LoveUnrestricted

Messaging another woman on facebook

61 posts in this topic

Hello all.

I donno if its directly related to the K1 visa but I still need advise. My fiance came to Miami to see me on a tourist visa while we have the K1 processing. So today I borrowed his laptop for class and when i went to facebook, he was still logged in. Since he had read my facebook messages before, i thought I would do the same for fun. To my dismay, I came across a conversation between him and a girl about whom i had already questioned him. He told me that he met her once and that she really wanted to get with him but he never found her attractive. Anyways, I started reading the conversation (which was dated recently and while he was here with me) and the conversation went something like this:

girl: i'm drunk and u are super cute

him: thanks

girl: i really like you (something along those lines)

him: but i though u liked my friend better

girl: no i dont like the #######, i like the sweet guys like u

girl: you have a gf right?

him: yeah

girl: man i have bad luck :(

him: too bad, i have a big one, u would have enjoyed it.

girl: wow

him: just because i'm a nice guy, doesn't mean i cant satisfy

girl: dude, u have a gf

(mind you, he did not even bother to tell her that he has been engaged for two months now)

and it continued along those lines. I confronted him and told him to delete her from his friends how explained how inappropriate and disrespectful that was. He explained that he sees her as a friend and that they always joke like that with her. I got really mad since he is offering his "you-know-what" to a girl who is drunk and obsessed with him. I did not see it as an apropriate joke between friends. So he got furious with me saying that I'm crazy and over-reacting. Did I over-react, am i really going crazy? i dont even know anymore :(

My concern also is will these messages have a potential to be seen by the USCIS and would they have an impact on our K1 disicion?

Edited by LoveUnrestricted

K-1 Process

3/12/2012: I-129F Sent

3/20/2012: NOA1!

9/22/2012: Screw the wait ..... we get married!!! ♥ ♥

9/27/2012: NOA2 ... too little too late :/

10/05/2012: NVC Received

11/28/2012: Letter sent to USCIS to cancel the K1 visa

11/30/2012: I move to live with my hubby in France!

hOIQp1.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hello all.

I donno if its directly related to the K1 visa but I still need advise. My fiance came to Miami to see me on a tourist visa while we have the K1 processing. So today I borrowed his laptop for class and when i went to facebook, he was still logged in. Since he had read my facebook messages before, i thought I would do the same for fun. To my dismay, I came across a conversation between him and a girl about whom i had already questioned him. He told me that he met her once and that she really wanted to get with him but he never found her attractive. Anyways, I started reading the conversation (which was dated recently and while he was here with me) and the conversation went something like this:

girl: i'm drunk and u are super cute

him: thanks

girl: i really like you (something along those lines)

him: but i though u liked my friend better

girl: no i dont like the #######, i like the sweet guys like u

girl: you have a gf right?

him: yeah

girl: man i have bad luck :(

him: too bad, i have a big one, u would have enjoyed it.

girl: wow

him: just because i'm a nice guy, doesn't mean i cant satisfy

girl: dude, u have a gf

(mind you, he did not even bother to tell her that he has been engaged for two months now)

and it continued along those lines. I confronted him and told him to delete her from his friends how explained how inappropriate and disrespectful that was. He explained that he sees her as a friend and that they always joke like that with her. I got really mad since he is offering his "you-know-what" to a girl who is drunk and obsessed with him. I did not see it as an apropriate joke between friends. So he got furious with me saying that I'm crazy and over-reacting. Did I over-react, am i really going crazy? i dont even know anymore :(

My concern also is will these messages have a potential to be seen by the USCIS and would they have an impact on our K1 disicion?

Related to a K 1 visa? You just have to decide if this type of thing is acceptable to you now or in the future. You may need to develop a new sense of humor to find the humor in this. I suspect it will get a lot funnier later.

Keep in mind this is what you know about. The unknown is a lot harder to deal with & probably lacks the humor he finds in this. Of course you just happened to find this on his facebook.

You dont need to worry about USCIS decision. Make your own based on the facts surrounding your relationship. You have to live with the decision & him.

There are others that will respect you so dont waste your time on a man such as this.

Edited by Ning

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

That seems quite the thing, I have seen at least one thread where somebody had been notified of being Dovorced on Facebook.

