Between

We're different people than we were before marriage...

47 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The OP mentioned that they have a 6 month old baby .... are you aware that her hormones are still out of balance. It takes about a year before all that is back in check, so please stop complaining about her actions, and just try to be more patient and understanding of what she is going through.

~~~ Hes the chance Im taking ~~~

April 2007 - Met online

Oct. 2008 - He came to Canada to meet me

Dec 25 2009 officially engaged

March 2010 - sent off I-129F

March 27 2010 - Vermont receives package :)

April 3 2010 - Informed through mail that cheque is cashed NOA1

May 28 2010 - RFE notification ( yeah Im online checking alot >.< )

June 5 2010 - RFE hardcopy received

June 18 2010 - RFE returned ( had done it June 7 - but USPS returned grrrr )

--- case says we should hear from them in 60 days from June 18 ---

June 23 - Touched

Aug4 - Email notification of NoA2 :)

Aug. 10 - NOA2 Hardcopy received

Sept. 13 - Faxed off Package 3

Sept 14 - Interview notification set for Oct. 5

Oct. 5 2010 Interview Passed

March 17 2011 POE Canadian/US border

April 1 2011 Marriage

Mailed AOS June 1

Chicago Lockbox confirms delivery June 3

Check cashed through bank - notification June 9

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I dunno if that would be the solution. I have a baby too and suffered, still suffer from postpartum depression and anxiety, hormones all out of whack and I can assure you, I never threw dishes around the house. That is a whole new level and I'd file that under anger or lack of anger management rather than crazy hormones.

Nadine & Kenneth

Our K-1 journey

02/06/2006 filed 129F

07/01/2007 received visa via "Deutsche Post"

08/27/2006 POE Dallas

->view my complete timeline

AOS, EAD and AP

12/6/2006 filed for AOS & EAD

1/05/2007 AOS transferred to California Service Center

01/16/2008 letter to Congressman

03/27/2008 GREENCARD arrived

ROC

02/02/2010 filed I-751

07/01/20010 Greencard arrived

Naturalization

12/08/2021 N-400 filed 

03/15/2022 Interview. Approved after "quality review"

05/11/2022 Oath Ceremony

Find some kind of in-person counselling. I don't think you need someone who specializes in immigrants. Or even anger management. But a good marriage counsellor would be great. Does your wife have any kind of support system over here? Any friends? I don't think this is impossible to work out, but it's going to be hard for a while until it gets better.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

sorry for what you're going through. I think she needs an anger management class of some sort rather than a couple therapy.

Married May 2011

10/07/2011: NOA1

12/15/2011: NOA2

01/12/2012: NVC case number arrived

01/13/2012: DS-3032 emailed

01/27/2012: Barcode arrived via e-mail

03/06/2012: I-864&DS-230 sent together

03/13/2012: RFE

04/16/2012: Additional documents sent

05/02/2012: NVC case complete

05/14/2012: Medical

06/04/2012: Interview--->approved

06/05/2012: Visa arrived in mail

LAX POE Review

Filed: Timeline

The OP mentioned that they have a 6 month old baby .... are you aware that her hormones are still out of balance. It takes about a year before all that is back in check, so please stop complaining about her actions, and just try to be more patient and understanding of what she is going through.

Amazing, just amazing.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I tried marriage counseling twice, with terrible results, so this is a waste of time and money, IMO.

Having been in "her" shoes, I have to ask - does she get enough sleep? Is there a baby sitter/ relatives relieving her of baby duties every week? Does she do the housework too? Is she still breastfeeding? If she does not get enough sleep and has to take care of the baby full time + take care of the house, then she does not need anger management. She needs a nanny and some time for herself + time to recover her emotional balance. Until then, yeah, you better cope with her short fuse.

Are you afraid of your wife? If yes, then you may have abuse situation on your hands.

CR-1 Timeline

March'07 NOA1 date, case transferred to CSC

June'07 NOA2 per USCIS website!

Waiver I-751 timeline

July'09 Check cashed.

Jan'10 10 year GC received.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

If it was reversed you'd be seeing "thats abuse divorce him" all over the place. A woman goes ballistic, yelling, throwing and breaking objects aimed and a man and the man is supposed to be more understanding. :bonk:

She had a baby so its ok for her to abuse him.

She has her period, so its ok for her to abuse him.

He's bigger than her, so its ok for her to abuse him.

