R and F

June 2012

225 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hey starting the new thread for June. Hope all is well with you. I am in Morocco now and enjoying my time with the family. I am somewhat sick but then I knew I would get sick in Morocco as nothing agrees with me. I got sick when I was here the 1st time, but I am back anyway. :thumbs: :thumbs:

Farid is very happy with his family and having a grand ole time with friends as well. All is good folks. :dance: :dance:

Sorry guys I titled the post incorrectly. I must be drunk. :whistle:

Edited by R and F

Oct 28,2006 Met online in Yahoo messenger
Dec 2,2007 Traveled to Morocco and decided to stay
Jan 7,2008 Got married in Zaio
Mar 2,2008 Got my Moroccan residency
Oct 23,2008 Direct Consular filed at consulate
Oct 31,2008 Got interview call for Dec 22nd
Nov 11,2008 Medical exam done
Dec 22,2008 Interview and got approved
Dec 23,2008 Visa issued, thanks to God
Jan 20,2009 Flew home to Texas.
Jan 21,2009 Living and working in Los Fresnos, Texas
Oct 30,2010 Filed I-751 Lifting of Conditions
Nov 2, 2010 NOA1
Dec 10,2010 Biometrics
Mar 23,2011 Approved Lifting of Conditions
Oct 28,2011 Filed N-400 Naturalization
Nov 02,2011 NOA 1
Nov 28,2011 Recd text/email placed inline for interview schedule
Dec 01,2011 Recd text/email interview scheduled,pending letter
Jan 10,2012 Interview Date
Jan 10,2012 Interview Cancelled and will be rescheduled per
USCIS as Farid can only interview after Jan 20th
Feb 23,2012 Citizenship Interview Date-Farid passed. Wohoo
July 6,2012 Oath Ceremony-McAllen Texas

March 20,2013 Petitioned for Momma

March 9, 2015 Momma arrives in Texas to live with us.

January 30, 2016 Momma leaves back to Morocco for a visit.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hey starting the new thread for June. Hope all is well with you. I am in Morocco now and enjoying my time with the family. I am somewhat sick but then I knew I would get sick in Morocco as nothing agrees with me. I got sick when I was here the 1st time, but I am back anyway. :thumbs: :thumbs:

Farid is very happy with his family and having a grand ole time with friends as well. All is good folks. :dance: :dance:

Glad to see MENA is perking up a bit! Things are good here, Ahmed and I are both working, the kids are growing up faster than I ever could've believed. We've been trying to nail down a time period for going back to Egypt to visit my husband's family, but having a hard time figuring it out. He wants to go during next Ramadan, but I just can't handle the heat there in the middle of summer. So we are thinking of going next Eid al-Adha, which should be cooler, and hopefully the political climate will have cooled down by then, also. His sisters are probably going to kill him when we get there, for keeping their niece away from them for so long (she will be three by the time they see her!) :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Happy to see you and Farid are having a good time!! Did I miss it or has he taken his oath yet?

How long will you be in Morocco?

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

Timeline

Happy to see you and Farid are having a good time!! Did I miss it or has he taken his oath yet?

How long will you be in Morocco?

Hey Jeanne, Farid got his oath ceremony appointment already but he had to reschedule as we were going on vacation then. He asked for it to be rescheduled after we got back. And we are here for almost three weeks so I will be patient and just be on the net and communicate with my parents on a daily basis. My mom keeps asking when we are coming home so we can go out to eat. :thumbs: :thumbs: She eats like a bird but just going out is what she enjoys with me because I have patience with her and my dad wants to go and come back immediately as he has to watch his sports channel.

We went out today to a huge Wal-Mart type store and it was packed. I kept trying to go alone around the store but Farid would say not to leave him alone because there are many thiefs. We took along Momma and she was so happy to be out with Farid. I did manage to escape once but found Farid yelling at me above everyone else, "Rosieeeeee, Where are you?????????????

Silliness Indeed.

Nov 2, 2010 NOA1
Dec 10,2010 Biometrics
Nov 02,2011 NOA 1

Filed: Timeline

June already??? Dang this year is flying by!

My daughter was in the hospital again today. We were trying to count the number of times she has been in the ER. At least 5 times and admitted twice. Praying that she will be healed and all better soon. She has been off work since Feb. Hopefully she can go back to work in July. Todays visit~ she had morphine and a catheter and a $12,000 cat scan (thank god for insurance cuz she has had 2 of these in the last month) Seems after the hysterectomy her bladder is not adjusting well. Thank you for all the messages and prayers offered. My VJ friends are most awesome and we appreciate it.

J (F)

Timeline

Ahhh June...summer is here!!!

Almost booked a flight to Rabat for the 17th...for 6 weeks.In fact had it on hold, AF offers an option to think for $20. Really cool option I must say.

