emanuel

1st post long time reader. I have to say you guys are wrong

70 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My wife recently arrived on a k1 visa and I saw she was bored at home so I registered in school so she could get out of the house and not be so bored. She likes to punch me and I always tell her to stop, but it didn't hurt so I didn't think much of it. well, one day I was driving and the police stop me and said I had a warrant for my arrest. I was like what the heck is going on here you must have the wrong person then a detective showed up and told me I'm being arrested for a felony and a misdemeanor .

how in the world can this happen when my wife had no marks at all on her and to make matters worst I'm just finding out that the incident happened about 5 weeks earlier. I asked my wife what's going on and she told me that her friends she met in school pressured her to do it because we were arguing.

I always taught being that the incident was over a month old the police would at least try to make contact with me before charging me with such a violent crime.

I don't put my hand on women so if I would have slap her I would have been saying this is my fault but how could the police just take a lie had face value and ruining someone's life like this. It doesn't matter the outcome of this just having a felony on a person record is enough to screw them for life

So you guys are wrong you don't need people around because it doesn't matter my brother is staying with me and he has no clue what's going on?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My wife recently arrived on a k1 visa and I saw she was bored at home so I registered in school so she could get out of the house and not be so bored. She likes to punch me and I always tell her to stop, but it didn't hurt so I didn't think much of it. well, one day I was driving and the police stop me and said I had a warrant for my arrest. I was like what the heck is going on here you must have the wrong person then a detective showed up and told me I'm being arrested for a felony and a misdemeanor .

how in the world can this happen when my wife had no marks at all on her and to make matters worst I'm just finding out that the incident happened about 5 weeks earlier. I asked my wife what's going on and she told me that her friends she met in school pressured her to do it because we were arguing.

I always taught being that the incident was over a month old the police would at least try to make contact with me before charging me with such a violent crime.

I don't put my hand on women so if I would have slap her I would have been saying this is my fault but how could the police just take a lie had face value and ruining someone's life like this. It doesn't matter the outcome of this just having a felony on a person record is enough to screw them for life

So you guys are wrong you don't need people around because it doesn't matter my brother is staying with me and he has no clue what's going on?

Okay what back that up now. First I don't know what you mean by "we are wrong about having people around you" Now to the story here.

You say 5 weeks earlier an incident happened. Dear for a warrent and a felony conviction to happen would have to be a very serious "incident" that involves court, fines and the like. Can you please tell us what exactly happened. Even you slappin somebody around rarely results in a felony. Were you charged with domestic violence and failed to appear? I find it real unlikely all this could have just happened in 5 weeks.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Sorry, I don't understand the point of this post...

But why would you stay in relationship with somebody who beats you?

Lincoln, UK to Dallas, TX

K-1 Journey!

zwto8r27m.png

05/08/12 Sent package off
05/10/12 Package received by USCIS
05/14/12 NOA1 Received
05/15/12 Touch
11/08/12 NOA2 Received!!
11/29/12 Medical
11/29/12 Sent the forms and readiness for interview notice off
01/08/13 Forms finally processed, waiting for interview date
01/18/13 Received interview date letter
02/08/13 Interview
02/08/13 APPROVED!!!!!
02/15/13 Visa arrives
02/21/13 POE! ♥

AOS

06/19/13 Sent package off
06/24/13 Package received by USCIS
06/25/13 NOA1 Received
07/08/13 Biometrics
02/21/14 Approved!

ROC

12/15/15 Sent package off
12/21/15 NOA1 Received

01/14/16 Biometrics

05/25/16 Approved!

maybe the point of this thread is in reference to how having his brother around didn't help?

Adjustment of Status from H-1B, Family-Based
07/26/2012 - 10/18/2012: 85 Days from Application Received to GC Received.
Removal of Conditions
07/22/2014 - 11/14/2014: 116 Days from Application Received to GC Received.
Naturalization
02/03/2016 - 05/31/2016 : 119 Days from Application Received to Oath Ceremony.

I am a United States citizen!

I'm unsure as to what you mean by this.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

All it takes in some areas is for a person to go to the county attorney's office and make a sworn statement that an incident happened. The CA evaluates the statement and decides what charges might be appropriate, and in your case, requested a warrant be issued. It DOES NOT mean there is any merit to the charges as probably the only proof they have is your wife's statement.

You need to explain to your wife the serious consequences of what she has done (assuming the two of you wish to remain together). She has opened a can of worms that is going to cost both of you a lot of time and money and possibly jail for one of you. You need to be very clear with her to explain filing a false sworn statement is a crime and she could go to jail for doing so. So much advise I could give you, what, exactly, are the charges?

