Imi1122

My Husband Visa Denied! what I do next? Please HELP ME!!

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi everyone.

I am desperate! my husband visa was denied on January 23/2012. The interview was only 20 mins in the USA Embassy in Casablanca, Morocco. They ask him all kind of unfair questions, he bring pictures, conversations for 5 years, receipt of rent of the houses and apartments we rent there and they didnt give him a chance to show them nothing!He was treated really bad and my husband left the embassy feeling so depress and rejected. Yesterday I call USCIS they say I need to wait 120 days for them to answer me about their decision. I dont know what to do now? Some people say I need to re-apply all over again for him and others say I dont. Do I need a lawyer? Do I re-apply? Do I wait for ever? Please anyone answer me.This situation is taking a tool on me I am getting so depress I start to see a Psychiatrist and counseling and start to take medication too. Please help me !! :(

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Deep breathing will get you through the moment. It is a bit late but your husband should write down EVERY detail of the day and send it to you. You need to read this at least 20 times no close that 30 minutes to the last time. Once you have done this make a list of 10 things he did wrong and 10 things he did right. Then write down your red flags and defects in your petition in the order you think they affected the outcome. By the time you have done this you will be a little calmer and have a good start at the data needed to know what to do next.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

How awful I'm so sorry :( Why they didn't want to see his proof?? You have to be strong and I know it's easier said than done.Some one with more experience I'm sure will tell you what can be done.Maybe call your congressman and senator to help you.I wish you the best (F)

VMnmm7.pngrSeTm7.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

one post containing non-English that translates to gibberish instead of a translatable language has been removed. Please use English only when responding outside of the Regional forums so everyone is able to understand the post.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Yesterday I call USCIS they say I need to wait 120 days for them to answer me about their decision.

that's not really all of the process, alas.

the casefile will be sent back to NVC, who will send it back to uscis. Once it's there, it'll get reviewed. IF, after reviewing it, they find no cause for that denial at the IV unit, they will re-affirm the petition and it'll get sent on to the IV unit for another interview.

IF, they do find cause for denial, yer given ONE change to submit more information. You'll get a letter about this, and it'll contain very specific instructions for what they want, and what they want you to do. Regardless of what they ask for, do be prepared to submit all of that 'evidence pile' that he carried in on interview day. It wasn't added to the casefile THEN, so this will be your one shot to get it added to the casefile in the future.

IMO, 120 days is just a 'bullsh|t' answer - it could take anywhere from 120 days to 400 days, depending on queues. There are several queues in this process - and this process is new for your casefile, also...

Good Luck. Read a lot in the 221G and waivers forum here. You'll learn a lot, and you'll need to learn a lot prior to receiving 'that letter' from USCIS, so that you'll be prepared IF you're offered a chance to submit more evidence.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

There are several people this has happened to in Casa.

They used to deny fiance visas, couples would get married, and then they'd approve the spousal visas. But, now the consulate is denying both fiance and spousal fiance more regularly it seems.

There is a lot of information in the MENA forum, especially from women who have had similar experiences in Casa.

Important red flags in Casa that need to be addressed prior to interview ---

- has husband been involved with any American women in the past?

- has he ever been petitioned for a visa to America before?

- is there a large age difference, with wife being much older?

- is there a language barrier - what language did your husband do the interview in?

- was there a short time between meeting, and getting engaged, and/or married?

- how many times did wife visit before marrying?

Those are some I can think of off the top of my head that they look at in Casa.

What are the "unfair" questions they asked, adn what about them made them unfair?

Hi everyone.

I am desperate! my husband visa was denied on January 23/2012. The interview was only 20 mins in the USA Embassy in Casablanca, Morocco. They ask him all kind of unfair questions, he bring pictures, conversations for 5 years, receipt of rent of the houses and apartments we rent there and they didnt give him a chance to show them nothing!He was treated really bad and my husband left the embassy feeling so depress and rejected. Yesterday I call USCIS they say I need to wait 120 days for them to answer me about their decision. I dont know what to do now? Some people say I need to re-apply all over again for him and others say I dont. Do I need a lawyer? Do I re-apply? Do I wait for ever? Please anyone answer me.This situation is taking a tool on me I am getting so depress I start to see a Psychiatrist and counseling and start to take medication too. Please help me !! :(

Also, re: getting depressed and desperate - the people going through this seem to do best when they are able to see the silver lining in the situation. Yes, the denial isn't what you were expecting, but it also gives you an opportunity to prepare more for your spouse's arrival to the US, potentially visit Morocco a few more times, etc. It's not the end of the world. Even though it's upsetting, you can get through it and remaining calm helps you get through it and get the work done that's needed to turn things around.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

** Moving from CR-1 to MENA forum as the Moroccan consulate is famous for this sort of thing ****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Maybe call your congressman and senator to help you.

