JODi * DOUG

Pleasee Help,Really Important ?'s for fiance visa!!!

25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi Everyone, This is my first post and im not even sure if im posting in the right forum, i cant seem to figure out how i post anything so when i saw i can here i figure i give it a shot and see if im right = p if these questions i have are not in the right area for discussion please let me know how im suppose to be doing this,

I'm in the process of getting everything together for the fiance visa and had a couple questions that i cant seem to find any answer to online. This site has giving me a lot of help when preparing everything, so hopefully someone can help me with my questions :)

I was wondering if anyone has sent in a wedding invitation to the USCIS as proof that the relationship is legit and there is a real intent to get married once my fiance enters the US. If anyone has done this did you have a date you plan on getting married being there's no legit estimate on when everything will be processed.

Another question i had was is there any police records of any sort that need to be sent to the USCIS? I know that my fiance will need his when he goes to the embassy in Brasil but I'm sort of confused if anything is needed for the USCIS.

I really hope someone can answer these questions for me so i can get everything together ASAP to start the process being I'm almost finished. Thank you in advance :D

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

For the I-129F petition, you don't need proof of a relationship--only that you have met in person within the last 2 years. Also any police records are not required for the petition at USCIS. Those would be required later at the embassy for the visa interview. Proof of relationship will also be needed for the interview and I think you can use a wedding invitation as proof, but you may need other forms of evidence as well.

To help you in the right direction, you should start reading the K-1 guide. Hopefully this will help you and if any more questions or doubts just ask!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi Everyone, This is my first post and im not even sure if im posting in the right forum, i cant seem to figure out how i post anything so when i saw i can here i figure i give it a shot and see if im right = p if these questions i have are not in the right area for discussion please let me know how im suppose to be doing this,

I'm in the process of getting everything together for the fiance visa and had a couple questions that i cant seem to find any answer to online. This site has giving me a lot of help when preparing everything, so hopefully someone can help me with my questions :)

I was wondering if anyone has sent in a wedding invitation to the USCIS as proof that the relationship is legit and there is a real intent to get married once my fiance enters the US. If anyone has done this did you have a date you plan on getting married being there's no legit estimate on when everything will be processed.

Another question i had was is there any police records of any sort that need to be sent to the USCIS? I know that my fiance will need his when he goes to the embassy in Brasil but I'm sort of confused if anything is needed for the USCIS.

I really hope someone can answer these questions for me so i can get everything together ASAP to start the process being I'm almost finished. Thank you in advance :D

I don't know why people keep saying you don't have to prove you have an ongoing relationship but you do need to prove that as well as that you have met within 2 years. I would assume the invitation isn't necessary to send, like the previous post send follow this guide to a T. I made the mistake and just discovered this guide like 3 months after I sent out application and realized that I made a huge mistake! http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Rachel & Tom <3

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Most engaged couples show wedding plans and when asked your wedding date (I mean they know you have no clue) its of course within 90 days of their arrival there you go. And police stuff like ^ said. :D

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

For the I-129F petition, you don't need proof of a relationship--only that you have met in person within the last 2 years. Also any police records are not required for the petition at USCIS. Those would be required later at the embassy for the visa interview. Proof of relationship will also be needed for the interview and I think you can use a wedding invitation as proof, but you may need other forms of evidence as well.

To help you in the right direction, you should start reading the K-1 guide. Hopefully this will help you and if any more questions or doubts just ask!!

You absolutely DO need police records and court documents for ANY and ALL of the petitioners crimes listed on page 3 of the I-129F....as well as proof of a relationship...a wedding invitation would seem useless as you don't know when you will be able to marry.

I highly recommend you seek a reputable LOCAL immigration attorney if you have any amount of criminal convictions.

Good Luck!

Timeline

Hey if you need anymore help PM(Personal Message) me.

United-States-of-America-LH.gif Bryan and Isabel Brazil-Brasília-National-Flag-RH.gif

Gonzalez

Our Timeline

03/02/2011 - Engaged

USCIS / VSC

12/20/2011: Sent I-129F to Dallas Lockbox

02/16/2012: NOA1 Received, Forwarded to Vermont Service Center

XX/XX/2012: NOA2

NVC

XX/XX/2012: NVC received

XX/XX/2012: Case number

US Embassy Rio De Janeiro

XX/XX/2012: Embassy received

XX/XX/2012: Medical

XX/XX/2012: Interview

XX/XX/2012: Visa in hand

XX/XX/2012: POE Newark, New Jersey

FkP5m4.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

You absolutely DO need police records and court documents for ANY and ALL of the petitioners crimes listed on page 3 of the I-129F....as well as proof of a relationship...a wedding invitation would seem useless as you don't know when you will be able to marry.

