R and F

June 2012

225 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

You guys did good not to be victims ..Make sure they dont know it had anything to do with you reporting or calling...I would hate to hear of any revenge on good people just trying to live nicely in there own neighborhood!!

event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hey Rosie... HAPPY BIRTHDAY... Hope your enjoying your time. luv.gif

thanks so much Amber, love you lots :thumbs:

Yes Happy Birthday Rosie!!! Hope you are having a wonderful day!!!

Hey Tamara thanks so much for the birthday wishes. You are the best. :dance:

Oct 28,2006 Met online in Yahoo messenger
Dec 2,2007 Traveled to Morocco and decided to stay
Jan 7,2008 Got married in Zaio
Mar 2,2008 Got my Moroccan residency
Oct 23,2008 Direct Consular filed at consulate
Oct 31,2008 Got interview call for Dec 22nd
Nov 11,2008 Medical exam done
Dec 22,2008 Interview and got approved
Dec 23,2008 Visa issued, thanks to God
Jan 20,2009 Flew home to Texas.
Jan 21,2009 Living and working in Los Fresnos, Texas
Oct 30,2010 Filed I-751 Lifting of Conditions
Nov 2, 2010 NOA1
Dec 10,2010 Biometrics
Mar 23,2011 Approved Lifting of Conditions
Oct 28,2011 Filed N-400 Naturalization
Nov 02,2011 NOA 1
Nov 28,2011 Recd text/email placed inline for interview schedule
Dec 01,2011 Recd text/email interview scheduled,pending letter
Jan 10,2012 Interview Date
Jan 10,2012 Interview Cancelled and will be rescheduled per
USCIS as Farid can only interview after Jan 20th
Feb 23,2012 Citizenship Interview Date-Farid passed. Wohoo
July 6,2012 Oath Ceremony-McAllen Texas

March 20,2013 Petitioned for Momma

March 9, 2015 Momma arrives in Texas to live with us.

January 30, 2016 Momma leaves back to Morocco for a visit.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Well, heres a little something from hubster & I. A week ago our neighbors son and his friends were over out in the street and front yard and next to our house til 1-3am. A few days ago Adam noticed his gas tank cap had been cut off & stolen out of his car plus we had beer cans & used condoms in our front yard after those kids left the neighbor guys house at 330. I was pissed when I heard his gas tank cap was cut out Adams car so I had him send me pictures to my phone from the gas tank, beer cans & condoms in our yard. After work I went to the police station to report all that & show them the pictures. Adam was pretty upset about it all. Since then they haven't been across the street... until tonight. Adam calls me and tells me to hurry up and get home bcz he called the cops out bcz there was a car parked next door in the vacant house to us. He said the cop came out and asked the guys in the car how old they were and they said 19 and the cop told them they were under arrest. By the time I got home at almost 12am there was 2 cop cars, and a tow truck blocking my driveway. I parked my car behind all that and went to say Hello to the cops lol ... Adam has been so excited to know all 3 guys got arrested and the car is being towed. He's like a kid in a candy store!!! loooool

good for you for not taking it lying down. I always think beer cans and used condoms show that neighborly love and respect as well long for!

Working in Turkmenistan, spouse is with me. 

Dealing with the NVC process...

Check out Timeline for questions :D

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I miss the daily threads. The monthly threads always seem to get lost in the shuffle. The daily threads seemed to get people talking more about what was going on in their lives. Why did we start with the monthly threads? Was it because the MENA forum became so dead?

"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I miss the daily threads. The monthly threads always seem to get lost in the shuffle. The daily threads seemed to get people talking more about what was going on in their lives. Why did we start with the monthly threads? Was it because the MENA forum became so dead?

Exactly the reason. It's not like it used to be at all.

There is still a lot of lurkers but as well all know they don't participate.

Blessed are the heart that can bend, they can never be broken - Albert Camus

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

Timeline

I do think some of the newer members are wanting to have a more active forum. It's too bad that there aren't more active members going through immigration at the same time like it used to be. It used to be really nice to chat and share ideas with those going through the same thing. I imagine it isn't as great having a small number going through immigration chatting with a larger number who are already living with their husbands and have been for some time now. While, personally, I can remember what that was like...I can no longer fully relate to the feelings the waiting members are going through anymore.

