R and F

June 2012

225 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I know we have talked about getting a camera system to monitor stuff outside. We live around cops, cows & chickens but yet we still have 2 neighbor houses that are known for theft and drugs.

The first thing that ever happened to us was minor bcz nothing was stolen just that someone had went through both of our vehicals looking for stuff and left both of them a mess with everything from the glovebox scattered in both cars. Thats when we put up the motion light at our front door.

Then the incident 2 weeks ago where the young men cut out Adams gas cap out of his car and threw a beer can in our yard & a couple of opened packets of condoms. Adam was pissed off. I did go to the police dept to report it and show them the pictures from my phone. Justice was done the other night when the kids were back and pulled their car next door to us in the vacant house and was drinking alcohol. Adam called the poice out and got to hear the cops ask them how old they were & tell them they were all under arrest. Still I think we need to get a monitor regardless for our own peace of mind.

Very sorry to hear of this happening to you & your hubby Kara! Glad to hear that ya'll reported it! And I do recommend ya'll get cameras set up!

Another thing I do remember was when Adam applied for the water company about 2yrs ago and he had an interview with the manager. The manager questioned him about his name being Ahmed & told him he would have to be called something else bcz that wouldnt work out here. When I heard about that I was ready to meet the manager myself! Adam never got a call back from the manager and he should be quite glad he didn't... I would have picked up on that phone call!

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Ahhh makes me remember again the situation from up in NY in 2010 with the guy that was attempting the car bomb. Adam had a co worker that made a comment to him that his cousins were trying to blow up NY.

And there was the day he went from 3 years of working over night to starting his first day of the 5am shifts. His first break in that shift was mostly older men & they were speaking about how indians and pakistanis work at gas stations & f'n arabs this and that. He responded back to them that he's an arab too & thats part of his family & he doesnt appreciate them talking like that.

I am more so proud of how Adam handles himself in those moments when people speak ignorantly to him or about him.

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hey ladies! So glad to see so many of you. I, too, an on the health and fitness train. I'm doing weight watchers and zumba, and the weight is coming off. I'm now down more than 20lbs since I began in April.

I wanted to day that one thing I learned in WW is to not look at it as of you had a bad day...look at it as a bad meal. Start right back up with the good eating for your next meal. Don't just pi$$ it all away over one meal. Good luck!

Hey ladies! So glad to see so many of you. I, too, an on the health and fitness train. I'm doing weight watchers and zumba, and the weight is coming off. I'm now down more than 20lbs since I began in April.

I wanted to day that one thing I learned in WW is to not look at it as of you had a bad day...look at it as a bad meal. Start right back up with the good eating for your next meal. Don't just pi$$ it all away over one meal. Good luck!

:thumbs:

I love zumba. Do you do a dvd or at the gym? If dvd, which one do you recommend?

I was thinking of getting wii to get the wii fit and the wii zumba, etc. Anyone have, and how do you like it?

Edited by msheesha

For ladies with pools, where/how did you learn about getting chemicals correct?

I'm going to search for "Pool Chemicals for Dummies" book! This is our first year with the pool. We had it opened by a "pool guy" and chemicals aren't quite right. Any books, websites, etc the ladies with pools recommend?

That's tempting, but I want to have some idea of what's happening with the pool and chemicals, etc. Do you use solar cover? Pros/cons in your experience of solar cover? Thanks!

Our solar thingy is on the roof and is fed through with water lines, but I have heard the plastic solar covers are a very inexpensive way to add 10* or so to the temp.

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

:thumbs:

I love zumba. Do you do a dvd or at the gym? If dvd, which one do you recommend?

I was thinking of getting wii to get the wii fit and the wii zumba, etc. Anyone have, and how do you like it?

I go to the gym for zumba 6 days a week. If they had a sunday class I'd probably go for that, too. Zumba Wii is great, too.

Thank you everyone for your comments and feedback. :)

Do the police have any hopes that they will be able to figure out who did it and arrest them?

I go to the gym for zumba 6 days a week. If they had a sunday class I'd probably go for that, too. Zumba Wii is great, too.

Thanks. Love Zumba. Glad to hear the Wii Zumba is great.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

A detective came out to talk with my husband this morning. Because of the nature of the vandalism they are investigating this further. They were going to go over and question the neighbor but conveniently as soon as the detective showed up they got in their car and drove off. He told my husband that most likely they won't be able to do anything because obviously no one is going to admit doing this but if anything else happens they will have a record of this incident. The detective said they will be watching our street more closely now.

Do the police have any hopes that they will be able to figure out who did it and arrest them?

Thanks. Love Zumba. Glad to hear the Wii Zumba is great.

"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

We made an appointment last week with our local office to see what is going on with AOS. We had previously put in a service request a few weeks ago with a response email saying they are over whelmed with work and will adjucate it as soon as we can. Back at the end of Oct is when we filed and our case was transfered to CSC at the end of Nov of last year. 8 months later we are still waiting. My hubby is beyond stressed. We we pretty much told we just have to wait it out. The agent the local office asked if we had the work permit and travel document. My husband said he does. I hubby is finally realizing that he can work with of his greencard but just needed to hear it from the horses mouth. lol ;) Even though we didn't really accomplish anything by going down there it seems to have help him relax and destress. :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.