sonder

Joint Credit Card Statement

42 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My initial post just about credit card statements. :bonk: It's not like I am unsure of my surroundings or stuck with something. If I needed help I would have said so. This post was just for general dicsuccion about joint credit card statements. IMHO, i get a inner feeling that no one gets joint credit card statements except the letter & copy of cards. :ot2:

This made it sound like you needed help.

Now, my question is how do you prove it to USCIS having joint credit account apart from the crappy letter & print out of both users card?

As I and others said earlier, that is all you need to do. There are plenty of other pieces of evidence you can send to back up your case. Credit card bills are really not that important.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

We copied both cards side by side showing a card for each.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

There are some misconceptions here. "Joint" ownership of an account means that both have applied for a credit card (or whatever) jointly. Adding someone later as an authorized user is not the same. American Express is the only credit card company that lists transactions by user name. I put my wife on as an authorized user, and she charged the groceries to my Amex. Thus, by submitting statements I could show that we both use this account.

Sending copies of credit cards without the numbers blanked out is in my opinion stupid. Sorry for being so harsh! The card itself is not proof of an account and its being currently active. Furthermore, someone might abuse the information on the credit card. This is not like giving USCIS access to your bank accounts and taxes. By doing the latter, you don't give anyone access to your money. By copying your credit cards proper (instead of the statements) you do!

Your CC numbers are none of USCIS's business. Neither do they request them. If you asked them, I am sure they would even tell you to NOT make a copy of your cards.

"Sending copies of credit cards without the numbers blanked out is in my opinion stupid"

-- Would you also consider sending social security numbers without some numbers blanked out stupid ? Social security number is the most sensitive thing to be exposed I hope you agree!!!

Edited by rosco_qa

"Black out the last 4 numbers on the cards" Not sure if you realize who we all are dealing with!! Would you also prefer to black out your social security number!! Trust me, USCIS knows everything about you anyway. Why would you want to do something which looks inappropriate and regret? I have sent everything as it is, credit card numbers, bank letter with account number.

FYI, USCIS has all you financial record from I-864 stage. Didn't we all submitted all the financial records during initial visa process? Why would you want to act in a different way now?

The advice about blacking out the last 4 digits of your credit card was good advice to avoid any fraudulent use by whoever comes across them, USCIS does not have access to your credit card account numbers. When my wife and I went for our AOS interview, I gave the agent a piece of paper with copies of our credit cards on them, however I forgot to black out the last 4 numbers, the agent noticed this and did it for me.

"Sending copies of credit cards without the numbers blanked out is in my opinion stupid"

-- Would you also consider sending social security numbers without some numbers blanked out stupid ? Social security number is the most sensitive thing to be exposed I hope you agree!!!

A social security number is required, credit card numbers are not. It is much harder to commit fraud with just a social security number than it is to commit fraud with a credit card number. Why not diminish the possibility of fraud whenever possible?

A social security number is required, credit card numbers are not. It is much harder to commit fraud with just a social security number than it is to commit fraud with a credit card number. Why not diminish the possibility of fraud whenever possible?

Agreed, for example, we had some issues with a compromised account in the past and my husband put a warning on his SSN, so that anyone trying to open an account or get credit with it would have to go through personally contacting him - fraud would be very hard, if not impossible with just his SSN. But if they have the information for an already existing account, nothing could stop them from shopping online or over the phone using the account :) We blacked out the first few digits of our accounts on all docs we sent to USCIS. If they send an RFE, we will deal with it, but they haven't so far.

10/07/2007 Entered the US on J-1 visa

11/03/2008 Changed status to F-1

02/14/2010 Married

03/15/2010 Filed AOS (from F-1)

05/27/2010 AOS approved, GC Issued

02/28/2012 Mailed I-751 (Removal of Conditions)

03/01/2012 I-751 received by CSC/NOA Issued

03/15/2012 Biometrics letter sent

04/12/2012 Biometrics appointment per letter

05/27/2012 GC expires

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.