R and F

June 2012

225 posts in this topic

-Self-admitted lurker for YEARS- will join the monthly thread now....

I guess I'll volunteer some information...hubby from Turkey while not technically "MENA" but Eurasia is right smack dab in between the Middle East and North Africa LOL and my hubby is Muslim and so I think i qualify? It's just in the past people were just so mean and nasty to each other here, I was reluctant to post.

My hubby is 30 and I am 37, second marriage for me and 1st for him. I ahve 3 teens from first marriage and we now both ahve triplet boys 9 mos old together. He might go for citizenship this year, but anyhow he does have his 10 yr greencard, so it isn't any rush. Things aren't always easy as with any new marriage, esp with multiples, but it is calming down finally as far as adjustment to culture, a bucnh of babies and blending a family...it really sucks with ym lack of sleep that I can't seem to type without a thousand typos anymore and so as I get to know you all, i probably wont be correcting them.. My only free time nowadays is the internet...FB and VJ are my faves.

Right now, I have one absconder still awake and infringing on my "me" time and I stay up VERY late and get little sleep so I can read or just relax,but often a baby or two or three wakes up lol It'sbeen very difficult, but so worth it of course. I have been home for about a year now and it will be tiem to go back to work as an RN in the fall and I realy dont want to. Hubby is just now continuing English courses to improve on that so he can get a higher degree.....

Anyway gotta run, nice to be here!

389672_3802055654913_1108709116_n.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Today I started going to the gym! I am sore but happy, it's time to lose some weight. Still waiting for ROC but am not expecting it until September sigh...

How much are you trying to lose?

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Timeline

^_^ Just dropping in to say hello. I hope everyone is doing well.

Where's your hot pics? 25 days until the return of Covert Affairs and Oded Fehrrrrrr!

Burn Notice is back on now though, and I watched that thing 3 times today-- once where I actually sat and watched it, then 2 more times while i had the sound turned down on my work out. I thought hey, since it makes my adrenaline go, I may as well use that. 45 minutes of cardio, 20 minutes of abs, and 45 minutes of weights!

Timeline

-Self-admitted lurker for YEARS- will join the monthly thread now....

I guess I'll volunteer some information...hubby from Turkey while not technically "MENA" but Eurasia is right smack dab in between the Middle East and North Africa LOL and my hubby is Muslim and so I think i qualify? It's just in the past people were just so mean and nasty to each other here, I was reluctant to post.

My hubby is 30 and I am 37, second marriage for me and 1st for him. I ahve 3 teens from first marriage and we now both ahve triplet boys 9 mos old together. He might go for citizenship this year, but anyhow he does have his 10 yr greencard, so it isn't any rush. Things aren't always easy as with any new marriage, esp with multiples, but it is calming down finally as far as adjustment to culture, a bucnh of babies and blending a family...it really sucks with ym lack of sleep that I can't seem to type without a thousand typos anymore and so as I get to know you all, i probably wont be correcting them.. My only free time nowadays is the internet...FB and VJ are my faves.

Right now, I have one absconder still awake and infringing on my "me" time and I stay up VERY late and get little sleep so I can read or just relax,but often a baby or two or three wakes up lol It'sbeen very difficult, but so worth it of course. I have been home for about a year now and it will be tiem to go back to work as an RN in the fall and I realy dont want to. Hubby is just now continuing English courses to improve on that so he can get a higher degree.....

Anyway gotta run, nice to be here!

That is a lot of infants all at once. I cannot even imagine. So much work!

It's totally not mean in here though. Not even close to mean :)

Filed: Other Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Just figured Id say hello!! I am a lurker, old timer lol. I stopped posting here because George and I divorced -I filed in July 2010 and it was final in Jan 2011. He is still living in Saudi Arabia working. So far I have taken our son (Josh born in 08) to Lebanon peacefully without incident twice. We will be planning for our yearly trips around Easter time.

George likely will never get a visa to America and that makes me sad because we do have our son that I would love to know his dad. He is still holding out that eventually he can get a visa to go to Canada, which would be great so that way we are closer and can spend time with him.

Me --well Ive been in a serious relationship with a woman since May of 2008. We have been living together since Aug 2010. She is great and has even went with me on both my trips to Lebanon and her and George get along great, which is awesome. Makes for very peaceful trips lol.