An interesting article from the Guardian:

Facebook a top cause of relationship trouble, say US lawyers

Social networking site becoming primary source of evidence in divorce proceedings and custody battles, lawyers say

Richard Adams in Washington

guardian.co.uk, Tuesday 8 March 2011 14.26 EST

Photographs taken from social networking sites are a rich source of evidence, divorce lawyers say. Photograph: Chris Jackson/Getty Images

When Facebook gets involved, relationships can quickly fall apart – as Hosni Mubarak and Muammar Gaddafi have discovered. But dictatorships are not the only ties being dissolved by social networking sites: now Facebook is increasingly being blamed for undermining American marriages.

Even though the rate of divorce in the US has remained largely stable in recent years, American divorce lawyers and academics have joined Middle East analysts in picking out Facebook as a leading cause of relationship trouble, with American lawyers now demanding to see their clients' Facebook pages as a matter of course before the start of proceedings.

"We're coming across it more and more. One spouse connects online with someone they knew from school. The person is emotionally available and they start communicating through Facebook," said Dr Steven Kimmons, a clinical psychologist and marriage counsellor at Loyola University Medical Centre near Chicago.

Yet while the US media has been quick to trumpet any evidence of Facebook as the country's leading marriage-wrecker, the truth is "It's complicated," as the site's relationship status would have it.

A 2010 survey by the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (AAML) found that four out of five lawyers reported an increasing number of divorce cases citing evidence derived from social networking sites in the past five years, with Facebook being the market leader.

Two-thirds of the lawyers surveyed said that Facebook was the "primary source" of evidence in divorce proceedings, while MySpace with 15% and Twitter with 5% lagged far behind.

Those statistics included not just evidence of infidelity but other legal battles, such as child custody cases in which parents deny using illicit drugs but boast of smoking marijuana on their Facebook pages.

Photographs harvested from social networking sites – including those posted by friends or colleagues on their own pages – are a particularly rich source of damning evidence, according to divorce lawyers.

"This sort of evidence has gone from nothing to a large percentage of my cases coming in," Linda Lea Vicken, a member of the divorce lawyers' group from South Dakota, told the Associated Press.

Marlene Eskind Moses, president of the AAML, said the openness and sharing of social networking sites left their users' public and private lives more exposed.

"If you publicly post any contradictions to previously made statements and promises, an estranged spouse will certainly be one of the first people to notice and make use of that evidence," said Moses.

Statistics for January from online analysts Nielsen showed 135 million people in the US visiting Facebook during the month – nearly 70% of the country's internet users. On average, users spent more than seven hours a month visiting the site, far longer than the less than half an hour spent on visits to Amazon or the average of two hours and 15 minutes on Google, America's most popular web destination.

The overall rate of divorce, however, appears to be unaffected by the advent of social networking. The most recent published data – from 2009 – shows the overall divorce rate declining, slightly more slowly than the shrinking percentage of Americans who get married every year.

A spokesperson for Facebook said: "It's ridiculous to suggest that Facebook leads to divorce. Whether you're breaking up or just getting together, Facebook is just a way to communicate, like letters, phone calls and emails. Facebook doesn't cause divorces, people do."

But given its popularity, it is little wonder that negotiating "Facebook divorce" status updates has become another unhappy event for failed romances, over when to launch the site's broken-heart icon out into the glare of the world's news feed.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

I will just say one thing: be careful but this might be really a joke... Guys when they are bored they like chatting like that to kill the time. Its not right but they just have no idea and see nothing wrong in it since they dont do anything, just write... Explain to him how you feel and that it hurt you and see what happens... The fact he writes things like that, doesn't mean that he does things behind your back... But you have to tell him you don't approve and see if he gets it or not... I know it hurts, but if you love him just give him a chance to change that. If he still does it after you talk to him, it's up to you to make a decision if you trust him or not... It's a tough one ...

Edited by sabi

Our (K1) Journey

01-17-2012: I 129F sent

01-24-2012: NOA1 date! => Vermont Service Centre

08-02-2012: NOA2 (195 days!!!)

09-24-2012: interview - Approved!

09-26-2012: visaarrow-10x10.png issued

09-28-2012: visa received by a registeredarrow-10x10.png post

11-01-2012: POE Dublin

11-17-2012: wedding

AOS Journey

11-23-2012: AOS package sent

11-27-2912: package received and signed for at the Chicago office

11-29-2012: case numbers assigned

12-03-2012: Biometrics letter sent to the old addressarrow-10x10.png (never received)

12-10-2012: NOA1 hardcopy for I 765 and I 131

12-15-2012: NOA1 hardcopy for I 485

12-28-2012: biometrics (missed)

01-17-2013: newarrow-10x10.png biometric date

01-25-2013: EAD approval

01-30-2013: EAD production

01-31-2013: EAD mailed

02-02-2013: EAD received

My ROC Journey:

03-20-2015: I751 package sent

03-23-2015: NOA1

03-25-2015: check cashedarrow-10x10.png

07-31-2015: Biometrics ( Biometrics letter sent to the old address never received, missed it on 07/06 and had to have it rescheduled after many phone calls and service requests)

09-07-2015: Card in Production email.