Your relationship has some deep issues that you need to explore. There is a big difference between arguing and actual domestic violence.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Unfortunate situation. Hope justice prevails, but I dont get the point of the post

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I hope this isn't a baiting thread to get our reaction. It doesn't make sense and the OP isn't providing more details.

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

All it takes in some areas is for a person to go to the county attorney's office and make a sworn statement that an incident happened. The CA evaluates the statement and decides what charges might be appropriate, and in your case, requested a warrant be issued. It DOES NOT mean there is any merit to the charges as probably the only proof they have is your wife's statement.

You need to explain to your wife the serious consequences of what she has done (assuming the two of you wish to remain together). She has opened a can of worms that is going to cost both of you a lot of time and money and possibly jail for one of you. You need to be very clear with her to explain filing a false sworn statement is a crime and she could go to jail for doing so. So much advise I could give you, what, exactly, are the charges?

Your relationship has some deep issues that you need to explore. There is a big difference between arguing and actual domestic violence.

Excellent response.

A lot fo VJ folks have blinders on or see through rose colored glasses.

You can be charged for a felony and a warrant issued just from the word of a Police Officer without an arrest being made. Unless the crime is a continued danger to someone they will not come to arrest you and just wait for an encounter during this austere times (this is why routine traffic stops escalate quickly). I was at CA DMV and a Guy got arersted there when he went to renew his license on a 1 year warrant. One year???

Like OP hinted at, you don't have to have collaborating witness for DV and you don't have to have any bruises for the charge to stick - the testimony from one of the Spouses is enough. Once the case is filed, even if the Spouse recants, the state can still go ahead and pursue the criminal charges and in fact at times threaten the Spouse with hindering a police case for the refusal.

If the OPs story is true then, in my book and one of my unaaceptables, the marriage is over. It's a cacophony of issues of unnecessary police contact, influence by cohorts and withholding pertinent information.

Good luck to all concerned.

Edited by Gowon

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

When you guys punched each other or wrestled was your brother around?

When ppl on VJ ask someone to have company around is simply becoz one partner cannot claim something happened, when in reality it never happened.

Having someone would be having them at the witness.

When your wife went and filed a report at that time police would not look for witness to incident, but if the same thing would had happened and police was called to your place than police would get the witness statement and county attorney would make a call based on the police report.

In your case no such report was present other than the report from your wife.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
If the OPs story is true then [...] the marriage is over.
Si, man (sigh, man).
It's a cacophony of issues of unnecessary police contact, influence by cohorts and withholding pertinent information.
Good summation. It also sounds as though there's zero trust and severe disconnection between the parties.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Hi everyone thanks for the response. I'm just getting in. many questions ask where do I start?

the purpose of the tread was to make many of you aware that it doesn't matter if someones around when you are arguing with your sig. other because every time we argued my brother was there. the only time I touch her is when she's punching me in the face and has my hair locked in her hair and I have to pull her hands away from my hair in which chunks of my hair fall out in the process. when I force her hands lose and push her away she always say I beat her because I removed her hand with force.

She went to my family and told them that I was beating her so all of my aunts came over to confront(beat me) me about it, but after I told them what her definition of beat was. my aunts told her to stop going around and telling people that I beat her when the fact is she was the one beating me.

to the story of the arrest:

to this day I still don't know what's going on. the report stats the incident happened well over 5 weeks and the charges were filed 2 days before I was stopped in the streets and arrested. If the city felt like I was beating my wife why in the world would they let her stay for 5 weeks after she filed the report and it could have been even longer if I wasn't stopped for making and illegal turn.

The police never came to my house in that month to hear my side of what was going on and hey had 1 month to do it before they filed the charges. I know it's going to get throwing out but being arrest for a felony is all it takes to have a person screwed for life

Edited by emanuel

When you guys punched each other or wrestled was your brother around?

When ppl on VJ ask someone to have company around is simply becoz one partner cannot claim something happened, when in reality it never happened.

Having someone would be having them at the witness.

When your wife went and filed a report at that time police would not look for witness to incident, but if the same thing would had happened and police was called to your place than police would get the witness statement and county attorney would make a call based on the police report.

In your case no such report was present other than the report from your wife.

I never punch or put a hand on her only to lose my hair out of her hands and yes everytime my brother was there asking me what was her problem

the police never asked me anything or any one else.

I hope this isn't a baiting thread to get our reaction. It doesn't make sense and the OP isn't providing more details.

I didn't go into details because the tread was to warn you guys to stop think by having someone there you aren't going to jail even if it's a lie. well , I'm hear to tell you that you are going to jail no question asked months later. if she/he lies on you

Belinda you are right, that's the way it works. the system or"game" is rigged to purposely screw a person life up. it doesn't matter the outcome you will still be a felon just not a convicted one. no major corporation will touch you if you apply for a job, you can't work in law enforcement or most government(unless as a janitor or in the parks department)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.