62 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

She probably already had another buyer lined up well before coming here. All you did is pay to unite them in the US. She will probably just stay here illegally like th emillions of others who walk the streets among us every day.

This is not your fault. You did nothing wrong. Like others said, forget her and move on. And don't let her sweet talk you into giving her another chance. It's possible that she planned to marry somebody else but doesn't know that she can't get a greencard marrying somebody else. And like another member said, she may try to beg to take her back. DON'T DO IT!!! Once she gets her greencard, you can bet she'll leave again.

Look at it this way... At least you didn't marry the bittch!

OH the scam industry.... lawd have mercy.

Yes, this lady had someone ELSE lined up. Really an unfortunate situation.

OP: You do everything to protect yourself. Change locks, change your number, etc. Do you have any of her belongings?

Don't ever do anything you're not willing to explain the paramedics.

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

OH the scam industry.... lawd have mercy.

Yes, this lady had someone ELSE lined up. Really an unfortunate situation.

OP: You do everything to protect yourself. Change locks, change your number, etc. Do you have any of her belongings?

For good measure, I would also consider taking extra precautions placing a 'fraud alert' with the credit reporting companies. If this person scammed once, there is no reason she might not consider stealing his identity or selling his information to someone else. All that she needs to do that is in the docs provided during her visa process.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

How can a human being put someone through all the I-129F petition, the expenses, the wait, NVC, etc whilst they have ulterior motive?

The deepest depths of hell are reserved for certain axis of evil.

"Man to Man is so unjust" Bob Marley

:thumbs: Amen!

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

How can a human being put someone through all the I-129F petition, the expenses, the wait, NVC, etc whilst they have ulterior motive?

The deepest depths of hell are reserved for certain axis of evil.

"Man to Man is so unjust" Bob Marley

That's exactly what's been bothering me. Up to now, I had a really good rapport with her entire family back in the old country (and met all of them there)...now they won't speak to me....period. Makes me wonder what kinda Sh_t slinging has been going on...and if it could have an impact with USCIS. I understand all legal aspects...but how to cover my backside against any false accusations, that would justify her leaving so quickly? That doesn't bother me...it scares the hell out of me! All she has to do is file a complaint....and in this country, I'm cooked without cause.

Yes; no physical contact, no voice, no text, no nothing, from here on out!

I'll report her...then let it roll.

Thank's everyone...I appreciate all the helpful advice!

Timeline

That's exactly what's been bothering me. Up to now, I had a really good rapport with her entire family back in the old country (and met all of them there)...now they won't speak to me....period. Makes me wonder what kinda Sh_t slinging has been going on...and if it could have an impact with USCIS. I understand all legal aspects...but how to cover my backside against any false accusations, that would justify her leaving so quickly? That doesn't bother me...it scares the hell out of me! All she has to do is file a complaint....and in this country, I'm cooked without cause.

Yes; no physical contact, no voice, no text, no nothing, from here on out!

I'll report her...then let it roll.

Thank's everyone...I appreciate all the helpful advice!

By the way; all of my Russian American friends here, are very...very upset about this for me. I'm fortunate to have them.

Timeline

For good measure, I would also consider taking extra precautions placing a 'fraud alert' with the credit reporting companies. If this person scammed once, there is no reason she might not consider stealing his identity or selling his information to someone else. All that she needs to do that is in the docs provided during her visa process.

She did have access to my desk, and files, while here. I'll take care of that, pronto! Thank you for the heads up.

Timeline

Watch out! She'll be back once she finds out that she can't get a green card except through marriage to the K1 petitioner. This has happened numerous times here on VJ. Many scammers don't do their research before coming to the US. They have their eyes focused only on the visa. They come to the US, dump the petitioner and hit the road, and then find out that they cut the cord too quickly. They can't get a green card by marrying their secret boyfriend, and they can't file a VAWA claim. This is when they start trying to patch things up with the petitioner, saying they got scared and panicked. When that doesn't work she'll probably offer you some cash if you marry her and help her get a green card.

Save any correspondence for your fraud evidence package.

I hear you on that, especially the last sentence. We have an old saying around these parts...."Don't let the door hit you in the @ss on the way out!" :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

She did have access to my desk, and files, while here. I'll take care of that, pronto! Thank you for the heads up.

Pronto it is! I am really sorry this is happening to you. Have you identified any signs that something was going on behind your back? Maybe you could list them for everyone's benefit.

Again, Sorry for this mess.

Don't ever do anything you're not willing to explain the paramedics.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

As others have said sorry to hear about your situation. I remember my friend who was from Thailand telling me, that when she came to america via the K1 129F, after 5 days she had no choice but to leave him and return to Thailand. Reason being, he was not the same person she met online or in person, she felt he was a drunk and only wanted a maid. I am not saying that this is the case in the situation above, but I am sure she has her version as why she left so quickly.

well we get so focused on the immigration processing and stuff that we sometime miss what's going on behind us. same thing happened to a co-worker of mine back in 2005. but USCIS never came after him.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

this is sooo sad but you gotta let it go

AOS

10/16/2012 Mailed I-485, I-765, I-131
10/19/2012 NOA1
11/09/2012 Biometrics Apt @ 3pm
12/25/2012 EAD/AP Approval
01/05/2013 Received EAD/AP in mail

06/20/2013 AOS APPROVED!!!!!

LIFTING OF CONDITIONS

3/23/15 Mailed I-751

3/25/15 NOA1

3/28/15 NOA1 Received in the Mail

4/28/15 Biometrics Apt.

11/13/15 ROC Approved

11/18/15 Approval Letter Received

Timeline

This is terrible situation, i am so sorry for you. But I can't fugure it out, how people can be so cynical and cruel, using human being to get into country, then run to another man...if things written here were true. Why no one thinks, what if something bad happened to girl...crime, accidence, serious health problems... maybe i am too naive.

Any way, be careful, i would infrom USCIS or some other immigration organisation about your situation.

Filed: Timeline

People are judging here to quickly. Maybe she left for a good reason?!? People indicate she tries to scam him. Maybe she realized she didn't love him? Or maybe he wasn't the same person anymore when she got here. He thinks shes still in the states, WHO CARES? There are multiple plausible reasons.. Who knows .... We should judge anybody so fast, but I've seen in sooo many times on VJ.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.