62 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

She probably already had another buyer lined up well before coming here. All you did is pay to unite them in the US. She will probably just stay here illegally like th emillions of others who walk the streets among us every day.

This is not your fault. You did nothing wrong. Like others said, forget her and move on. And don't let her sweet talk you into giving her another chance. It's possible that she planned to marry somebody else but doesn't know that she can't get a greencard marrying somebody else. And like another member said, she may try to beg to take her back. DON'T DO IT!!! Once she gets her greencard, you can bet she'll leave again.

Look at it this way... At least you didn't marry the bittch!

Yep, lesson learned. I don't know the particulars but I'll just take a guess that the OP didn't spend a lot of time getting to know his future wife.

And read this post from Jim again.... http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/381879-fiancee-left/page__view__findpost__p__5592341

Move on. Be careful and good luck...

Edited by Tanya and Barry

I-129F Sent : 2010-01-16
Visa Approved!!: 2010-04-20
Visa Received: 2010-04-28
POE Chicago: 2010-05-01
Married: 2010-06-30
AOS filed: 2011-01-25
AOS Approved: 2011-03-25

ROC Approved 06-2013

Citizen 09-14

Filed: Timeline

Yep, lesson learned. I don't know the particulars but I'll just take a guess that the OP didn't spend a lot of time getting to know his future wife.

And read this post from Jim again.... http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/381879-fiancee-left/page__view__findpost__p__5592341

OP said they courted and vacationed together for 3 years.

Not OPs fault, some Women are just Jezebels.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

NOBODY travels to a foreign country, the US or otherwise, to be with someone then up and bolts - immediately - without a support system in place.

The chances are good she's been schooled. Protect yourself.

Yes, I am aware of this. She informed me two days ago that she was departing the US and returning home yesterday....still in route to Siberia at this time.

I will try to verify this with the Department of State ASAP....to see if the I-94 was processed at the port of departure. If it was not....I have an attorney on call over this matter.

Learned a long time ago; Before you step in the mud, make sure your boots are laced....tightly :thumbs:

Timeline

Three years, and numerous vacations together.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Yes, I am aware of this. She informed me two days ago that she was departing the US and returning home yesterday....still in route to Siberia at this time.

I will try to verify this with the Department of State ASAP....to see if the I-94 was processed at the port of departure. If it was not....I have an attorney on call over this matter.

Learned a long time ago; Before you step in the mud, make sure your boots are laced....tightly :thumbs:

Hold on, so she contacted you? Called or emailed? Did she tell you what happened?

I'm really sorry for this mess. I hope she indeed left and you're just ready to pick up the pieces and move on.

Don't ever do anything you're not willing to explain the paramedics.

Timeline

Hold on, so she contacted you? Called or emailed? Did she tell you what happened?

I'm really sorry for this mess. I hope she indeed left and you're just ready to pick up the pieces and move on.

Yeah, she sent me a text the day before yesterday. No departure/flight information...just that she was leaving. Nothing more than that.

I'll find out for sure during the week.

Everyone be careful. I don't know if it was sudden culture shock, or just all BS from the get-go. She ain't talking.

Yeah, she sent me a text the day before yesterday. No departure/flight information...just that she was leaving. Nothing more than that.

I'll find out for sure during the week.

Everyone be careful. I don't know if it was sudden culture shock, or just all BS from the get-go. She ain't talking.

Here's my take and I'm trying to learn.

If it's anything other than BS then why all the cloak and dagger stuff.

Why wouldn't she have you involved in the return back to the old country fi she had insurmountable culture shock?

If you can please share if you found out that she really left, I'm beting she didn't but just trying to throw you off of her scent.

Timeline

Here's my take and I'm trying to learn.

If it's anything other than BS then why all the cloak and dagger stuff.

Why wouldn't she have you involved in the return back to the old country fi she had insurmountable culture shock?

If you can please share if you found out that she really left, I'm beting she didn't but just trying to throw you off of her scent.

Yeah, I'll post when I know for sure. Well, I don't have anything to contribute, other than after arriving here, she suddenly hated me...and I mean HATE!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yeah, I'll post when I know for sure. Well, I don't have anything to contribute, other than after arriving here, she suddenly hated me...and I mean HATE!

I had a very similar situation to yours. I brought a viet girl here on a K-1 and everything was fine on the flight here. Once we arrived home he did a complete 180 on me. Started chatting constantly with her "friends" in vietnamese, and looked at me with contempt. After 5 days she secretly flew to Arizona to be with her male "friend" who had pretended to be helping us. When she arrive, he found out she was no longer virgin and dumped her ####. Of course then she got all apologetic and said it was just culture shock blah blah blah. She wanted a ticket back to me, and like a total idiot I let her back. I'd invested a lot of time and money n the relationship and was hoping it was savable, which of course it was not. More chats started up with her "uncle" in Chicago and on night 3 she went for a walk. She went to a local convenience store and called the police on me, claiming my mother had held her down while I raped her. :blink:

The police took her to a local shelter and the "uncle" sent her a ticket soon after. The police are however not total idiots and never gave her claim a second thought. I was never even asked about it. They just prevented any contact, which was fine by me, until one day she showed up with them to get her things. I let them in and sat watching poker on tv with one of the officers. The little ###### actually had the nerve to grab some cash I had laying on my desk and some food out of the frig, but I let it slide. If she needed it bad enough to steal it, then she needed it far more than I did.

