sonder

Joint Credit Card Statement

42 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

Do you have other evidence you can provide like a joint bank account? Banks should have no issue putting both names on your statements.

Unfortunate we created joint bank account too late & our first statement will be available end of this month. However, I have managed to get a letter a bank (reflecting the balance ) mentioning wife as an beneficiary & recipient of my personal checking account balance in case of my demise.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

Actually I pulled this handy document just now which explains things clearly. So, after 1 year when you you a joint account holder with your husband, your monthly statement shows both names?

After 1 year of being an authorized user, your wife can apply (there is an application form) for being a joint account holder. There is no application for being an authorized user because it does not mean much (that person is not responsible for paying the card but can only spend). I am not sure how long you should be an authorized user at the banks you have, but at Chase and Boa it is 1 year.

P.S. I hope you are not stressing over this because of USCIS. For them as long as you both use the same cards is enough. For my AOS I sent in copies of front of 4 different cards (2 debit,1 credit and macys) with my husband's and mine name on them. It was sufficient. Make sure your cards have the same account number.

Edited by Raduga

AOS from B1/B2:

January 12 - I-130 & I-485 Delivered

January 24 - Both checks cashed

January 26 - Both NoAs received

February 9 - Biometrics letter received

February 17 - Biometrics appointment

January 18 - Green Card Ordered (No Interview)

January 22 - Green Card Mailed

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Unfortunate we created joint bank account too late & our first statement will be available end of this month. However, I have managed to get a letter a bank (reflecting the balance ) mentioning wife as an beneficiary & recipient of my personal checking account balance in case of my demise.

Do you have any of these?

Drivers licenses/state ID cards showing the same address

Lease/mortgage showing both names

Car title showing both names

Joint Health/dental insurance

Life insurance showing your wife as the beneficiary

Timeline

Do you have any of these?

Drivers licenses/state ID cards showing the same address

Lease/mortgage showing both names

Car title showing both names

Joint Health/dental insurance

Life insurance showing your wife as the beneficiary

Here is exactly what I sent, nothing more or less:

1. Copy of Jointly Filed Federal Income Tax Return Transcript (Year: 2009).
  2. Copy of Jointly Filed Federal Income Tax Return Transcript (Year: 2010).
  3. Copy of Jointly Filed Federal Income Tax Return Transcript (Year: 2011).
  4. Copy of wife's Green Card (front & back side).
  5. Copy of our state identification card with same address.
  6. Copy of our joint Citi credit card (Front and back).
  7. Copy of letter from Citi credit card confirming our joint and active credit card account.
  8. Copy of bank letter stating joint checking account status. Also stating wife as beneficiary of husband’s checking account in case of husband's demise.
  9. Copy of our year 2011 joint certificate of health plan coverage
  10. Copy of our year 2011 health insurance cards showing joint coverage
  11. Copy of our year 2012 joint certificate of health plan coverage
  12. Copy of our year 2012 health insurance cards showing joint coverage
  13. Copy of our joint certificate of dental plan coverage
  14. Copy of our EyeMed vision care member information benefit details.
  15. Copy of our EyeMed vision care card (We both use the same card).
  16. Copy of our prescription-drug benefit provider Express Scripts card.
  17. Copy of husband's basic life insurance beneficiary designation confirmation letter showing wife as primary beneficiary.
  18. Copy of husband's employment emergency contact detail showing wife as emergency contact.
  19. Copies of medical bills mailed to both of us at our residence.
  20. Letter of affidavit from husband's parents. Attesting to our relationship and marriage.
  21. Copy of flight email itinerary confirmation for our January 2011 Journey to Greece.
  22. Few photos of us taken over the last couple of years.

You can trying going to you local branch and having one of the reps. Add here to your account. Also you can log on to your citi account and manage the users. I as well have citi and my husband is on my acct. and my statements come under BOTH our names, It take effect right away and on the next bank statement you should see your wife name on it.

You may want to take poof of address for her, ID, passport etc... This are some document they asked for me. Also you can print the form online to added a someone to your bank acct. or call citi and have them mail it to you.

Hope this helps good luck!

~* GodsGift225*~

Timeline

You can trying going to you local branch and having one of the reps. Add here to your account. Also you can log on to your citi account and manage the users. I as well have citi and my husband is on my acct. and my statements come under BOTH our names, It take effect right away and on the next bank statement you should see your wife name on it.

You may want to take poof of address for her, ID, passport etc... This are some document they asked for me. Also you can print the form online to added a someone to your bank acct. or call citi and have them mail it to you.

Hope this helps good luck!

"It take effect right away and on the next bank statement you should see your wife name on it."

This statement is misleading. I just spoke to Citi today during lunch break & according to them, it takes 2 months for the joint statement (having an authorized user). My wife was added to my credit card a month ago & today I got the statement. The statement has all her transaction amounts but not her name. As per Citi, her name will appear on statements from next month. it takes Citi 2 full month cycle for statement with both names.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

just make a copy of both credit cards togather on the same sheet they have your name an one has her name, just black out the last 4 numbers on the cards.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

just make a copy of both credit cards togather on the same sheet they have your name an one has her name, just black out the last 4 numbers on the cards.

They already sent their application today. Not sure why they are asking this after sending it. :unsure:

Timeline

"Black out the last 4 numbers on the cards" Not sure if you realize who we all are dealing with!! Would you also prefer to black out your social security number!! Trust me, USCIS knows everything about you anyway. Why would you want to do something which looks inappropriate and regret? I have sent everything as it is, credit card numbers, bank letter with account number.

FYI, USCIS has all you financial record from I-864 stage. Didn't we all submitted all the financial records during initial visa process? Why would you want to act in a different way now?

Timeline

They already sent their application today. Not sure why they are asking this after sending it. :unsure:

My initial post just about credit card statements. :bonk: It's not like I am unsure of my surroundings or stuck with something. If I needed help I would have said so. This post was just for general dicsuccion about joint credit card statements. IMHO, i get a inner feeling that no one gets joint credit card statements except the letter & copy of cards. :ot2:

Filed: Other Timeline

I had a joint credit card with my husband few months before I adjusted and the months I used my card, my name is documentd on the statement with my purchase detail. I was able to use it as proof. The months that I don't use the card my name is not documented.

We also sent out the "crappy" letter that showed I was added the first time.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.