R and F

June 2012

225 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Anis does a lot of cooking and he likes butter and olive oil, which has been my progressive downfall over the last two years. I would like to drop 5 sizes total. For right now, it's all about getting back into shape and doing cardio daily or as close to daily as possible.

Yeah. getting the habit back /developing it is the worst. I was doing great until Ammar came here and kept feeding me rice and whatnot. Then I gained a ton of weight. Then he was like "you've gained a ton of weight." :angry: So then I decided it was ridiculous, and slowly started losing weight by just not eating so much. Now he's gone for the summer and although this past year I did work out some, I didn't do it regularly... I'm trying to develop the habit now so when he comes back I can work it into our lives. Plus, I have this awesome kick/punch/krav maga dvd which makes me look badass (in my own mind), and I want to make sure I am good at it and don't look uncoordinated and craptastic so i don't feel embarrassed to do it in front of him.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

I remember wearing them with babydoll dresses and a cardigan, lol. They were always comfortable though, if a bit heavy. Those, my DM boots and these German clogs i had were my favorite shoes of the late 90s. I don't even have to get all nostalgic though, because the 90s never really ended here.

I wish I could watch Burn Notice when I work out on my bike tonight :-/

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Timeline

I remember wearing them with babydoll dresses and a cardigan, lol. They were always comfortable though, if a bit heavy. Those, my DM boots and these German clogs i had were my favorite shoes of the late 90s. I don't even have to get all nostalgic though, because the 90s never really ended here.

I wish I could watch Burn Notice when I work out on my bike tonight :-/

Oh noes... can you rig something up to see it?

I remember thinking they gave me awesome legs LOL. Actually, I think that was just being a teenager. Those were the only shorts I ever wore. Other than that, i wore jeans. Jeans and a white V neck were pretty standard... and often a cardigan or sweater. I had these wood-soled guess clogs I liked, but I really liked these sling-backed cork soled heels I had with these skirts and opaque tights. I had two modes of dress-- grunge and grunge chick dresses up. :P I always admired the carefree dress of the hippies from our youth, like the stereotypical art teacher... I could never pull it off though. i always just looked like a grunge chick in a broomstick skirt.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I had pancakes. I know that's terrible. I haven't had any in like 2 months, and I was finishing the bready stuff to get rid of it. I just can't have that stuff laying around. it's tempting. Today I've had melon, pancakes (no syrup, light butter, whole grain), and cottage cheese. Yesterday i had a vegetable stir fry and beets.

I like the way I keep hitting enter, like this is Fb and it should post.

Thumbs up for Julianna's last comment! :thumbs: I LOL that I almost coughed up my milk & chips ahoy!

Edited by ~PalmTreeGurl~
10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm 5'5" or 5'6" I've always been overweight but super healthy. When I was in Europe I got down to 160 and a size 12. That is my ideal size and weight I have come to understand. Now I am a size 20, which is totally unacceptable to me. So, I have been doing about 30-35 min cardio every day and am reducing my intake of carbs. My pants are getting loose on me, which is always the first sign that I'm heading in the right direction. When I plan dinner, which is the meal we always eat together, I look at my plate like 4 quarters. At least one half of my plate needs to be raw veggies (salad) and only one quarter can be carbs and the other quarter should be protein. This has been really helpful for meal planning.

Working in Turkmenistan, spouse is with me. 

Dealing with the NVC process...

Check out Timeline for questions :D

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Sarah, my husband always cooks with butter, too. I can't blame him for my weight situation but he doesn't help either. When he worked out of state a few years back I was able to lose 30lbs easily. He came back and I gained 20 back within 8 months. :( I got pregnant a few months after the weight gain and gained 40 more. O.o. I lost 25 of the 40 so now I'm trying to lose the initial 20 plus the 15lbs of baby weight. So hard! The belly fat is the worst part. Makes me so sad. I've been wearing a pedometer lately which has helped motivate me to walk more.

"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Ugh! Why'd we have to get on the weight? I gained almost 30lbs since husband got here! Lost ten on ww so far but haven't been going to meetings recently and haven't lost more. Haven't gained but haven't lost either. I think it's harder with someone else in the house stuffing their face with ice cream every night & not gaining a pound!!!

Btw - about the poof I'm gone thread - I think the definition of wanting someone to take care of you is wanting your in laws to give you $ to start your life & when they don't - whining & complaining publicly that they give money to someone else & not you. There. Wanted to get that off my chest. The OP responded to me that she wasn't expecting anyone to take care of her. By the time I had time to respond thread was gone.

ETA. - if anyone is looking for an efficient exercise DVD to do, I highly recommend Jillian Michels 30 Day Shred. It's crazy hard to do in he beginning but it's only 20 minutes a day & it is really effective for cardio and strength. And 20 minutes of working out and you feel like you did at least 45.

Jillian Michaels...her vids are HARD. I have the 30 Day Shred, Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, and No More Trouble Zones. I did 30 Day Shred at the lowest level a few times. I can't even recall if I attempted these other two dvds. I need to invest in a new exercise mat then perhaps I'll make use.

I went for a brisk one hour walk as soon I woke up today. Baby steps.

JM DVDs I agree - very hard but esp the 30 day shred where you do 20 min and feels like you worked out for at least 45 min is totally worth it, to me. When I first got it I did it every day for a week. One of my co-workers had been on vacation that week. When she came back she looked at me & said What happened to you? Because it made a difference in just a week. Hard but worth it!

I've done the Firm videos too but find them corny.

I have all three dvds right in front of me I dug them out when you first mentioned them because I couldn't recall the titles of the other two. The 20 minute workouts are the longest 20 minutes ever. I remember thinking that. Now I sit here frightfully looking at the stack. Your last post has me thinking I really should just do it.

Timeline

I have the 30 day shred.. I had this class I was taking last summer that was basically the 30 day shred but for an hour-- like all 3 put together. That was a hard class, three days a week. Maybe I should break that out and do 20 minutes a day here and there on top of the other things. I really want to drop by August...

Btw - about the poof I'm gone thread - I think the definition of wanting someone to take care of you is wanting your in laws to give you $ to start your life & when they don't - whining & complaining publicly that they give money to someone else & not you. There. Wanted to get that off my chest. The OP responded to me that she wasn't expecting anyone to take care of her. By the time I had time to respond thread was gone.

Thank you. I'm glad somebody said it.

Then to say she got married to fill the loneliness void, and scream when someone uses the exact same words she used. Really?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

walking!!! Love it.

Ladies, I found I miss my treadmill and because of all this posting on exercise I think i will buy another. It has been a while...anyone have good ideas of what kind to get? Or has anyone used the manual ones??

I found while walking on my previous one...reading the garbage tabloids killed the time and never noticed I brisked walked for over an hour!! :thumbs:

event.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.