Regan L

Ive tried this post b4 but people just cut me down and were unhelpful:(

63 posts in this topic

1. Will me not putting down that she is currently pregnant pose a problem at a later date? I don't know.

2. She currently does not have a passport, she applied for one but they denyed her because she still needs to go and attend a seminar. IM trying to avoid sending her to Manila many times for diffrent reasons as she lives in mindano. Does she have to get her passport b4 the interview? Yes, she needs her passport for her interview. She even needs it at the NVC stage. One of the requirements for the Immigrant Visa package is a photocopy of a valid passport. She can attend the CFO seminar in Cebu. The location for the seminar is 3rd Floor, Aya-ay Arcade. This is right in front of University of San Carlos - North Campus.

3.I herd the medical exam takes 3 days sometimes, so i have to put her up in a hotel for a week so she can attend this seminar and doctors apointment? It takes 2 days for most people, but for some who came in VERY early, it can take only a day. Three days, I've heard, is usual for those undergoing the tuberculin skin test, which is for applicants aged 2-15. If she attends the seminar in Cebu, she will have to make a separate trip to Manila for her medicals. But she can have her medicals done at a date closer to her interview date, say, a week before her interview. If this is the case, she will have to stay in Manila for approximately a week.

4. I know there is a fee for the examination, is it a flat rate? What if she does need vaccinations, is that extra? If the baby is born by then, will it too need an examination and vaccinations? Yes, the $223 fee (paid in PHP at SLEC) covers the needed vaccinations.

5. My grandpa said he will be a joint sponsor for me. Does he have to make enough money to support himself, his wife, one of his kids, as well as my wife? You grandpa will have to make (more than) enough for his own household size, plus the intending immigrant, who is your wife.

5. My grandpa who said he would be a joint sponsor lives in texas, i live in michigan, is he still allowed to joint sponsor with me? Yes, that's no problem. Anyone can be a joint sponsor, as long as he/she is a US citizen or a green card holder.

6. What forms is my grandpa, as a joint sponsor, required to fill out and submit along with his I-864 form? Just that, and he has to submit all the supporting documents like the latest tax transcripts/tax returns + W2 + schedules. An employment letter and recent paystubs are optional. He also needs to submit proof of citizenship, like a copy his birth certificate or US passport, or proof of LPR status, like his green card.

7. Does he file his Affidavit support packet stapled to the back of mine after he completes all the information and sends it too me in michigan, or does he file it from texas, were he lives, and just include a not that pertains to my case? I don't suggest stapling documents, because NVC will probably disarrange them anyway. You can submit his AOS papers along with yours, or he can send it in separately if he doesn't want you to see his financial documents. I don't know how the latter works, but I've read it's been done before.

8. Will the baby, if it is born in the philippeans before she can have her interview will it beconsidered another family member, and force me to start the affidavit of support process all over again??? Yes, once the baby is born, he/she will add to the household size. I think you can have your wife submit a new AOS (from you, with an original signature) at her interview.

9. When she takes her medical exam before her interview, what must she do if she is still pregnant? What must she do if she has had the kid already? She just tells the doctors that she is pregnant. They will take precautions during the x-ray, and also not give her vaccinations which are contraindicated during pregnancy. If she has given birth already, no special procedures are needed, except she can't go for her medicals if she has her menstrual period.

10. If the child has been born before her interview will they still let her come to america as without any trouble as long as i file a birth abroad form? Yes, she can go to America if she has her visa. Her having a baby is not supposed to affect the outcome of the interview.

11. Does a joint sponsor need to be witnessed by a notary of public that it was indeed them who signed and completed all the forms and documentaion in the I-864 joint support packet? No, the joint sponsor's signature is sufficient.

12. On my grandpas I-864 form, when it asks the number of family members in his household, does he put his household only, his household + my household, or my household? HIS household.

13. Should i make note of the unborn babies presence in the situation on my Affidavit of support packet? Must i provide proof that i told my joint petitioner(my grandpa) about the baby? I don't know, but you can make a note of it that you are aware of the pregnancy.

14. What vaccinations are needed to enter the U.S. form the Philippines? If shes pregnant still when she goes to get any vaccinations that she dosent already have, what will they do? Will they make her wait to come to America untill after the babies born and a Birth abroad form is completed? The doctors will make a note of what vaccines she skipped due to her pregnancy. No, she can come to the US as soon as she has her visa. But she can also wait until the baby's CRBA process is completed so they can leave for the US together. I'm not sure how long the CRBA process takes, but her visa would be valid for 6 months after the medicals/interview.

