Regan L

Ive tried this post b4 but people just cut me down and were unhelpful:(

63 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

DFA has recently added the CFO seminar certificate as one of the requirements for those married to foreigners in applying for passport.

Interesting...only if you are already married do you need the CFO seminar for a passport.

The vacinations are included in the total price for the medical, but she will not be allowed to have her interview until she completes her medical and they will not complete her medical until the child is born because they can not give her the vaccinations while she is pregnant. That means no interview until after the child is born and thus you need to include the child in all of your paperwork. Fist you will need to get a DNA test done before the baby is declared a USC. In other words she is put on hold coming to the states until after the baby is born. Sorry. Do what you can. Read the Manila US Embassy web site. It is full of info.

http://manila.usembassy.gov/

10/01/2010 -- Met online

11/03/2010 -- Arrived in PH

4/20/2011 -- Married in PH

3/08/2012 -- Filed I-130 with USCIS Manila Embasy

5/17/2012 -- I -130 Approved

5/24/2012 -- Submitted Packet 3

6/04/2012 -- Medical

6/18/2012 -- VISA Interview - Approved

6/21/2012 -- Recieved VISA

7/03/2012 -- Fly to the States

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

There is no seminar for getting passport in Philippines.What part of Mindanao she from?cuz I am from Davao and had no problem getting my passport. She need a passport for medical...

She does need to take the CFO seminar when she is married to a foreign citizen....

You gave a partially incorrect answer to question #16, an I-485 would not be sent to the NVC, it would be a DS-230.

Thanks for the catch.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

After the NOA2 what must i do? My I-130 was just approved. Ive been researching for 2 days now and i cant find anything! All i find is conflicting stories of people saying i need this then other people saying i dont need that. apparently i need to send an entire I-130 packet to my wife? IM so freaking lost, every site says something diffrent and everytime i ask for help the tell me to research it. Well jeez what do you think ive been doing?What i need i a list with eevrything i need. Nopthing else. MY main problem is that im very poor and the Phillipeans apparently is going to want me to send her to manila for some cfo appointment so she can her passport b4 the Interview, then send her back to mindano. Then send her again for the medical examination and pay but loads for a whole bunch of vaccines and then send her back to mindinao. then send her back to manila for the interview! I hate that. I need a joint sponsor to even get her here, what makes them think i can do that? Plus with the joint sponsor, i dont know what to do, ive researched it but every site says somethign diffrent! What does my joint sponsor need? I need to pay the $88 viewing fee thing for them too? I dont know what forms i need simply because every site i have says i need diffrent forms, and the talk about I-129's i had a I-130! Apparently there is dq-203 or some form that im suppose to spend tons of money on too? It cost like $300, do i need one of them for my sponsor too? Im so stressed out, i only have $1500 and im suppose to get all of this done, each trip to manila and back to mindano cost $500 and i have all of these forms and documents i need.....im lost....im to young to get a back loan i bet. I go to work and school and i cant handle all this research that leads nowhere but confusion. Can you please help me find the answers? Dont tell me im in over my head and waste my time and yours, please just help in any way you can.

Timeline

Don't you need to be 21 for IR1 visas?

There is no minimum age requirement to petition your spouse....However, you must be at least 18 years old to sign the affidavit of support.

2. She currently does not have a passport. She applied for one but they denied her because she still needs to go and attend a seminar. I'm trying to avoid sending her to Manila many times for different reasons as she lives in mindanao. Does she have to get her passport before the interview?

Yes, your wife needs to get her passport before the medical and the interview. In order to get a passport, she will need to complete the CFO seminar. The DFA requires those who want a passport, who are married to foreigners, and who are using the foreigner's name as their married name, to submit a CFO certificate of completion along with the other requirements.

She can complete the CFO seminar in Cebu or in Manila.

3.I heard the medical exam takes 3 days sometimes, so i have to put her up in a hotel for a week so she can attend this seminar and doctor's appointment?

Your wife will not be attending the CFO seminar and completing her medical at St. Lukes during the same trip to Manila. She won't be able to complete the medical until she has her passport, and she won't have her passport until she completes the CFO seminar.

