May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

O snaps Amera..you totally turned this otherwise horrible day into a smile :D Thanks I really needed that.

kisbuda_gulyasleves_n.jpgHere goes:

Magyar Gyulas (Goulash Soup) flag010.gifThis is a main meal hearty soup.

1 1/4 lb,600g beef,mutton or lamb /neck or shoulder

1 large onion

3tsp oil

1/2tsp caraway seed

1garlic clove

ground paprika (add as much as you like...i usually add about 4 TBS)

salt, pepper

1 carrot

1 parsely root (called also parsnips)

2 bell peppers or cubanelle peppers

1 tomato

2 celery stalks

14oz,400g potatoes

small pasta like orzo or acine de peni about handful or make your own small dumplings with simply flour and water.

Cut the meat into 2cm cubes and chop onion and garlic finely.Brown the onions in hot oil until transluscent.Add the caraway seed, garlic and cook.

Remove pot from the heat and add the paprika and the meat and season with salt,pepper.Cover with the lidand leave to cook gently. add a bit of water if it looks dry.

Add then the root(except potatoes) vegetables, tomatoes and fresh paprika and celery when the meat is half-ay cooked.

Pour 6 cups of water over this and let simmer for 20 min.

Add then the potatoes.

Once the meat and potatoes are cooked, add the pasta.

Serve hot in a deep bowl or go traditional in small kettle. :D (but surely not many have small kettles laying around at home :whistle: )

In Hungaria, this soup is served with fresh baked bread, dried paprika pods crushed.

Crepes filled with apricot or strawberry confiture are a great after meal dessert( really go extrav and fill them with nutella creme, fold them and drizzle on melted chocolate whipped creme and toasted almonds) .turospalacsinta_bild9.jpg

Ok so I have been craving Banannas lately! I've been eating a bananna a day and I was thinking about making bananna bread. Does anyone have any good recipies for bananna bread? I'm looking for one with nuts and one without nuts. Also if you happen you have any recipies with banannas, fell free to give me those too. Thanks!
Simple banana bread recipe...just add or omit the nuts as you like :D 3 or 4 ripe bananas, smashed

1/3 cup melted butter

1 cup sugar

1 egg, beaten

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 teaspoon baking soda

Pinch of salt

1 1/2 cup of flour

Preheat the oven to 350°F. With a wooden spoon, mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl. Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla. Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in. Add the flour last, mix. Pour mixture into a buttered 4x8 inch loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour. Cool on a rack. Remove from pan and slice to serve.151006618_4101c28047_m.jpg Hmm that makes me want to eat some Banana Foster French toast (made with almond and vanilla essence not liquor hihihi)

Hmm anyone got a great bread pudding recipe that is made without any cornstratch?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
Ok so I have been craving Banannas lately! I've been eating a bananna a day and I was thinking about making bananna bread. Does anyone have any good recipies for bananna bread? I'm looking for one with nuts and one without nuts. Also if you happen you have any recipies with banannas, fell free to give me those too. Thanks!

Did someone say banana? dance016.gif

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Did someone say banana? dance016.gif

Nope, I can't imagine why anyone would be thinking about bananas today :whistle::P

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Thank you thank you thank you henia!!! As I said I had this in Prague and East Germany and LOVE it!!! I have a bread pudding recipe that's pretty easy and good - I'll post it tonight!

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Timeline

Are you volunteering? :P

Here is a board if anyone is interested. I personally hate going through a long message trying to find something. If not, I will keep it for my own organization :blush:

Hey everyone, that board that Rebecca made is really nice and easy to navigate. I have moved all the recipes from this thread and posted them there (giving credit to the original poster) I hope you all use that board for recipes because its sooooo much easier than searching through one long thread. Plus there is a section for requsts!

~jordanian_princess~

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Henia - Bread Pudding Recipe for you:

3 extra large eggs

8 egg yoks

5c half and half or heavy cream

1 1/2c sugar

1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract

6 croissants

1c raisins

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350F

1) Whisk all eggs, half and half, sugar and vanilla together

2) Slice crossiants in half and place in the bottom of a pan

3) Add raisins and put the top of the croissants back on

4) Pour custard on top and let soak for 10 minutes

5) Place pan in a larger pan with 1" of hot water in bottom. Cover with tinfoil - tented so it doesn't touch the pudding.

