R and F

June 2012

225 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Just figured Id say hello!! I am a lurker, old timer lol. I stopped posting here because George and I divorced -I filed in July 2010 and it was final in Jan 2011. He is still living in Saudi Arabia working. So far I have taken our son (Josh born in 08) to Lebanon peacefully without incident twice. We will be planning for our yearly trips around Easter time.

George likely will never get a visa to America and that makes me sad because we do have our son that I would love to know his dad. He is still holding out that eventually he can get a visa to go to Canada, which would be great so that way we are closer and can spend time with him.

Me --well Ive been in a serious relationship with a woman since May of 2008. We have been living together since Aug 2010. She is great and has even went with me on both my trips to Lebanon and her and George get along great, which is awesome. Makes for very peaceful trips lol.

I miss posting on here, I used to be here every single day ---even knowing my husband would never obtain a visa to America. I loved the life expireneces I had living with George overseas, but there was a lot of negative that came with it and I just didnt want my life to be there anymore, New York with my kiddos is where I belong.

Hope you are all doing well!! I have a few of the 'oldies' on my facebook page so I havent lost touch with everyone!

Hi Jess... I remember you, and your struggle with immigration over George's case. I remember when you went to live in Lebanon, and then Saudi. Seems like your life has gone through even more big changes since those days. Is your elder son living with you now ?

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Hi Jess... I remember you, and your struggle with immigration over George's case. I remember when you went to live in Lebanon, and then Saudi. Seems like your life has gone through even more big changes since those days. Is your elder son living with you now ?

Oh I just remembered something.... wasn't George's first wife also a lesbian ? If I recall correctly, you posted something about that and how it ended up in allegations of immigration fraud, and ultimately led to his deportation.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I tripped over the damn dog crying.gif

Yup my fibula...3rd time breaking the same ankle headbonk.gif and thank youkicking.gif

:unsure:How's the dog?

I am trying to swim everyday for an hour. Now that the pool is holding steady at 86* I am ok with swimming without the sun directly on it - so I do it after dinner now.

\

86....wow you have solar?

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I love swimming but me in a bathing suit is not good for the moment :(

Working in Turkmenistan, spouse is with me. 

Dealing with the NVC process...

Check out Timeline for questions :D

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I love swimming but me in a bathing suit is not good for the moment :(

GF

I have my own pool so I do understand what you are saying...but dont miss out on life because of some others stereotype of what is beautiful!!!

You gotta start somewhere and if your husband loves you then who cares? :star:

event.png

event.png

Good morning! Yesterday was not a good skinny day. My workout was measely - I walked on the treadmill while watching Bones. lol. Not a REAL workout. I had seconds at diiner AND ate dessert. Just greedy. But today is a new day.

GF

I have my own pool so I do understand what you are saying...but dont miss out on life because of some others stereotype of what is beautiful!!!

You gotta start somewhere and if your husband loves you then who cares? :star:

Agreed! Nobody judges you as harshly as you judge yourself. Enjoy life!

Anyone have any experience with your spouse re: MENA prejudice?

We had an odd experience last night with a health care provider.

They did all this work on me, and then spent about 5 minutes with my husband. He felt brushed off/disregarded and was wondering if it was prejudice/racism, etc. It's always disappointing, but more so in this case because it was a health care provider we had been happy with previously.

I'd guess it was a gender bias before I would think anything else. You should write a letter to the medical office so whatever the case, the staff is aware of their poor bedside manners

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Today I;m going to do a 7 mile hike with my friend. I am going to try to do weights and abs too.

Anyone have any experience with your spouse re: MENA prejudice?

We had an odd experience last night with a health care provider.

They did all this work on me, and then spent about 5 minutes with my husband. He felt brushed off/disregarded and was wondering if it was prejudice/racism, etc. It's always disappointing, but more so in this case because it was a health care provider we had been happy with previously.

it's only happened overtly once. Other times it was so much prejudice against him but instead favoritism for someone else.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.