Anywho, they left and I didn't hear a peep out of her for about two months. Then she called up begging to come back, said she had made a terrible mistake by leaving, denied ever making accusations blah blah blah. I guess the "uncle" found out she wasn't virgin. I wished her good luck in her life and ended the conversation. I knew her 90 days was almost up, and I had reported everything I knew to ICE....who did absolutely NOTHING. In fact some agency got her a pro bono lawyer and now she works at Wal-Mart in another state, has a GC, and is wanting to enlist in the armed forces.

What a great immigration system we have! Once they are here, there is little anyone can do if they say the right words....whether they are true or not.

Take it from someone who has lived it. Avoid contact, protect yourself, document/save anything that might possibly be used, and move on.

Timeline

Three years, and numerous vacations together.

OP,did you travel to Siberia and visit here in her home city?

ROC Approved 06-2013

Citizen 09-14

Timeline

OP,did you travel to Siberia and visit here in her home city?

Oh yeah...just love the place...seriously! Absolutely beautiful region, the folks are great, and the food is to die for!

Well, whip me with a birch limb and roll me in the snow! :thumbs:

Timeline

Oh yeah...just love the place...seriously! Absolutely beautiful region, the folks are great, and the food is to die for!

Well, whip me with a birch limb and roll me in the snow! :thumbs:

:thumbs: I never got used to the birch whippings myself... :rofl:

ROC Approved 06-2013

Citizen 09-14

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Here is something interesting regarding Vawa timeline. Vermont Service Center VAWA Unit Stakeholder Call (conference call) May 9, 2012.In May 2012 they were working on April 2011 cases.

Vermont Service Center VAWA Unit Stakeholder Call, May 9, 2012

...VAWA I-360s: we’re in the process of moving additional resources to that work; will see

increase in production in June and July; working on 4/2011 cases and have 11,278 filings pending..."

http://www.ilrc.org/files/documents/may_9_2012_vsc_stakeholder_call.pdf

Edited by sandranj

I had a very similar situation to yours. I brought a viet girl here on a K-1 and everything was fine on the flight here. Once we arrived home he did a complete 180 on me. Started chatting constantly with her "friends" in vietnamese, and looked at me with contempt. After 5 days she secretly flew to Arizona to be with her male "friend" who had pretended to be helping us. When she arrive, he found out she was no longer virgin and dumped her ####. Of course then she got all apologetic and said it was just culture shock blah blah blah. She wanted a ticket back to me, and like a total idiot I let her back. I'd invested a lot of time and money n the relationship and was hoping it was savable, which of course it was not. More chats started up with her "uncle" in Chicago and on night 3 she went for a walk. She went to a local convenience store and called the police on me, claiming my mother had held her down while I raped her. :blink:

The police took her to a local shelter and the "uncle" sent her a ticket soon after. The police are however not total idiots and never gave her claim a second thought. I was never even asked about it. They just prevented any contact, which was fine by me, until one day she showed up with them to get her things. I let them in and sat watching poker on tv with one of the officers. The little ###### actually had the nerve to grab some cash I had laying on my desk and some food out of the frig, but I let it slide. If she needed it bad enough to steal it, then she needed it far more than I did.

Anywho, they left and I didn't hear a peep out of her for about two months. Then she called up begging to come back, said she had made a terrible mistake by leaving, denied ever making accusations blah blah blah. I guess the "uncle" found out she wasn't virgin. I wished her good luck in her life and ended the conversation. I knew her 90 days was almost up, and I had reported everything I knew to ICE....who did absolutely NOTHING. In fact some agency got her a pro bono lawyer and now she works at Wal-Mart in another state, has a GC, and is wanting to enlist in the armed forces.

What a great immigration system we have! Once they are here, there is little anyone can do if they say the right words....whether they are true or not.

Take it from someone who has lived it. Avoid contact, protect yourself, document/save anything that might possibly be used, and move on.

But they were, they should have arrested her for filing a false police report.

Here is something interesting regarding Vawa timeline. Vermont Service Center VAWA Unit Stakeholder Call (conference call) May 9, 2012.In May 2012 they were working on April 2011 cases.

Vermont Service Center VAWA Unit Stakeholder Call, May 9, 2012

...VAWA I-360s: we're in the process of moving additional resources to that work; will see

increase in production in June and July; working on 4/2011 cases and have 11,278 filings pending..."

http://www.ilrc.org/...holder_call.pdf

Oh dear God, it's an epidemic. You Guys need to stop birch whipping each other and having Mothers hold down Wifeys for rapesfests.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.