Usually the medical exam takes two days. Some people get it done in one day. However, if your fiancé's x-ray shows anything suspicious, she will be required to undergo a three-day sputum collection so that St. Lukes can perform TB smear tests and a TB culture. That may necessitate her staying in Manila another week or so because the sputum collection is usually scheduled some days after the medical.

4. I know there is a fee for the examination. Is it a flat rate? What if she does need vaccinations? Is that extra? If the baby is born by then, will it too need an examination and vaccinations?

Yes, the St. Lukes medical exam is a flat rate. Those who are 15 years old or older pay $223. Those who are under 15 years old pay $185. Vaccinations are included in the fee. However, there are additional fees if she is required to undergo a psychological evaluation or a psychological exam.

I don't know whether the baby would have to undergo the medical exam and the vaccinations, but I would think so.

5. My grandpa said he will be a joint sponsor for me. Does he have to make enough money to support himself, his wife, one of his kids, as well as my wife?

Yes, your grandpa has to have enough income to support his household and to support your wife too. Click here if you want to see the chart the government uses to calculate the income needed.

5. My grandpa who said he would be a joint sponsor lives in texas, i live in michigan, is he still allowed to joint sponsor with me?

Yes.

9. When she takes her medical exam before her interview, what must she do if she is still pregnant? What must she do if she has had the kid already?

If she's pregnant during the medical, St. Lukes won't have do a pregnancy test. When they give her a chest x-ray, they will use a lead apron to shield the child from the x-rays. Also, she won't be given any vaccinations except for the flu shot if it's flu season.

11. Does a joint sponsor need to be witnessed by a notary public that it was indeed them who signed and completed all the forms and documentaion in the I-864 joint support packet?

No.

12. On my grandpas I-864 form, when it asks the number of family members in his household, does he put his household only, his household + my household, or my household?

I'm not sure about it, but I believe he counts himself, your wife, anyone he declared on his tax return, and any of his unmarried children under 21 years old.

14. What vaccinations are needed to enter the U.S. from the Philippines? If she's pregnant still when she goes to get any vaccinations that she doesn't already have, what will they do? Will they make her wait to come to America until after the baby's born and a Birth abroad form is completed?

Most people get a varicella shot, a TDap shot, and an MMR shot. If it's flu season, they will get a flu shot too. If she's pregnant, they will only give her a flu shot. She will still get her visa and be allowed to go to the U.S. She can simply get the needed shots in the U.S.

18.My wife doesn't have her passport yet. She has everything ready but she must attend a seminar in manila before they will give her one. Will this be a problem at the interview?

No problem. She needs to complete the seminar and get the passport as soon as she can because she will need it for her medical.

19.Will her being pregnant be a problem at the interview?

Not unless she pops during her interview! :o

20.I heard they are super picky at the interview, im not understanding how they can deny her if she is married to me and we have a kid on the way? What can they possibly hold her on?

Where did you hear that they are super picky at a spousal visa interview? I think it's quite the opposite if you follow the simple directions in preparing for the interview.

21.Where will this interview be taking place? Can it take place in southern Mindanao at some governmental office or do i have to fly her to Manila again!?

All interviews take place at the U.S. Embassy Manila, which is located in...drum roll...Manila!!!

She doesn't have to fly. It's less expensive to go by ship.

23.If the baby is born before the interview, are the going to deny her and wonder why they were not told about it?

Nope.

25.Can she get the baby's passport from where she lives in the Philippines or does she have to go all the way back to Manila?

I'm guessing that she can do that locally, but some places in the Philippines seem to be much slower than others when it comes to getting a passport. Hopefully, some of our wonderful Filipinas on this board will chime in.

27.Do i need to be present during the interview? Because i live in michigan.

Only if you want to increase your chances of success.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

regan seriously how many threads are you going to post? you posted several yesterday and had all of your questions answered. If you still can't figure it out you should hire a lawyer. No one here can answer anything else and we can't do the research for you.