Don't bother! :thumbs:

The Senator's office cannot persuade an agency to reach a favorable outcome.

I-130

2011-08-20 Posted

2011-08-31 NOA1

2011-09-03 Touch

2011-11-18 Sent Expedite Request to USCIS

2011-12-09 Response Received for Exepedite Request

"Wait your turn" in a nutshell

2011-12-02 Sent Expedite Request to US Representative Ed Royce

2012-01-27 Sent Expedite Request to Immigration Ombudsman

2012-02-02 Sent Expedite Request to Senator Barbara Boxer

2012-02-02 Sent Expedite Request to Senator Dianne Feinstein

2012-03-08 Case transferred to field office for additional processing

2012-03-23 Now being processed at a USCIS office

2012-05-10 Transferred to another office for processing

2012-05-14 Now being processed at a USCIS office

2012-06-05 Approved NOA2

2012-07-17 NVC Case/Invoice # Received

Petitioner: US Born Citizen (Wife)

Beneficiary: British Born Citizen (Husband)

Your I-130 was approved in 279 days from your NOA1 date

Don't bother! :thumbs:

The Senator's office cannot persuade an agency to reach a favorable outcome.

No, but they can potentially provide support, be helpful at getting more information than you've gotten, etc. It doesn't always work or help, but it's worth a try.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

No, but they can potentially provide support, be helpful at getting more information than you've gotten, etc. It doesn't always work or help, but it's worth a try.

Exactly It's worth TRY :thumbs: Adriene H No one said for them to persuade an agency to reach a favorable outcome. :bonk: Maybe they can offer some help

VMnmm7.pngrSeTm7.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I'm sorry to hear that :(

Cheer up!!

October 2009: Met each other

Jan 23, 2011: Engaged!!!

Oct 18, 2011: Officially Married

Nov 19, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago

Nov 29, 2011: NOA1 Noticed Date

May 2, 2012: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!

May 9, 2012: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail

June 1,2012: NVC received file

June 1,2012: NVC case number assigned

June 21,2012: NVC case number assigned

June 21,2012: AOS invoice received

June 21,2012: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on June 22,2012)

June 23,2012: Mailed AOS package

June 25,2012: AOS Package delivered

June 21,2012: IV bill invoiced

June 21,2012: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on June 21,2012)

June,29,2012: Mailed IV package

July,02,2012: IV package delivered

July,11,2012: Case Completed

Aug,01,2012: Interview Date assigned

Sep,04,2012: Interview Date

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm sorry to hear that but never give up

Met online : 2009
Married : 07/28/2010

USCIS
Send I-130 : 06/08/2011
Touched : 06/13/2011
got a NOA1 by e-mail and SMS : 06/15/2011
got "I-797C" hard copy of NOA1 : 06/20/2011
got RFE "I-797E" : 10/15/2011
RFE Reply : 12/15/2011
Touched : 12/16/2011
I-130 Approved : 12/20/2011
got "I-797" hard copy of NOA2 : 12/24/2011
Your I-130 was approved in 183 days from your NOA1 date.

NVC
NVC Case Number : 01/13/2012
Pay "$88" AOS Bill and e-mailed DS-3032 : 02/08/2012
Email from NVC, DS-3032 Accepted : 02/09/2012
AOS Fee Shows PAID : 02/09/2012
IV fee invoiced "$404" : 02/10/2012
IV fee invoiced "$230" : 04/18/2012
Pay "$230" IV Bill : 04/30/2012
IV Fee Shows PAID : 05/02/2012
Send AOS and IV packet : 06/09/2012
AOS and IV packet Received : 06/22/2012
Case completed at NVC : 06/29/2012

Interview Date : 08/28/2012 "Denied"

Case Reaffirmed : 07/16/2013

Second interview - Approved : 10/24/2013

Visa Issued : 10/29/2013

Visa in hand : 10/31/2013

For more details please visit my timeline

485.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.