Lililand

Stop someone with tourist visa from coming to the US

41 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Someone threatened my husband and has a tourist visa and promised that will do harm when he gets here... Is there a way I can stop him from getting in the US?

Jan 5, 2012: Mailed I-129F

Jan 7, 2012: Received

Jan 10, 2012: Text and e-mail confirmation received

Jan 14, 2012: NOA1 received in the mail

Mar 29, 2012: Expedite request made

Apr 5, 2012: Expedite request approved

Apr 6, 2012: I-129F approved!

Apr 11, 2012: NVC received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Sure, report him to USCIS officials. Did he threaten him by email?

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

Timeline

Well... he said that he was going to call immigration on him (he might've believed he's here illegally, which is not the case)... And he said to watch out, "I got your address and I will call immigrations on u"

The guy has money and will spend it on a trip here just to cause trouble...

Timeline

That is not the same as a threat of, "I am coming over there to "hurt" you." Let him call. You guys are legal.!

Out of curiosity. Why would he do this. It obviously is not random.

If he shows up at your door. dial 911

Edited by Que Saudade

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

Timeline

He wants to get revenge for my husband "hurting" his daughter.. (not physically.. emotionally)

Timeline

This is a matter for the police. Call them.

Harpa, how does this relate to the police? The accused is out of the country. Wouldn't she call USCIS?

To the OP, I hope you have evidence. Just one word against another is going to be difficult.

Edited by Que Saudade

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Well... he said that he was going to call immigration on him (he might've believed he's here illegally, which is not the case)... And he said to watch out, "I got your address and I will call immigrations on u"

He doesnt need to come here to report anything to USCIS. You, your husband and he should know this.

You were asked how he contacted you. You avoided the answer. Tell him to use whatever method he used to make that contact to get in touch with USCIS. Give him their email, phone and fax numbers and tell him to get it done.

Harpa, how does this relate to the police. The accused is out of the country. Wouldn't you call ICE and report the threat?

The police know who has jurisdiction and can help. We just have guesses about international law and jurisdiction. ICE is not going to prevent someone from entering the country based on a single person's testimony. If the police get involved, maybe.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Timeline

Oh Im sorry, I didnt read it... He contacted us through texxt

Hell hath no fury than that of a scorned woman... and her father.

HAHAHAHAHAHAH... That made me smile... Thanks! =)

Filed: Timeline

The police know who has jurisdiction and can help. We just have guesses about international law and jurisdiction. ICE is not going to prevent someone from entering the country based on a single person's testimony. If the police get involved, maybe.

Bingo.

OP, please don't waste USCIS/HomeLand Securities time with this wild goose chase. If you really feel threatened call your local PD. If they deem it credible enough based on evidence they know what to do.

Bingo.

OP, please don't waste USCIS/HomeLand Securities time with this wild goose chase. If you really feel threatened call your local PD. If they deem it credible enough based on evidence they know what to do.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Someone threatened my husband and has a tourist visa and promised that will do harm when he gets here... Is there a way I can stop him from getting in the US?

Because he used the text method you must have that message. If so and it indicates as you say a direct threat you can use it to obtain a restraining order against him. Provide a copy of it to the local police and USCIS. USCIS will enter it into the data bank and he would be detained at the POE. If he can not explain his way out of the situation he will be deported.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline

Bingo.

If you think it is a wild goose chase, why would you even recommend calling the police. Furthermore, it would be DHS. They are the ones who enforce the arrival of a suspected criminal.

Timeline

Oh Im sorry, I didnt read it... He contacted us through texxt

Definitely do not delete that text as it is your evidence.

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.