I highly recommend you seek a reputable LOCAL immigration attorney if you have any amount of criminal convictions.

Good Luck!

Ah yes, you are right...but only if there are criminal convictions. If you answer no to question C part 2, then you do not need to include it. Some consulates require a police report for the interview, but you only need to include the reports in the petition if you have any convictions.

For the petition, proof of relationship is NOT required--however it is helpful to include it. You only need to prove you have met within the last 2 years.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ah yes, you are right...but only if there are criminal convictions. If you answer no to question C part 2, then you do not need to include it. Some consulates require a police report for the interview, but you only need to include the reports in the petition if you have any convictions.

For the petition, proof of relationship is NOT required--however it is helpful to include it. You only need to prove you have met within the last 2 years.

:thumbs: Right..not required...but crazy not to....at least original letters and photos

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I don't know why people keep saying you don't have to prove you have an ongoing relationship but you do need to prove that as well as that you have met within 2 years. I would assume the invitation isn't necessary to send, like the previous post send follow this guide to a T. I made the mistake and just discovered this guide like 3 months after I sent out application and realized that I made a huge mistake! http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

Because proof of ongoing relationship actually is not required for filing the I-129F petition. You need proof of meeting in the 2 years prior to filing plus the letters of intent and other required documents. Those going through high-fraud consulates where the interviews are tougher and there is a lot more scrutiny on the part of the CO, it is advised to 'front-load' your I-129F petition with ongoing relationship proof so that any evidence you send in to begin with cannot be ignored at the interview. This is not needed for all consulates.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Ola, ja esdtou na reta final do meu visto entao acho que posso te ajudar um pouco.

Nao eh necessario voce mandar convite do casamento, e se fosse voce deixava pra marcar a data bem mais pra frente pois esse processo e demora e nunca se sabe quando tudo pode acontecer, especialmente agora que voce so esta comecando.

No caso dos antecedentes criminais voce so ira precisar no dia da sua entrevista no consulado, entao espere tambem porque tem prazo de validade. No mais e isso, tenha calma e muiiiiita paciencia e no que precisar estamos ai.

beijos e boa sorte :thumbs:

Proof of relationship is not required to file I-129F. We didn't send a single thing except passport stamps, boarding passes and a few photos. No chat log, no email, no letters and we got approved no problem.

Timeline

Thank you everyone so much for your answers, I was shocked to see how quick i got replies, that definitely helps to get quick responses to my questions. All ill need to do is just have get his police reports before the embassy being nothing applies to him in the petition for any criminal convictions, for the invitation I guess ill leave the wedding invitation out being we have strong proof of relationship such as mainly emails, the few phone records we were able to find when i called him while he is in Brasil and pictures being my fiance and I have been together since we were 14 and 15 and now 20 and 21.

Another question i had was i noticed some people have said they had family and/or friends write letters to add to the application as proof of a legit relationship and was going to have my family write a letter along with my best friend who was there from day one that i met my fiance when i was younger, but I'm a little confused on what i should tell them to write about. Do i have them just write about my fiance and I about our relationship or about how were definitely getting married and everything. Maybe someone will have advice on what i should tell them as an idea of what to put into the letter....

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Please see the links on my signature. I believe that they may be of great benefit to you. Especially my 3rd link about the consulate in Rio. Try to distinguish that this process is a multi-step process. The confusion occurs sometime between the distinction between the I-129F approval versus the actual interview in Rio. I have a link that describes EXACTLY what you need for the interview. It is straight forward and even tells you how to organize your documents. Straight from the Consulate, so no opinions here, just facts. Should you have any specific questions, please message myself (John) or Marina. We will gladly answer anything we can based on our experience from going through this process in Brazil. While most information is universal for this process, requirements DO vary from country to country. Let us know if we can help.

Also, it is not necessary to have anyone write a letter unless you think you are going to have a problem proving you two are a couple. Now, bear in mind, once you get your K1, arrive in the states, and get married, then when you file for AOS, the requirements are more stringent. Then you absolutely have to show you are in a legitimate marriage (relationship). But, cross those bridges later. Take a deep breath and relax so that you concentrate on the task at hand.

Boa Sorte,

Edited by John & Mari

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Some of what you are asking may be specific to the consulate in Rio.

You can post in country specific questions here

..and check out the Brazil portal here

Good luck!

John & Mari faster on the post button!

Edited by Operator

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.