6) Bake for 45 minutes and uncover. Bake for 40-45 more minutes until pudding puffs.

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Here is a board if anyone is interested. I personally hate going through a long message trying to find something. If not, I will keep it for my own organization :blush:

Hey everyone, that board that Rebecca made is really nice and easy to navigate. I have moved all the recipes from this thread and posted them there (giving credit to the original poster) I hope you all use that board for recipes because its sooooo much easier than searching through one long thread. Plus there is a section for requsts!

Aww, thanks so much for copying them over JP. I hope to add more this weekend.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

JP-

You know I'm always looking for something new and sweet to try so I was making a shopping list and I noticed the 1/2 gallon of heavy cream. Is that right? I don't think I have used 1/2 gallon of heavy cream in my life yet so I just wanted to make sure. Can you even buy heavy cream in a bigger than 1/2 pint container? thats about $30 in cream too-not a typo?If thats right, I'll try it. thanks

Dessert recipe

I know Eid is right around the corner, so here is a dessert recipe that will knock everyones socks off. :star:

3ish il Saraya

1 Loaf of White Bread (I usually use Sara Lee Honey White)

1/2 gallon heavy cream or manufacturers cream

6 TBS of Cornstarch

4 TBS of Orange Blossom Water ( you can use Rose water if you wish)

2.5 cups Sugar (2 cups for one part, 1/2 cup for the other part)

1.5 Cups water

1 TBS Vanilla

1/2 cup Raw Pistachios

Orange Jam/marmalade

Round Tray about 16 inches in diameter or bigger with a 1 inch lip (you can buy the disposable kind from a party store) it should look like this:

disppizzapan1.jpg

1. Cut all the crusts off the bread and toast it to a golden brown, set aside.

2. In a medium sauce pan over high heat, take 2 TBS from the 2 cups of sugar and add them to the sauce pan. Let the sugar melt to a golden brown color. Add the water, the remaining sugar from the 2 cups, 2TBS of Orange water, stil and let it dissolve. After it has come to a boil turn it off and set aside.

3. Get a large pot and add the cream, cornstarch, 1/2 cup of sugar, 2 TBS of Orange water, 1 TBS of vanilla and cook over medium heat while stirring the entire time until it comes to a boil. It will be really thick and grow in volume so make sure the pot is big enough.

Assembly

Arrange the toasted bread in the pan and make sure there are no empty spots, you may have to break up some pieces in cram them in. Pour the sugar syrup over the bread and make sure you have each piece coated well, after you have poured it all on flip the pieces of bread over to make sure both sides have soaked up the syrup.

Pour the cream mixture over the bread now and spread it evenly making sure the bread doesnt show through.

Ground the pistachios and spread them all over the top. Put dollops of jam around the edges and one in the center as garnish.

Cover with Saran Wrap and refrigerate for at least 6 hours. The cream will set and become custard like.

You can also garnish it with fruit, but you should wait until teh cream is halfway set.

Enjoy! :star:

3dflags_jor0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Hatem & Dawn

Dec 09, 2004 I130 sent to USCIS

Mar 02, 2006 Arrives in US

15 months start to finish for cr-1 from Amman with no RFEs, ARs or other bonus hang-ups

complete timeline in profile

Nov 27, 2007 Three year Annivrsary. Two more and I can apply for a Jordanian Passport, and then we're going to Cuba (Just because I can). can't wait...

Timeline

Yes, 1/2 gallon :lol: Its a walking heart attack but soooooooooooo good. If you buy it at a warehouse store in bulk its not that expensive. I usually pay about $6.99 for 1/2 gallon. :star: If you buy it in pints its realllllllllly expensive.