She's a woman and men abused women for centuries, so its ok to abuse men. :wacko: Actually that was my ex wife's opinion and she stated it more than once.

I'm actually all for doing everything you can to save a marriage, but abuse giving excuses for and ignored cannot be solved.

It sucks to be a man... :help:

Good luck OP. You have to do what's best for you. Good luck.

I-129F Sent : 2010-01-16
Visa Approved!!: 2010-04-20
Visa Received: 2010-04-28
POE Chicago: 2010-05-01
Married: 2010-06-30
AOS filed: 2011-01-25
AOS Approved: 2011-03-25

ROC Approved 06-2013

Citizen 09-14

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

So I'm kind of wondering whether there are family and marriage counselors that deal specifically with the issues facing immigrants and their families, or anger-management classes for immigrants...

Do you think the issues stem from cultural differences? The reason I ask is that an immigrant from Laos would have completely different cultural differences from one say from Ireland. How different is her country from the US? My point is maybe she doesn't need to be counseled as an immigrant but rather just an un-happy wife.

Good luck and congrats on the baby! Hope you two sort it out quickly.

If it was reversed you'd be seeing "thats abuse divorce him" all over the place. A woman goes ballistic, yelling, throwing and breaking objects aimed and a man and the man is supposed to be more understanding. :bonk:

She's a woman and men abused women for centuries, so its ok to abuse men. :wacko: Actually that was my ex wife's opinion and she stated it more than once.

I'm actually all for doing everything you can to save a marriage, but abuse giving excuses for and ignored cannot be solved.

It sucks to be a man... :help:

Good luck OP. You have to do what's best for you. Good luck.

Aaw come on Guys, she's just a "spoilt brat", you Guys just need to turn the other cheek. Think of the children will you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Actually he's gender blind when it comes to his idiotic statements. I've seen him go both ways with it.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Could it be post-partum depression + stress of immigration etc? Lot more women suffer from post-partum depression than people think and a lot of times it just goes un-noticed and untreated. Maybe talk to her dr. Symptoms of PPD are -

Agitation or irritability

Changes in appetite

Feelings of worthlessness or guilt

Feeling withdrawn or unconnected

Lack of pleasure or interest in most or all activities

Loss of concentration

Loss of energy

Problems doing tasks at home or work

Negative feelings toward the baby

Significant anxiety

Thoughts of death or suicide

Trouble sleeping

A mother with postpartum depression may also:

Be unable to care for herself or her baby

Be afraid to be alone with her baby

Have negative feelings toward the baby or even think about harming the baby (Although these feelings are scary, they are almost never acted on. Still you should tell your doctor about them right away)

Worry intensely about the baby, or have little interest in the baby

Link!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

If I were you I would firstly try to have a frank and honest conversation with your wife.

Ask her what she wants, why she is unhappy, does she want to continue with the relationship? If so; what could you improve on, what does she think she could do differently, what could you both work on?

If you cannot do this, if it is too hard to talk to her at this point look into counselling. Generally you can get counselling from an intern for quite cheap. We did some pre-martial counselling with an intern who just finished her degree and we got it for 1/3 the normal fee.

We became a couple : 2011-05-29
I visited him : 2011-10-28 - 2011-11-17
He visited me (and my crazy family) : 2012-02-05 - 2012-02-17
I-129F Sent : 2012-02-05
I-129F NOA1 : 2012-02-14
I entered on VWP to stay 3 months: 2012-04-11 - 2012-07-03
---
Went to get my medical done for interview in Australia (much cheaper in the US and I was already here):2012-05-20
Medical issue diagnosed
K-1 petition cancellation request sent to CSC : 2012-06-01
Married: 2012-06-21
Filed for AOS : 2012-08-08
NOA1 : 2012-08-10
Biometrics : 2012-09-14
EAD approved : 2012-10-16
Applied for SSN : 2012-11-01
Received SSN : 2012-11-13
Received interview notice :2012-12-27
Interview- APPROVED :2013-01-28
Green card received :2013-02-04
Baby girl born :2013-03-09

Filed for ROC :2014-12-05
NOA :2014-12-11
Biometrics : 2015-01-15

ROC Approval : 2015-05-14

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

So I'm kind of wondering whether there are family and marriage counselors that deal specifically with the issues facing immigrants and their families, or anger-management classes for immigrants...

To answer your question. YES there are counselors for this. The sooner the better. 10 miles into the woods, 10 miles out of the woods.

Just a little searching in your area and a few phone calls and you will find the right person.

Good luck

Edited by Que Saudade

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.