But decided to complete all the NVC paperwork, enjoy the summer here then God willing join my husband for his interview .....when that comes :wacko:

Then GOD will have his own plans!!!! HA HA HA :lol: And I will just follow that.

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Hello again VJ! It has been a while since I have been on... Two years I believe. Wow. Hubster came to USA about that time...What a coincidence, huh? blush.gifGlad to see the MENA site still up and running!

Enjoy you evening! It's Friday, Friday, Friday...yeah! kicking.gif

bajih

ah. the longing....

Timeline

My sweet cat Alex died today :( Im very upset about this! I come home from work & see him laying on the bedroom floor with his paws in the curtain & it wrapped around his face. :( I called mom to come over and she felt of him bcz I was too upset. My brother came over & dug his grave. I miss my Alex!

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

My sweet cat Alex died today :( Im very upset about this! I come home from work & see him laying on the bedroom floor with his paws in the curtain & it wrapped around his face. :( I called mom to come over and she felt of him bcz I was too upset. My brother came over & dug his grave. I miss my Alex!

I am so sorry about your cat (F) How old was he? I know how you feel.......4 years ago, my 14 year old cat Mr. Kitty died of complications of diabetes.

He developed diabetes when he was 11 years old when my daughter was born, I gave him insulin injections everyday, but 3 years of that took a toll on him sadly. I came home from work one day and he could barely move and was so sick, the vet recommended that I put him down to make it easier for him, he wouldn't pull through, so I held him while she put the IV in his little arm........I cried until I couldn't see anymore, I loved him so much.

I had him since he was 6 weeks old, got him at a garage sale when I lived in Oklahoma. He was my best buddy, he even came with me when I lived in Saudi Arabia and then back home here to California. He traveled the world with me like a child, before I had my daughter.

Take care (F) Zahra

01-04-09 - Married in Egyptian Embassy - Qatar - honeymoon in Egypt (Ahmed's home country)

05-04-09 - I-130 Sent

12-13-09 - INTERVIEW PASSED (Qatar)....Spent 12 weeks in AP

03-03-10 - VISA IN HAND :)

03-06-10 - AHMED COMES HOME :)

03-12-10 - SS# card received

03-19-10 - GC received

05-15-10 - First job

06-01-11 - Better job!

03-2012 - Started our business

Removal of Conditions/10 yr GC

02-15-12 - Sent I-175 ROC

07-17-12 - approved!....card production ordered!!!!

07-21-12 - 10 yr card arrived in mail :)

03-2013 - Apply for Naturalization

Timeline

Alex was 4yrs old. Adam & I got him right after he first got here & he was just a kitten :( Im pretty sure it was from either stress/heart attack from being stuck in the curtain all day or from suffocating :( Still terribly sad to think he was like that for hours. I don't believe in declawing cats & I feel just horrible that I was away at work for 10hrs.

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Alex was 4yrs old. Adam & I got him right after he first got here & he was just a kitten :( Im pretty sure it was from either stress/heart attack from being stuck in the curtain all day or from suffocating :( Still terribly sad to think he was like that for hours. I don't believe in declawing cats & I feel just horrible that I was away at work for 10hrs.

I am so sorry about your cat :(

Working in Turkmenistan, spouse is with me. 

Dealing with the NVC process...

Check out Timeline for questions :D

Timeline

Hey everyone I am doing well in Morocco today. I just spoke to my parents and they are doing great. Have a great day guys. :thumbs: :thumbs:

Nov 2, 2010 NOA1
Dec 10,2010 Biometrics
Nov 02,2011 NOA 1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hey everyone I am doing well in Morocco today. I just spoke to my parents and they are doing great. Have a great day guys. :thumbs: :thumbs:

I am so jealous! I loved Morocco and want to take the hubby there so badly!

Working in Turkmenistan, spouse is with me. 

Dealing with the NVC process...

Check out Timeline for questions :D

Filed: Timeline

Awww sorry about your kitty cat, I have buried many in my lifetime. I found a cat a few weeks back with a broken leg and could barely walk. She was scared of everyone that tried to help her and I am guessing she was about a little over a year. She was starving to death by the looks of her as every other step she made she had to stop and rest. Each morning and each evening, I would see her just laying in the same spot. I went to the store and got some cat food and left the food near her. One afternoon after leaving the food, she hobbled to the food and watched me the entire time. I sat on the porch day after day watching this cat. Eventually, she would come to my porch very close to me and eat. I was so excited as she was eating twice a day now. This went on for about a week. Last week, I went out and didn't see her, the next day same thing, and then finally I saw her laying between two cars where she passed away. My neighbor buried her sad.gif

Now, I am feeding 4 kittens, mother, father and a few more in need of food.

Sorry again for you loss........

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.