JP-

You know I'm always looking for something new and sweet to try so I was making a shopping list and I noticed the 1/2 gallon of heavy cream. Is that right? I don't think I have used 1/2 gallon of heavy cream in my life yet so I just wanted to make sure. Can you even buy heavy cream in a bigger than 1/2 pint container? thats about $30 in cream too-not a typo?If thats right, I'll try it. thanks

Dessert recipe

I know Eid is right around the corner, so here is a dessert recipe that will knock everyones socks off. :star:

3ish il Saraya

1 Loaf of White Bread (I usually use Sara Lee Honey White)

1/2 gallon heavy cream or manufacturers cream

6 TBS of Cornstarch

4 TBS of Orange Blossom Water ( you can use Rose water if you wish)

2.5 cups Sugar (2 cups for one part, 1/2 cup for the other part)

1.5 Cups water

1 TBS Vanilla

1/2 cup Raw Pistachios

Orange Jam/marmalade

Round Tray about 16 inches in diameter or bigger with a 1 inch lip (you can buy the disposable kind from a party store) it should look like this:

disppizzapan1.jpg

1. Cut all the crusts off the bread and toast it to a golden brown, set aside.

2. In a medium sauce pan over high heat, take 2 TBS from the 2 cups of sugar and add them to the sauce pan. Let the sugar melt to a golden brown color. Add the water, the remaining sugar from the 2 cups, 2TBS of Orange water, stil and let it dissolve. After it has come to a boil turn it off and set aside.

3. Get a large pot and add the cream, cornstarch, 1/2 cup of sugar, 2 TBS of Orange water, 1 TBS of vanilla and cook over medium heat while stirring the entire time until it comes to a boil. It will be really thick and grow in volume so make sure the pot is big enough.

Assembly

Arrange the toasted bread in the pan and make sure there are no empty spots, you may have to break up some pieces in cram them in. Pour the sugar syrup over the bread and make sure you have each piece coated well, after you have poured it all on flip the pieces of bread over to make sure both sides have soaked up the syrup.

Pour the cream mixture over the bread now and spread it evenly making sure the bread doesnt show through.

Ground the pistachios and spread them all over the top. Put dollops of jam around the edges and one in the center as garnish.

Cover with Saran Wrap and refrigerate for at least 6 hours. The cream will set and become custard like.

You can also garnish it with fruit, but you should wait until teh cream is halfway set.

Enjoy! :star:

~jordanian_princess~

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

OK you ladies are confusing me with this heavy cream stuff!!! I have been trying to make this recipe for the longest....

Olive Garden's Sicilian Scampi

Ingredients :

* 3 tbsp butter, softened

* 1 tspn minced white onion

* 1 tspn minced garlic

* 1 tbsp Chablis wine

* 6 fresh medium shrimp, butterfly cut - with tails left on

* 1 tspn lemon juice

* ½ tspn minced fresh parsley

* pinch salt

* pinch ground black pepper

* pinch crushed red pepper flakes

* 1 tbsp heavy cream

* 1 tbsp sliced canned black olives

* 5 slices Italian bread, toasted

* for garnish : 1 diced roma tomato

* freshly grated parmesan cheese

Preparation and Cooking Instructions :

Toast the sliced Italian bread on a sheet pan in your oven set to broil, or in a toaster oven. The bread should toast for 1 to 2 minutes on each side, or until light brown. Arrange the bread slices in a spoke-like fashion on a serving plate then dance over to the stove to whip up the scampi.

Heat a small skillet over medium heat. Add 3 tbsp butter to the pan.

When the butter has melted add the minced onion and garlic Make sure your heat isn't up too high or the garlic may burn, and turn brown and bitter. When the onion and garlic have sautéed for just a few seconds, add the wine to the pan.

Immediately add the shrimp to the pan.

After you add the shrimp, quickly add the lemon juice, parsley, salt, black pepper, and crushed red pepper and cook shrimp for 1 to 2 minutes, tossing occasionally.

After a minute or two, when the shrimp is done, add the cream and olives. Cook for 15 seconds or so, then use tongs to place one shrimp on the end of each bread slice (the ends that are in the center of the plate), and place one shrimp in the center of the plate (not on bread). Pour the sauce from the pan over the shrimp and serve the dish with a diced roma tomato sprinkled over the top and freshly grated parmesan cheese.

and I thought heavy cream was whipped cream :blush: now I'm starting to rethink that because you ladies are talking about how expensive it is. :unsure:

This recipe has NEVER turned out right for me and my mom swears it's because I substitute vinegar for the wine but maybe it's because I don't know what heavy cream is?????

What is it? What grocery store can I get it at? What section is it in? Anybody gotta link???? :help:

Aww, thanks so much for copying them over JP. I hope to add more this weekend.

