Lililand

Stop someone with tourist visa from coming to the US

41 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

i'm sorry but this isn't a 'threat" in the sense that any physical harm is stated or for that matter even implied. a threat to report you to u.s immegrationis no way implies that he is going to physically hurt you, your husband or anyone. if your in the u.s legally then you have no worries..if your not then contact a lawyer and not the police. if this person makes a threat to harm you physically and is in the u.s at the time of the threat then it becomes a matter for police involvement. uscis may "flag" him when and if he enters the country and push him into secondary inspection to question him about the incident and even may deny him entry if they feel the 'threat" is credible. but just remember a threat to report you to uscis about your immegration status is not a threat to cause any physical harm to you or your husband or family

The above reflects current Florida law and personal self-defense has nothing to do with 9/11

It is called a terroristic threat under the new laws since 9-11. I suggest you take a refresher course in your understanding of the laws.

i don't get it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline

The above reflects current Florida law and personal self-defense has nothing to do with 9/11

Oh OK, I misunderstood your statement about the 5 factors not meaning anything in Fl. Because they do. My statement had nothing to do with waiting until the perp gets to the house and using violent force.

IF, the 5 factors I mentioned are met with credible evidence, the perp will never be allowed into the US thus avoiding the potential of deadly conflict.

Of course, the OP has to prove all of those.

A nod for one point - you are correct in that it does depend on the state you live in.

My advice was offered as it appeared the OP believed that the perp was going to fly over to where they live to physically cause them trouble.

Oh OK, I misunderstood your statement about the 5 factors not meaning anything in Fl. Because they do. My statement had nothing to do with waiting until the perp gets to the house and using violent force.

IF, the 5 factors I mentioned are met with credible evidence, the perp will never be allowed into the US thus avoiding the potential of deadly conflict.

i don't get it.

Filed: Timeline

I was assuming Florida based on the OP's timeline info. Your 5 factors dont matter worth a dam down there.

Grounds for deadly force:

If the defendant is in his or her home or vehicle, then, under Section 776.013, Florida Statutes, the law will presume that the defendant had a reasonable fear of imminent death or bodily harm if the alleged victim unlawfully entered or remained or attempted to remove another person against their will. A person who unlawfully and by force enters or attempts to enter another's home or vehicle is furthermore presumed to be doing so with the intent to commit an unlawful act involving force or violence.

If the OP lives up north where people are not allowed to and are too weak to protect themselves and expect the police to come in and clean up after the crime I apologize. We do things differently down here.

If OP follows the logic then he has a very good chance of facing criminal charges.

Good luck to all concerned. However, I know there won't be any issues since the alleged perp is not coming to the US to cause troubles anyways. Most troublemaker don't make threats, they just show up, I know I would.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

If OP follows the logic then he has a very good chance of facing criminal charges.

Good luck to all concerned. However, I know there won't be any issues since the alleged perp is not coming to the US to cause troubles anyways. Most troublemaker don't make threats, they just show up, I know I would.

I agree, usually the dogs that bark the least are those with the worst bite. This sounds like an effort to show face from the father and just cause your mind to be rattled for a while. In the US only people with billions get away with "bending" the law. Even they sometimes get caught. So if he intends on coming here to break the law, he should be ready to get molested in jail.

Good luck , hope all this just washes away with time.

PS. cant help but wonder what harm your husband did to his daughter to cause this response.

Edited by Cesar & Cata

USCIS:

06/06/2012: Sent I-130 to VSC (as LPR)

06/08/2012: NOA1 (Priority Date)

06/12/2012: Touched

08/20/2012: Mailed VSC request for Upgrade to CR1

08/23/2012: Opened Request with USCIS for Upgrade to CR1

08/27/2012: Got Email confirming upgrade to IR1/CR1

11/13/2012: NOA2

NVC:

11/16/2012: NVC Received (NVC # not ready)

11/19/2012: BOG number/IIN - Gave emails

11/19/2012: Choice of Agent email sent

11/20/2012: AOS bill invoiced

11/20/2012: AOS bill paid shows in process

11/21/2012: AOS package sent

11/21/2012: AOS bill shows PAID

11/21/2012: Choice of Agent email sent (again)

11/21/2012: Choice of Agent email accepted

11/23/2012: IV bill invoiced

11/23/2012: IV bill paid

11/26/2012: IV package sent

11/26/2012: IV bill shows PAID

12/07/2012: AOS accepted

12/10/2012: IV Accepted

12/10/2012: Case complete

12/13/2012: Interview scheduled

US Embassy Bogota:

01/25/2013: Lab Visit

01/28/2013: Medical

01/30/2013: Interview

02/05/2013: Email Waybill (5PM)

02/06/2013: Visa in hand

02/08/2013: POE JFK, NY

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

This is exactly correct according to the USCIS officer I spoke to. The proof in the case was an email sent that indicated at least one of these factors.

It may be distasteful - but this is the law as written.

If there is a single instance where a homeowner WAS charged for using deadly force in self defense since this law was passed in Florida in 2005 kindly find it and post it.

i don't get it.

Filed: Timeline

It may be distasteful - but this is the law as written.

If there is a single instance where a homeowner WAS charged for using deadly force in self defense since this law was passed in Florida in 2005 kindly find it and post it.

I'm not a VJ princess so I don't really care about wether something is tasteful or not. I argue based on logic and common sense.

Texas have a Castle Doctrine and as a CWL holder, you are still encouraged to use your fire arm as a last resort. OP has stated that they know who is the perp, they know who he is and he is coming for them. Fine, when he gets there call the Cops. Insane overreaction from certain sectors whose first reaction when they get their egos bruised and reaching for a gun is one of the reasons why we have these insane gun laws in this country, IMHO.

As far as the research material, that's up to the OP to do that as I can't be bothered but I will offer this link to the full legalese of the aforementioned section for his reading enjoyment. Wether or not the perp comes over, wether or not the OP offs him or not is of no material concern to me other than BS away on this lazy Sunday, Gowon will still circle the Sun.

Good day.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

All seems a bit weird for what is stated as a nonsensical comment on action that has no impact.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.