Timeline

You have already been given all the government websites you need. They do not conflict eachother. I learned everything i need to know from those sites before I ever found visa journey.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

The guide for the CR-1 visa posted at the top of this site under guides takes you step by step through the process and tells you everything you need. You wife HAS to have a passport when she goes for her interview otherwise there is nothing to put the visa in. She has to have the medical prior to being issued the visa, this is a legal requirement, she must have the interview, you must make above the poverty guidelines or have a co-sponsor (accepted in Manila for married applicants but not usually fiances).

Please begin by reading the guide on this site which contains links to the forms you need. When you have a specific question someone will be happy to help you but no one will do the process for you without pay (unless you are very lucky). If you are still not sure what to do after reading the guide, hire an attorney to complete the process for you.

Timeline

Also you stated in a previous thread that you were able to file the I-130 petition for your wife with no help from anybody else. If you can do that without receiving an RFE then you can keep going through the NVC process. If you get stuck on something then ask us. Take 1 step at a time. You are in the NVC process now....worry about that only. Don't worry about the next step yet. You can take as much time as you need, your petition will never expire.

~Thomas & Cleofe~

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Young man, You should slow down, take a deep breath and prepare for some work. The people on this site are helpful and knowledgable. Most if not all of the answers your looking for are easily found on this site with links to the government sites associated with those requirements. Just because you are not getting the answers you want to hear doesnt mean people are against you. People do want to help but are not going to do the work for you.

This is at a minimum 8-9 month process, really no way of getting around it. Start spending as much time as you can researching and reading the guides etc. on the wonderful site.

USEM does not accept co-sponsors. This means you and you alone will have to meets the minimum requirements.

Good luck to you and yours,

Kelly

01/07/2012 Mailed I-129F to Dallas Lock Box

01/10/2012 Accepted, Sent to CSC for Processing

01/12/2012 Touched

01/14/2012 NOA1 Hard Copy Recieved

http://www.facebook....&type=3

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/How_to_bring_your_foreign_spouse_to_live_in_the_US

have you called NVC to see if they received your case from USCIS?

12/16/2011 - Arrived In Philippines
12/23/2011 - Married In Philippines
01/05/2012 - Returned to HAWAII
USCIS
02/02/2012 - I-130 Sent (USPS)
02/05/2011 - Package arrived at chicago lockbox
02/06/2012 - NOA1
02/09/2012 - Received NOA1 797c form via usps
05/31/2012 - I-130 Approved (checked status online)
06/04/2012 - Received NOA2 hardcopy via usps

NVC
06/25/2012 - NVC received from USCIS
06/27/2012 - Received Case# & IID via phone
06/27/2012 - Emailed DS-3032 to NVC/automated response received

07/06/2012 - NVC rejected DS-3032 email, Called NVC (because my case has not yet been stored in their system)
07/08/2012 - Re-Emailed DS-3032 to NVC/automated response received (composed new E-mail)

07/09/2012 - Paid AOS bill online ($88)
07/11/2012 - AOS bill shows PAID
07/12/2012 - AOS package sent express mail via USPS
07/16/2012 - AOS package shows "DELIVERED" via USPS
07/20/2012 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) email accepted
07/20/2012 - AOS Package Accepted
07/23/2012 - IV bill invoiced
07/23/2012 - Paid IV bill online ($230)
07/25/2012 - IV bill shows PAID
07/25/2012 - IV package sent via UPS
07/27/2012 - IV package shows "DELIVERED" via UPS
08/01/2012 - IV Package Accepted
08/01/2012 - Case complete

US Embassy Manila

08/13/2012 - Med Day1 (Physical, Xray, blood test)
08/14/2012 - Med Day2 (Sputum required due to xray results) 6months treatment =(
05/14/2013 - Interview (approved!!)

06/17/2013 - VISA status "ISSUED"

06/21/2013 - VISA Delivered!!

06/29/2013 - ARRIVED IN HAWAII !!

06/16/2015 - FILED I-751 (USCIS RECEIVED ON 06/19/2015, But sent papers back to me for missing info on application papers. Re-sent on 06/23/2015)

07/02/2015 - Received I-797 Letter (Notice Of Action)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.