That board rawks!!! :thumbs: Thanks so much for making it Bosco!!! (F) Thanks JP for getting the recipes started!!! (F)

Timeline
OK you ladies are confusing me with this heavy cream stuff!!! I have been trying to make this recipe for the longest....
Olive Garden's Sicilian Scampi

Ingredients :

* 3 tbsp butter, softened

* 1 tspn minced white onion

* 1 tspn minced garlic

* 1 tbsp Chablis wine

* 6 fresh medium shrimp, butterfly cut - with tails left on

* 1 tspn lemon juice

* ½ tspn minced fresh parsley

* pinch salt

* pinch ground black pepper

* pinch crushed red pepper flakes

* 1 tbsp heavy cream

* 1 tbsp sliced canned black olives

* 5 slices Italian bread, toasted

* for garnish : 1 diced roma tomato

* freshly grated parmesan cheese

Preparation and Cooking Instructions :

Toast the sliced Italian bread on a sheet pan in your oven set to broil, or in a toaster oven. The bread should toast for 1 to 2 minutes on each side, or until light brown. Arrange the bread slices in a spoke-like fashion on a serving plate then dance over to the stove to whip up the scampi.

Heat a small skillet over medium heat. Add 3 tbsp butter to the pan.

When the butter has melted add the minced onion and garlic Make sure your heat isn't up too high or the garlic may burn, and turn brown and bitter. When the onion and garlic have sautéed for just a few seconds, add the wine to the pan.

Immediately add the shrimp to the pan.

After you add the shrimp, quickly add the lemon juice, parsley, salt, black pepper, and crushed red pepper and cook shrimp for 1 to 2 minutes, tossing occasionally.

After a minute or two, when the shrimp is done, add the cream and olives. Cook for 15 seconds or so, then use tongs to place one shrimp on the end of each bread slice (the ends that are in the center of the plate), and place one shrimp in the center of the plate (not on bread). Pour the sauce from the pan over the shrimp and serve the dish with a diced roma tomato sprinkled over the top and freshly grated parmesan cheese.

and I thought heavy cream was whipped cream :blush: now I'm starting to rethink that because you ladies are talking about how expensive it is. :unsure:

This recipe has NEVER turned out right for me and my mom swears it's because I substitute vinegar for the wine but maybe it's because I don't know what heavy cream is?????

What is it? What grocery store can I get it at? What section is it in? Anybody gotta link???? :help:

Heavy cream is heavy cream or also known as manufacturers cream and whipping cream. When you whip it turns into actual whip cream. Be cafeful and check the label because some are sweetened. Its about $4 for a pint and its the Milk section. :star:

~jordanian_princess~

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Heavy cream is heavy cream or also known as manufacturers cream and whipping cream. When you whip it turns into actual whip cream. Be cafeful and check the label because some are sweetened. Its about $4 for a pint and its the Milk section. :star:

OK just so I'm clear it is NOT whipped cream like you find in the freezer section right? You can get it unsweetened? :huh:

Don't you all feel sorry for my husband???? :lol::blush::(

Timeline

OK just so I'm clear it is NOT whipped cream like you find in the freezer section right? You can get it unsweetened? :huh:

Don't you all feel sorry for my husband???? :lol::blush::(

NOOOOOOOOOO! Its liquid. Its like a really heavy milk. There are some kinds of creams that are sweetened with vanilla and sugar because they are for baking, like Bavarian style whipping cream. Just buy plain ol" heavy cream from the dairy section. It comes in small pints (like milk).

I would only feel sorry for your husband if you actually put Cool whip on the shrimp. :lol:

~jordanian_princess~

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

NOOOOOOOOOO! Its liquid. Its like a really heavy milk. There are some kinds of creams that are sweetened with vanilla and sugar because they are for baking, like Bavarian style whipping cream. Just buy plain ol" heavy cream from the dairy section. It comes in small pints (like milk).

I would only feel sorry for your husband if you actually put Cool whip on the shrimp. :lol:

OK I'm going to look for it today! :D Thanks (F)

P.S. I did actually use cool whip in that recipe... ended up using a lot more than a tablespoon because it absolutely would NOT thicken (wonder why :rolleyes:).... it was soooooooooo sweet and nasty :lol: anyone who's had this at the Olive Garden knows it's not really supposed to be that sweet. Thank God he wasn't here so he didn't get to taste my failed experiment. :blush: I also tried it with sweetened condensed milk which was as nasty as whip cream.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.