R and F

June 2012

225 posts in this topic

I suggest you also possibly record this for us, you know, to show us how it's done. :P

YouTube, here I come. Julianna, you know me too, too well.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

YouTube, here I come. Julianna, you know me too, too well.

LOL! If I tried it, I am sure it would be even more spectacular :) Oh so today I went to the gym with a friend and I thought you would appreciate that while on the treadmill I tripped. I totally tripped and nearly smacked my face into the display. I tried to pass it off as just wanting a closer look, but somehow I have a feeling that it wasn't very believable lol.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Nice! My worst clumsy time today was when the big pocket of my scrub jacket got caught on the corner of a drawer, knocking down my keyboard, and totally startling my 2 yr old patient. :-/

Edited by sandinista!

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

Good morning! I did over an hour on the treadmill yesterday while watching Bones. Since I was watching tv I only burned 400 calories but it's better than sitting on my butt watching tv. I love tv too much.

Anyway, I think I'll be under 120 lbs by my next weigh in which is Monday morning.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

LOL awww! I went to the gym with a friend a few years ago and she totally wiped out on the treadmill. I was talking with her then all of a sudden she disappeared. Luckily, she didn't get hurt and we both had a good laugh about it after we assessed the damages.

LOL! If I tried it, I am sure it would be even more spectacular :) Oh so today I went to the gym with a friend and I thought you would appreciate that while on the treadmill I tripped. I totally tripped and nearly smacked my face into the display. I tried to pass it off as just wanting a closer look, but somehow I have a feeling that it wasn't very believable lol.

"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Nice! My worst clumsy time today was when the big pocket of my scrub jacket got caught on the corner of a drawer, knocking down my keyboard, and totally startling my 2 yr old patient. :-/

LOL! Oh no! Well, I think that's alright :)

LOL awww! I went to the gym with a friend a few years ago and she totally wiped out on the treadmill. I was talking with her then all of a sudden she disappeared. Luckily, she didn't get hurt and we both had a good laugh about it after we assessed the damages.

I have a feeling it looked hilarious :)

Good morning! I did over an hour on the treadmill yesterday while watching Bones. Since I was watching tv I only burned 400 calories but it's better than sitting on my butt watching tv. I love tv too much.

Anyway, I think I'll be under 120 lbs by my next weigh in which is Monday morning.

Oh, yay! I gained 2 lbs. I'm smaller though, even smaller than last week. So I think I;m gaining muscle weight.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Just discovered our local supermarket has an awesome halal meat section! It's only a couple of minutes away, and it's a nice selection. Very excited. I had been to the supermarket a few years ago and they mostly had frozen, bad quality halal meats; they've improved a great deal. Very happy :star:

That's always nice msheesha! There's a new shop that opened recently that's a lot closer to our house. 90% of what we buy is the Rossdown frozen chicken, and they carry lots of it, so it's convenient. And they have these yummy chocolate cream biscuits I like there, so it's a win :)

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

Yup, we're very happy we don't have to go to the butcher which is about 40-ish minutes away, buy a bunch and freeze it - we can now buy and cook fresh whenever we'd like because it's so close. They even have the halal turkey bacon in the deli counter that they will cut fresh - same brand as the butcher, etc. Quite happy about how much they've improved the section since I last went in.

Nice for you too - finding closer halal products is always a nice treat! Especially nice with Ramadan coming up - no trekking to the butcher 40 minutes away!

Edited by msheesha

Timeline

That's really nice, msheesha! I've been looking for a good butcher (preferably halal because of freshness) in our area, too. I went to two not too far from my office yesterday evening. Total let downs. Both had signs advertising fresh meats and fish. One had nothing whatsoever and the other only had frozen. What?! There is a halal market in Hamtramck that has fresh killed chickens while you wait but they only do that early in the day and I never can get out there in time. :/ Then there's Dearborn but that's a weekend thing and weekends in the summer are usually jam packed with kid activities. /end of whine

That's really nice, msheesha! I've been looking for a good butcher (preferably halal because of freshness) in our area, too. I went to two not too far from my office yesterday evening. Total let downs. Both had signs advertising fresh meats and fish. One had nothing whatsoever and the other only had frozen. What?! There is a halal market in Hamtramck that has fresh killed chickens while you wait but they only do that early in the day and I never can get out there in time. :/ Then there's Dearborn but that's a weekend thing and weekends in the summer are usually jam packed with kid activities. /end of whine

Previous trips to halal places were letdowns for me as well. Lots of frozen things, or pretty dirty looking places from which I wouldn't eat any meat! Then found the butcher, which I loved but am really happy to have the convenience of good halal meats so close.

Speaking of Dearborn, they cancelled the TLC series, "Every Day Muslims". (is that the correct title?) Good, bad, or indifferent, (and I felt differently about the show depending upon who was highlighted in a certain week), I was disappointed that they cancelled it. I heard a lot of positive comments about it from non-Muslims who felt it educated them to the every day lives of Muslims and de-mystified (I like to call it de-"othered") Muslims for them.

Edited by msheesha

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Previous trips to halal places were letdowns for me as well. Lots of frozen things, or pretty dirty looking places from which I wouldn't eat any meat! Then found the butcher, which I loved but am really happy to have the convenience of good halal meats so close.

Speaking of Dearborn, they cancelled the TLC series, "Every Day Muslims". (is that the correct title?) Good, bad, or indifferent, (and I felt differently about the show depending upon who was highlighted in a certain week), I was disappointed that they cancelled it. I heard a lot of positive comments about it from non-Muslims who felt it educated them to the every day lives of Muslims and de-mystified (I like to call it de-"othered") Muslims for them.

My husband and father were so excited to see a show about Muslims! Then Lowe's pulled their commercials, then it got cancelled not long after. I found it to have some good moments about how Muslims live and work in the US. It would have been nice to have one more season so that I could really make a decision, but I am disappointed that it was pulled when other "less quality" shows have been on for years :(

Working in Turkmenistan, spouse is with me. 

Dealing with the NVC process...

Check out Timeline for questions :D

Timeline

I watched the show a couple times and determined it was way too boring to continue watching. The idea was nice but it wasn't interesting enough to hold enough peoples' attention. It was like if someone followed me around all day and made a show about it. That would be a snoozefest. :) I also felt like they tried to create some drama when there really wasn't any. Drama sells, naturally. Also, I believe all the people on the show were Shi'a or at least most and they were all Lebanese. The large mosque that they featured is a Shi'a mosque. It seemed kind of biased in that way. They could've gotten a lot more people involved from different countries. Dearborn is certainly not lacking in diversity when it comes to Arabs.

Timeline

I don't believe Lowes had anything to do with the cancellation of the show. It was lacking viewers. The lesser quality shows have plenty of drama to pique interest that's why they stay on the air.

My husband and father were so excited to see a show about Muslims! Then Lowe's pulled their commercials, then it got cancelled not long after. I found it to have some good moments about how Muslims live and work in the US. It would have been nice to have one more season so that I could really make a decision, but I am disappointed that it was pulled when other "less quality" shows have been on for years :(

I watched the show a couple times and determined it was way too boring to continue watching. The idea was nice but it wasn't interesting enough to hold enough peoples' attention. It was like if someone followed me around all day and made a show about it. That would be a snoozefest. :) I also felt like they tried to create some drama when there really wasn't any. Drama sells, naturally. Also, I believe all the people on the show were Shi'a or at least most and they were all Lebanese. The large mosque that they featured is a Shi'a mosque. It seemed kind of biased in that way. They could've gotten a lot more people involved from different countries. Dearborn is certainly not lacking in diversity when it comes to Arabs.

I agree.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.