Henia

Sultan's Kitchen

1,134 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

NOOOOOOOOOO! Its liquid. Its like a really heavy milk. There are some kinds of creams that are sweetened with vanilla and sugar because they are for baking, like Bavarian style whipping cream. Just buy plain ol" heavy cream from the dairy section. It comes in small pints (like milk).

I would only feel sorry for your husband if you actually put Cool whip on the shrimp. :lol:

OK I'm going to look for it today! :D Thanks (F)

P.S. I did actually use cool whip in that recipe... ended up using a lot more than a tablespoon because it absolutely would NOT thicken (wonder why :rolleyes:).... it was soooooooooo sweet and nasty :lol: anyone who's had this at the Olive Garden knows it's not really supposed to be that sweet. Thank God he wasn't here so he didn't get to taste my failed experiment. :blush: I also tried it with sweetened condensed milk which was as nasty as whip cream.

Wow, I'm really glad you asked. :lol: I found this chart online, it tells you what to use for alcohol substitutions in recipes.

Good Luck! :star:

Are you volunteering? :P

Here is a board if anyone is interested. I personally hate going through a long message trying to find something. If not, I will keep it for my own organization :blush:

Hey everyone, that board that Rebecca made is really nice and easy to navigate. I have moved all the recipes from this thread and posted them there (giving credit to the original poster) I hope you all use that board for recipes because its sooooo much easier than searching through one long thread. Plus there is a section for requsts!

Aww, thanks so much for copying them over JP. I hope to add more this weekend.

No prob, it really it a great idea and soooo much easier. I hope everyone starts using it. I plan to add some this weekend too! :thumbs:

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

what do you mean by that Henia?

Adil & Janine

06/17/06- Wedding

08/16/06- I-130 and EAD sent with AOS packet

08/24/06- I-130, EAD, I-485 recieved

08/28/06- NOA1 for I-130, EAD, and I-485

09/01/06- Recieved boimetrics appointment letter

09/07/06- Biometrics appointment

10/24/06- Recieved letter for initial interview

11/21/06- EAD approved

11/27/06- EAD Recieved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/30/06- Touched- NOA for EAD sent

12/01/06- I-130 and I-485 Touched

12/20/06- Initial interview

12/20/06- APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (4 months!)

12/27/06- Recieved NOA2 for I-130

12/27/06- Recieved welcome letter

12/27/06- I-485 touched, New card ordered

01/03/06- PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD RECIEVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YAY!!!

09/18/08- Sent I-751... hopefully I did it corectly!

09/something... recieved NOA1 for I-751

10/16/08- Recieved biometrics appointment letter

10/25/08- Biometrics appontment!

03/19/09- Recieved letter stating I-751 transfered to CSC

03/30/09- I-751 approved!

04/02/09- Recieved approval letter

04/30/09- Recieved new card

10/14/09- Sent N-400... the wait begins again.....

10/24/09- Recieved NOA receipt letter

02/05/10- Recieved Fingerprint notification

02/23/10- Fingerprinting appointment

04/07/10- N-400 Interview

10/07/10- Request for aditional evidencce

02/07/11- Oath Ceremony letter arrives!!!!!!!!!!

02/18/11- Oath Ceremony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline
bamia.gif

bamia1_1.jpg

Bamia-Okra Stew with Meat

Mmmmmmm this looks simply delicious !!! My husband was asking about something like this just the other week -- now I can surprise him with it !

You're an angel, Angel ! :thumbs:

(F)

-MK

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline
I mean they opened another forum just for MENA recipe...(see earlier posts for the links) so I was making a joke that the Sultan;s kitchen is closed :lol:

No way.... Sultan's never closes -- it's 24-hours a day, 7 days a week !

This thread is great for posting new finds or classic recipes or answering requests.... and the other site is great when you're searching for a specific recipe or a specific category of food.

We need 'em both !

(F)

-MK

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline
I mean they opened another forum just for MENA recipe...(see earlier posts for the links) so I was making a joke that the Sultan;s kitchen is closed :lol:

No way.... Sultan's never closes -- it's 24-hours a day, 7 days a week !

This thread is great for posting new finds or classic recipes or answering requests.... and the other site is great when you're searching for a specific recipe or a specific category of food.

We need 'em both !

(F)

-MK

awwww i see...otay!

So I guess the Sultan's kitchen is closed huh? :lol: Or relocated? Great ...thanks to whoever opened that forum!

Henia,

I renamed it in honor of you. The URL is the same but check out the name above the forums here

awwww shucks! :blush:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Kanafeh

2 Packages Shredded Phyllo Dough

Kanafeh Food Coloring

1 Stick of unsalted butter, melted

2 packages of Nabulsi sweet cheese, sliced into 1/4" thick slices

Raw pistachios

Large Pan

Sugar Syrup without any rose or orange water, just plain syrup(if you need the recipe let me know)

1. After the dough is thawed, mix in some of the melted butter and mix. You may not need all of it, we just need to coat the dough and get it separated. Mix in the Kanafeh coloring (its powder), use as much as you like until you get the shade of orange you like. I have never used regular food coloring for this so I don't know the results.

2. In the large pan, spread out about half the phyllo and pat it down. Make sure the bottom is fully covered.

3. Lay the slices of cheese side by side on top of the dough.

4. Cover the cheese with the remaining phyllo dough. Make sure all the cheese is covered well! Also make sure the corners are covered too. Pat it down for an even look.

5. Bake it until the cheese melts and the top is a bit crunchy. Pour the cooled syrup on top. Don't put too much, some people don't like it dripping. You can always add extra syrup to individual pieces as they are being served.

6 If you like you can garnish each piece with sound ground raw pistachios.

Enjoy! :thumbs:

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

VP did you ever find that date syrup you were looking for?

I went to this arab food store and seen two kinds one from syria and one from iraq. One was in a can and one in a bottle and I thought about you and wondered if you ever found it????

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline
haha how weird. My husband bought this cheese and I was thinking I thought it said Nablus on it so i looked and it does and it has little black seeds in it. I guess he wants kanafa :unsure:
Ahhh is that springy cheese with the nigella black seeds in them?

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline
haha how weird. My husband bought this cheese and I was thinking I thought it said Nablus on it so i looked and it does and it has little black seeds in it. I guess he wants kanafa :unsure:
Ahhh is that springy cheese with the nigella black seeds in them?

Yeah that's it!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.