I miss posting on here, I used to be here every single day ---even knowing my husband would never obtain a visa to America. I loved the life expireneces I had living with George overseas, but there was a lot of negative that came with it and I just didnt want my life to be there anymore, New York with my kiddos is where I belong.

Hope you are all doing well!! I have a few of the 'oldies' on my facebook page so I havent lost touch with everyone!

June 11 05-Married George, civil ceremony in New York

May 30 08-Baby Joshua was born

Jan 15-Back to NY we go...

May 10-made decision not to go back overseas.

July 10-filed for divorce

Jan 11-Divorce final

July 11-1st trip to take Josh to see George

Mar 12-2nd trip to take Josh to see George

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

How much are you trying to lose?

50 pounds give or take. I'll be happy with 40 :)

Working in Turkmenistan, spouse is with me. 

Dealing with the NVC process...

Check out Timeline for questions :D

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

That's cool. Do you have a time frame you're hoping to lose in? I want to drop 12 lbs by August.

Honestly I go by clothing sizes more than pounds. Ideally, I'd like to drop 2 sizes by the end of summer and then 2 to 3 more sizes by the end of the year. I have more time to workout during the summer and less time once I am working and going to school at the same time. Good Luck with 12 pounds by August. If I could be a size 16 by my birthday (Sept.) I'd be thrilled :D

Working in Turkmenistan, spouse is with me. 

Dealing with the NVC process...

Check out Timeline for questions :D

Timeline

Honestly I go by clothing sizes more than pounds. Ideally, I'd like to drop 2 sizes by the end of summer and then 2 to 3 more sizes by the end of the year. I have more time to workout during the summer and less time once I am working and going to school at the same time. Good Luck with 12 pounds by August. If I could be a size 16 by my birthday (Sept.) I'd be thrilled :D

i do too, actually. I am also hoping for a 2 size drop.. or at least one size (size being 2 number increments... 6 to 4/6 to 2). I'm doing good so far. I'm gaining muscle at the moment, so kind of just hanging out weight wise, although I've dropped size. Without Ammar here to tempt me with cake and such, this shouldn't be too hard to accomplish-- assuming I don't sabotage myself and actually get off my butt.

Julianna and Sarah, how tall are y'all? I'm trying to lose this weight I put on since last summer. Like Sarah, I haven't stepped on a scale but my "loose" jeans are now snug on me and that's when I know it is time to do something to get back down into the skinny jeans.

I said I'd weigh myself tomorrow but I think I'll start working out this evening and weigh myself when these jeans don't feel as tight on me.

Anyway, an estimate for now: 12 pounds by Aug, too. I'm 5'2". I joined myfitnesspal in march but have been pretty flakey using it.

Let's motivate each other. Man, I need some motivation. Today my daughter told me: yeah your butt IS big. Lol! I mean: oh :( *sniff*

Timeline

Julianna and Sarah, how tall are y'all? I'm trying to lose this weight I put on since last summer. Like Sarah, I haven't stepped on a scale but my "loose" jeans are now snug on me and that's when I know it is time to do something to get back down into the skinny jeans.

I said I'd weigh myself tomorrow but I think I'll start working out this evening and weigh myself when these jeans don't feel as tight on me.

Anyway, an estimate for now: 12 pounds by Aug, too. I'm 5'2". I joined myfitnesspal in march but have been pretty flakey using it.

Let's motivate each other. Man, I need some motivation. Today my daughter told me: yeah your butt IS big. Lol! I mean: oh :( *sniff*

I'm 5'4". So I'm not that different than you :)

I am terrible with fitness things like myfitnesspal. I do better just talking to people.

Timeline

I use to be 5'3" but the last two years I measured 5'2" at my annual exams. Looks like I'm striking in height.

You're not old enough yet to be shrinking. You were probably always 5'2"+something and maybe measured earlier in the day. You're taller earlier in the day than later. Also, not all the measuring instruments are equal :) I'm 5'3+3/4", not quite 5'4"-- but everyone just rounds up.

Girl, that's Nicole L. from the pussycat dolls. I look like that in my dreams. Haha!

Just got done playing tennis. I really don't like it but Mitchell (son) enjoys it and since I wanted to get a workout tonight. I'm pretty tired from it.

Man, now I want to eat the leftovers from lunch today. We went to a Cajun place with a menu similar to pappadeaux. So good. But I'm not hungry so I will resist. I sincerely want to get back to my normal size again.

What's everybody else having for dinner?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.