09-09-2015: Card mailed

09-11-2015: Card delivered

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I will just say one thing: be careful but this might be really a joke... Guys when they are bored they like chatting like that to kill the time. Its not right but they just have no idea and see nothing wrong in it since they dont do anything, just write... Explain to him how you feel and that it hurt you and see what happens... The fact he writes things like that, doesn't mean that he does things behind your back... But you have to tell him you don't approve and see if he gets it or not... I know it hurts, but if you love him just give him a chance to change that. If he still does it after you talk to him, it's up to you to make a decision if you trust him or not... It's a tough one ...

I agree. To me it sounds like it could be a joke but I can see how this could be upsetting, especially if you haven't been exposed to this kind of "conversation" before. Wait until you are both calm and have a rational discussion about it.

USCIS can't see your facebook chats or private messages, unless you give it to them, so don't worry about that. Just worry about your relationship.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

I am guessing he is insecure and using her to boost his ego. Did he date a lot before you? While it is unpleasant, I think the fact that he admitted to being "taken" makes things not as terrible as they could have been.

Edited by Peter_Pan

USCIS [*] 22 Nov. 2011 - I-129 package sent; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - Package delivered; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - NOA1/petition received and routed to the California Service Center; [*] 30 Nov. 2011 - Touched/confirmation though text message and email; [*] 03 Dec. 2011 - Hard copy received; [*]24 April 2012 - NOA2 (no RFEs)/text message/email/USCIS account updated; [*] 27 April 2012 - NOA2 hard copy received.

NVC [*] 14 May 2012 - Petition received by NVC ; [*] 16 May 2012 - Petition left NVC.

EMBASSY [*] 18 May 2012 - Petition arrived at the US Embassy in Bucharest; [*] 22 May 2012 - Package 3 received; [*] 24 May 2012 - Package sent to the consulate, interview date set; [*] 14 June 2012 - Interview date, approved.

POE [*] 04 July 2012 - Minneapolis/St.Paul. [*] 16 September 2012 - Wedding Day!

AOS/EAD/AP [*] 04 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package sent; [*] 07 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package delivered; [*] 12 February 2013 - NOA1 text messages/emails; [*] 16 February 2013 - NOA1 received in the regular mail; [*] 28 February 2013 - Biometrics letter received (appointment date, March 8th); [*] 04 March 2013 - Biometrics walk-in completed (9 out of 10 fingerprints taken, pinky would not give in); [*] 04 April 2013 - EAD/AP card approved; [*] 11 April 2013 - Combo card sent/tracking number obtained; [*] 15 April 2013 - Card delivered.

[*] 15 May 2013 - Moved from MN to LA; [*] 17 May 2013 - Applied for a new SS card/filed an AR-11 online (unsuccessfully), therefore called and spoke to a Tier 2 and changed the address; [*] 22 May 2013 - Address updated on My Case Status (finally can see the case numbers online); [*] 28 May 2013 - Letter received in the mail confirming the change of address; [*] 31 July 2013 - Went to Romania; [*] 12 September 2013 - returned to the US using the AP, POE Houston, everything went smoothly; [*] 20 September 2013 - Spoke to a Tier2 and put in a service request; [*] 23 September 2013 - Got "Possible Interview Waiver" letter (originally sent on August, 29th to my old address, returned and re-routed to my current address); [*] 1 October 2013 - Started a new job.

event.png

Trying to get the word out about our struggles:

http://voices.yahoo.com/almost-legal-citizen-but-not-quite-12155565.html?cat=9

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Honduras
Timeline

Nah, I don't think you overreacted. I would really mad at my fiance if ever found a conversation like that between him and another girl. I would have reacted similar to you, so don't fret.

El destino me ha unido a vos.