15. What papers should my spouse prepare if the affidavit of support process is approved, also, what papers should i get ready? Papers for the Immigrant Visa package - DS-230 form part 1 signed part 2 unsigned, original and photocopy of NSO birth certificate, original and photocopy of NSO marriage certificate, original and photocopy of NBI clearance, photocopy of passport biographic information page, 2 pcs US-sized passport photos.

16.Now that i got my NOA2 and my I-130 has been approved, where has my petition gone, is it being shpped to Manila? Or does it stop by the NVC in the U.S.? To NVC for more processing.

17.I herd they are now going to be sending me a packet, how long will it take to get that and what is in it? Depends on what part of the process you're already in. Probably your case number if you've just started.

18.My wife dosent have her passport yet, she has everythign ready but she must attend a seminar in manila b4 they will give her one, will this be a problem at the interview? She can't get through NVC without a valid passport. Hence, she can't even get an interview date.

19.Will her being pregnant be a problem at the interview? I don't know. I don't think so, if the officers know you are aware of the pregnancy.

20.I herd they are super picky at the interview, im not understanding how they can deny her if she is married to me and we have a kid on the way? What can they possibly hold her on? Lots of reasons - insufficient proof of financial support for her not to become a public charge, them not believing it's a bona fide relationship. Just have her bring all the needed documents and more.

21.Where will this interview be takign place? Can it take place in southern mindinow at some governmental office or do i have to fly her to Manila again!? Fly her to Manila. Interviews take place only in the US Embassy in Manila.

22.If the baby is born just after her interview do i have to start a petition I-130 and wait again? If she is eligible for US citizenship through you, all you have to do is the CRBA and apply for a US passport for her. She doesn't need a petition if she has claims to US citizenship.

23.If the baby born b4 the interview, are the going to deny her and wonder why they were not told about it? I don't know. It's the CO's call.

24.What do i need to do to get my child legally over here to the U.S.? All i need is a birth abroad form and a passport right, it dosent need a visa. Does the baby need to go to manila for any reason. Answered in previous question.

25.Can she get the babies passport from where she lives in the Philippines or does she have to go all the way back to manila? I don't know how the CRBA process goes, but I THINK the baby doesn't have to go to Manila for that.

26.Does the baby need to get vaccinations b4 it is allowed to fly? If she has a US passport, all he/she needs is that and a ticket (and a parent/guardian carrying her, of course)

27.Do i need to be present during the interview? Because i live in michigan. No, not necessary for the petitioner to be present at the interview.

USCIS

10/01/11 - Filed (2) I-130's

10/04/11 - NOA-1

04/05/12 - NOA-2

Your I-130 was approved in 184 days from your NOA1 date.

NVC

04/23/12 - NVC received both cases (18 days/12 business days from NOA-2)

05/07/12 - Case numbers and IIN's (14 days/10 business days since NVC received)

05/07/12 - Sent out DS-3032 by email; auto-response received

05/08/12 - AOS fee invoiced, paid - "IN PROCESS"

05/09/12 - AOS fee shows as "PAID"

05/10/12 - Spouse's DS-3032 accepted; minor child's rejected = had petitioner call NVC = received verbal acceptance from operator

05/11/12 - Spouse's IV fee invoiced

05/14/12 - Daughter's IV fee invoiced, paid both IV fees - "IN PROCESS"

05/15/12 - Both IV fees show as "PAID"

05/16/12 - Sent both AOS and both IV packages to NVC via USPS (expected delivery: 05/19/12)

05/21/12 - All 4 packages delivered

05/30/12 - Received checklist for daughter's AOS

05/31/12 - Sent response to checklist via USPS (expected delivery: 06/01/12); Spouse's case completed

06/07/12 - Daughter's case completed; waiting for interview date

06/14/12 - P4 received: interview date 07/11/12

Embassy

07/04-05/12 - Medical at SLEC

07/11/12 - Interview: APPROVED!

07/14/12 - Visas on hand

POE: 10/17/12

GC's on hand: 10/31/12

:yes: :yes: :yes: super agree @Tahoma :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Thanks, hcdt. :)

reginakrys posted great information.

reginakrys...a BIG +1... :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.