Timeline

Ok so to continue with the neighbor theme, let me share a story. Our house is against another row of houses that face the other way. Of course, our back yard is next to a pool that is shared by two duplexes on the other side of the fence. Over the years, we have had some really winning neighbors who didn't understand that it was not neighborly to jump in at three am or to throw your dog in the pool at 3 am . I have finally figured out the best way to scaring the shizz out of my neighbors and ensuring that they no longer throw themselves or others in the pool.

Last year during finals (of course) the neighbors were at it again. We had called the police X number of times, but it seemed that these people were determined to get evicted. So, this night I had finally had it. Anis was snoring and didn't hear it, but this to be my Waterloo. So I get out of bed, I get a flashlight, I get my bull horn. I walk into the back yard and try shouting over the crazy drunk people for 10 minutes to no avail.

So, I yell through the bullhorn "HI, once again you seem to think that screaming outside in the middle of the night is cool."

They respond "oh. sorry we will be quiet."

So I say "Nah I am here to join the party, let's make more noise to wake up more people who have this thing called work that they do in the morning. How does that sound?"

They say "OH no, we will be quiet. We didn't know what time it was."

Me "Oh I guess on your planet watches and clocks don't exist. Maybe you should get one. OH there's the police. Enjoy your ticket."

I hate inconsiderate neighbors.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Awww sorry everyone about your neighbor problems!

Mithra-- yeah, I think the forum sort of died out :( The daily thread was really one of the ways we got to know each other. I remember how much the waiting sucked, but really the horrendous feelings are gone and I remember logically it sucked, but I also feel now that I was totally over-reacting lol. Of course we had a positive end, so that obviously colors how I felt about the situation. But I do remember liking to interact with women who had their husbands here. It made me far more hopeful than those who were waiting just like me. It was like watching Biggest Loser... you see someone else has done it and you feel like OK, this is possible!

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Mithra-- yeah, I think the forum sort of died out :( The daily thread was really one of the ways we got to know each other. I remember how much the waiting sucked, but really the horrendous feelings are gone and I remember logically it sucked, but I also feel now that I was totally over-reacting lol. Of course we had a positive end, so that obviously colors how I felt about the situation. But I do remember liking to interact with women who had their husbands here. It made me far more hopeful than those who were waiting just like me. It was like watching Biggest Loser... you see someone else has done it and you feel like OK, this is possible!

Bwhahahahahha who is MENA's Biggest Loser ? :innocent:

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Timeline

Oh I know I totally overreacted during my wait. I can still totally understand why some do overreact, get defensive, have insecurities, etc. Even the ladies whose husbands are here but haven't been for that long and are still waiting for AOS. The same insecurity and overreacting can happen. It did help to interact with women whose husbands were here awhile but it helped me more to interact with women at the same part of the game as I was. Actually, when we joined there weren't a whole lot of women who had husbands here for a long while yet.

:lol: @ MENA's Biggest Loser.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Oh I know I totally overreacted during my wait. I can still totally understand why some do overreact, get defensive, have insecurities, etc. Even the ladies whose husbands are here but haven't been for that long and are still waiting for AOS. The same insecurity and overreacting can happen. It did help to interact with women whose husbands were here awhile but it helped me more to interact with women at the same part of the game as I was. Actually, when we joined there weren't a whole lot of women who had husbands here for a long while yet.

:lol: @ MENA's Biggest Loser.

That's true. It was only a few!

Bwhahahahahha who is MENA's Biggest Loser ? :innocent:

Oh wow, so many... lol...

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Being that we just found out he is officially scheduled for his naturalization interview we are now getting exciting and prepped for that moment. He should have all 100 questions nailed down for the 6-10 they ask about. I sure do need a vacation asap so Im ready for this new waiting period process to be over.

We just got back from trying out this middle eastern restaurant about 40 miles from our house... That may be a close running tie with the other "close ones" It was a small restaurant but the room was painted & designed really nice. Its owned by a Lebanese family.

Once Beths hubby gets his visa they will practically be our neighbors out in the country... I think she's only 15 miles or so from Adam & I. Anyways, thats whats up for us today. Time to chill with the hubster once again!

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Timeline

Today I started going to the gym! I am sore but happy, it's time to lose some weight. Still waiting for ROC but am not expecting it until September sigh...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.