I-129F K1 Visa Process
[01.18.2012] Sent I-129F Petition
[01.20.2012] NOA1
[06.13.2012] NOA2 - no RFE's
[07.09.2012] Petition received at NVC; case number assigned
[07.11.2012] Petition sent to Honduras consulate
[07.13.2012] Consulate received petition package
[08.07.2012] Received interview date & Packet 4 in email
[10.10.2012] Interview smile.png - APPROVED!
[10.18.2012] POE Houston
[10.29.2012] Marriage <3

I-485 AOS Process
[12.14.2012] Sent I-485 Package with I-765
[12.19.2012] NOA1
[12.24.2012] Biometrics letter received
[01.02.2013] RFE notice
[01.05.2013] RFE hardcopy received
[01.07.2013] Biometrics appointment
[03.04.2013] RFE sent back to USCIS
[03.19.2013] EAD approved
[03.27.2013] EAD arrived in the mail

[09.21.2013] I-485 approved

[09.26.2013] Green card sent in mail

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Girl u def didn't overreact.and a good thing u told him.u have to decide what u want.its clear the girl is interested in him,no female invest personal time to talk to a man with no agenda. If I would u I would make him delete her.u his fiance and future wife so u have a right to make him delete her.that was not a joke conversation. that was really lazy flirting.and crossing the line.why u don't go sit down and have a normal serious conversation with him about it. U two wanna get married maybe u should talk about what u expect from a marriage and what is crossing the line.maybe that helps.hope it all works out for u in a good positive way :)... If u need a friend to talk to u can PM me anytime..been in a similar situation before.

Visa Journey:

K1:

Service Center: Vermont Service Center

Consulate: Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F Sent: 10-13-2010

I-129F NOA1: 10-18-2010

I-129F NOA2: 04-05-2011

Consulate Received: 04-15-2011

Packet 3 Received: 04-29-2011

Packet 3 Sent: 04-30-2011

Packet 4 Received: 05-07-2011

Interview Date: 06-07-2011

Interview Result: Visa was on hold

Second Interview: Approved

Visa Received: 01-20-2012

ENTRY: 02-12-2012

Married: 03-26-2012

AOS 04-19-2012

Email notification 04-26-2012

NOA1 send : 04-24-2012

Biometric send: 04-27-2012

Biometric appt: 05-18-2012

AOS transfer to CSC: 05-24-2012

EAD/AD approved&send: 06-22-2012

EAD/AD arrived: 06-28-2012

e4nrdek1wws.png

no female invest personal time to talk to a man with no agenda.

I'm curious what this statement means. No females invest personal times to talk to men unless they have an agenda?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

You did absolutely right thing about confronting him and telling him that things of this nature won't be tolerated. Men need boundaries and will treat woman only the way she allows. If he heard you and cares about you, he will stop messing around. If not, well, you are not married just yet and free to leave. As for this conversation affecting k-1 application.. well, even if you think they'll take their time to check your fiancé's messages, which is highly unlikely to be honest, there is an option on FB to delete private messages/chats if that will bring more peace to your mind. Don't worry about immigration, worry about what relationship you are in.

Edited by StarGirl

K1 Visa

I-129F Sent : 2012-02-03
US Entry : 2012-11-01

Adjustment of Status

I-485 sent : 2012-11-14
Interview : 2013-05-21

GC received: 2013-06-13

Removing conditions

I-751 Sent: 2015-03-02

Approval: 2015-12-11

GC received: 2015-12-21

Citizenship

N-400 sent: 2016-03-21

Interview: 2016-08-08

Oath: 2016-08-17

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I'm curious what this statement means. No females invest personal times to talk to men unless they have an agenda?

I'm not sure but maybe she meant that the facebook girl wouldn't be talking to him for nothing? :unsure:

Filed: Timeline

I don't think you overreacted at all. You confronted someone you plan to spend your entire life with about something that you obviously have a problem with. I agree with Peter Pan in regards to your fiance telling the other girl that he was taken. I don't think anyone's stupid enough to leave Facebook up AND give their significant other their laptop that contains incriminating evidence. With his lack of secrecy and his reaction, it's pretty likely that he really WAS just joking around; however, that DOESN'T mean that YOU should just get used to it. I would definitely sit down and discuss what's appropriate and what's not appropriate between the two of you. He's most likely going to react negatively to some extent, but that's just further proof that he's used to casual flirting, and it's far from a hard habit to break! I don't think this should be a cause for too much alarm.. It's just a little bump on the road. We all have them. Here's wishing the two of you the best.

Definitely clueless.

I'm not sure but maybe she meant that the facebook girl wouldn't be talking to him for nothing? :unsure:

But to lump all females into that category doesn't make sense. :(