Harsh_77

What is the purpose of this site?

87 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

When my mom came down at Christmas, she taught me how to cook a turkey dinner and meat pies. Should she have said she was coming to the USA to teach personal cooking classes? I don't think so. I think the issue in the other thread is similar (in my opinion). One mother giving helpful advice and guidance to her daughter. Hardly illegal. It was a grandmother doing what grandmothers do!

Is that your view or as per USCIS?

That’s exactly was the argument what you think and what USCIS goes by are two different thing.

If we go by your logic visa of expecting mother’s parent should never be rejected, unfortunately it is always other way around… when someone discloses they are going to help expecting daughter CO hardly would ever approve the visa.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

It's really simple, the visitor visa is for "visits with friends or relatives". If the true purpose of the trip is to visit family, then you should end it at that.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1262.html

Timeline

It's really simple, the visitor visa is for "visits with friends or relatives". If the true purpose of the trip is to visit family, then you should end it at that.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1262.html

Can you please explain this to some of our Canadian friends.... :)

I have tried it over and over but it seems they don't get it.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

\ did you actually read what I wrote on this thread, because if you did you would know what I was getting at. People get visitor visa all the time, and all I said was why even mention a specific reason/topic of said purpose of the trip when it can be further from the truth. It makes it appear as if that is the main purpose of the trip and be construed as work. I imagine when people enter the US and talk with CBP officers, and when they are asked the purpose of the trip they just say visiting family/friends (not about watch children, cooking, and etc).

BTW, If I was a know it all I wouldn't be on this site. This site has been an invaluable tool for me on the immigration process for my wife.

Timeline

My in-laws have a 10 year visitor visa to come visit their son and daughter. It's never been an issue with the consulate so I'm not sure what you two knowitalls are on about.

When your in-law applied was your wife expecting and did they tell VO purpose of the trip was to help expecting daughter?

Has ever your in-law told the POE purpose of the visit is help expecting daughter?

Filed: Timeline

Lol..... dude you dont have to read if you don't want to.

Are you telling what I can and cannot read? I definitely believe that would be a TOS violation.

Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Forums.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

in certain ways i agree with Harsh, cuz some MOD's really support illegal ways on here and always on the side of the OP.

if you post something and it is something illegal then ppl can tell you that. its really annoying and special the one MOD harsh had problems with as well. seems to really support illegal behavior on here.

with the whole visit and be with your grandchildren thing. if you wanna visit your grandchildren do so, if you wanna apply for a visa to be with your family do that but from your home country.

and in the one thread from Harsh, it really started that he had to defend himself and he got attacked by other ppl, no MOD said anything about that. when he wanna speak his mind and opinion on it, then let him be.

Visa Journey:

K1:

Service Center: Vermont Service Center

Consulate: Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F Sent: 10-13-2010

I-129F NOA1: 10-18-2010

I-129F NOA2: 04-05-2011

Consulate Received: 04-15-2011

Packet 3 Received: 04-29-2011

Packet 3 Sent: 04-30-2011

Packet 4 Received: 05-07-2011

Interview Date: 06-07-2011