are more in-tuned to dealing with wild goose chases like this and stuff like my Cat if up a tree and I can't get him down.

Why are you do worried? He threatens to report your husband to USCIS and if he's here legal, than there's nothing to worry about. It sounds a little to dramatic.

Don't bother reporting him to any immigration soure, they won't do anything! They won't stop him at POE and question him about any 'threats' he made to you. It's not like he is a terrorist. There's no need to! Just ignore the texts and if he does show up at your house, then call 911. It was just a simple text, probably out of anger & more likely not a real threat.

Edited by AF-Wife

911? LOL

Forward your text to email to save it. As stated it's evidence.

NOTE:

This is America. If he shows up at your door and you have a reasonable belief that he is there to harm you or your family simply pop him.

Nobody is going to shed tears over a foreigner who flew over here to make trouble and got himself shot doing it, especially after he sent a threat.

That is not the same as a threat of, "I am coming over there to "hurt" you." Let him call. You guys are legal.!

Out of curiosity. Why would he do this. It obviously is not random.

If he shows up at your door. dial 911

i don't get it.

911? LOL

Forward your text to email to save it. As stated it's evidence.

NOTE:

This is America. If he shows up at your door and you have a reasonable belief that he is there to harm you or your family simply pop him.

Nobody is going to shed tears over a foreigner who flew over here to make trouble and got himself shot doing it, especially after he sent a threat.

OP be careful of this advice, unless you live in a state with a Castle Doctrine.

You're still required by law to only escalate as necessary. OP should watch a few prison type documentaries to see how little it took to get would be defenders of their family into lifetime sentences in jails.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from General Immigration-Related Discussion to Tourist Visas forum.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline

To the OP: There are 5 factors regarding a threat.

1-The threat has to be "intent to do bodily harm" not I am going to call and report you for illegal immigration.

2-The threat was made with the specific intent that it be taken as a threat. This means that the above threat is a crime even if there is no actual intent to carry it out.

3-The threat is so unequivocal, unconditional, and specific as to convey a gravity of purpose and immediate prospect of execution. This means that the threat has to be stated as what he WILL do not what he CAN do. i.e. I am going to come over there and find you and kick your butt because you shamed my daughter. NOT, I am going to come over there and you know what will happen.

4-The threat actually caused fear in the victim.

5-The fear was reasonable.

These are the elements that will be used. If all of these requirements are met, there are very strong laws to deal with this.

If he just said that he is going to call USCIS, so what, let him call. If he hasn't made a specific threat of "death" or "bodily harm", not much to be done. It doesn't even count if he just threatened to "key your car".

Outside of that, there is not much you can do. Your case will not hold up.

I think Ning was right with the fact that this isn't as clear and dramatic as you first led us to believe.

So, you have the information you need. No need to labor the point any further regarding what we perceive.

You do what you need to do to sleep peacefully at night.

Furthermore, if all of the above requirements are met and deemed credible with evidence, if the perpetrator is stupid enough to come over here, this does fall into the realm of Homeland Security.

Edited by jasonofape

I was assuming Florida based on the OP's timeline info. Your 5 factors dont matter worth a dam down there.

Grounds for deadly force:

If the defendant is in his or her home or vehicle, then, under Section 776.013, Florida Statutes, the law will presume that the defendant had a reasonable fear of imminent death or bodily harm if the alleged victim unlawfully entered or remained or attempted to remove another person against their will. A person who unlawfully and by force enters or attempts to enter another’s home or vehicle is furthermore presumed to be doing so with the intent to commit an unlawful act involving force or violence.

If the OP lives up north where people are not allowed to and are too weak to protect themselves and expect the police to come in and clean up after the crime I apologize. We do things differently down here.

Edited by himher

i don't get it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline

I was assuming Florida based on the OP's timeline info. Your 5 factors dont matter worth a dam down there.

It is called a terroristic threat under the new laws since 9-11. I suggest you take a refresher course in your understanding of the laws.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.