Harsh_77

What is the purpose of this site?

87 posts in this topic

I liked this sentence!

I think they a word!

(Will I ever figure out how to multi-quote? Probably not)

Edited by Evylin

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

I have. I just.

Speechless.

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Harsh_77, I have to wonder what you think about those of us who came over on K1 visas. I was cleaning our apartment DAILY before I got my EAD and Green card (well, I still do lol). And cooking dinner for my husband too! Should we have hired a maid and cook? By your logic, I was acting illegally, doing the same thing that a visitor may do to help out around the house when visiting, only I was (am) doing it pretty well full time. I fail to see that. Just as I fail to see how a mother coming to visit her daughter to help with a newborn baby is illegal too.

Edited by sherrybaby

formerly sherrybaby

ROC Process

12-13-2013 * 90 day window to apply opens

02-24-2014 * ROC package sent to USCIS Vermont Service Center

02-25-2014 * ROC package received at USCIS Vermont Service Center

02-26-2014 * NOA1 notice date

02-28-2014 * Cheque cashed

03-05-2014 * Biometrics notice date

03-28-2014 * Biometrics Appointment in Baltimore

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

American CultureIn order to understand it better, you should consider the difference between American and

U.S., the family is much more narrowly defined as the spouse and the minor children under the For most purposes, parents or in-laws are not considered as part of the family.

Many females who work get six to eight weeks of maternity leave and are expected to

that. Even mother or mother-in-law (or generally parents or in-laws) do not stay with married son's family. There is no concept of joint family. Most mothers or mother-in-laws would not stay

daughter-in-law during or after the delivery. And of course, there are many single parents who the children.

Therefore, from the U.S. perspective, it does not seem necessary or mandatory for mother or mother

present during or after the delivery.

Baby Sitting and Maid WorkIf your relatives are visiting the U.S. to take care of you and the baby, you would not be hiring the day care provider. Therefore, you are considered depriving the U.S. workers of their

visa is not allowed as your relatives are babysitting which is considered work. Baby sitting is considered the baby sitter is considered to be working, whether the person is getting paid for it or not.

grandmother is working for free which is not allowed.

If your relatives are helping you to take care of the housework, you are depriving

cleaning job.

If the intention of the relatives is to indeed help with baby sitting and the house work, many of up extending their stay and would want to come frequently and stay excessively, all of those factors the actual intentions of the visitors visa and the consular officers already know this. That is why mention pregnancy as the reason to visit the U.S.

ExpectationsThe consular officer is looking for improving the U.S. economy and people spending money shopping by the visitors, rather than loss to the economy in terms of baby sitting and maid work concerned about unauthorized work.

Arguments in FavorIt is completely understood no matter what baby sitter or nanny you hire, she can not provide emotional support and will not be present 24/7 with you that mother or mother-inneed.

If the infant is awake all night or wakes up a dozen times, you are not going be able to service providers for that. Close relatives like mother or mother-in-law can not be compared providers.

It is also understood that no matter what cleaner or cook you can hire, it is not the same members living together in a joint family. It simply can not be compared with.

However, such cultural and social matters have no place in the U.S. immigration law

gud info

tfs

4027-dil-ko-choo-jaye-gi-shayari-collection-heart_91.gif?d=1205939495

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Harsh_77, I have to wonder what you think about those of us who came over on K1 visas. I was cleaning our apartment DAILY before I got my EAD and Green card (well, I still do lol). And cooking dinner for my husband too! Should we have hired a maid and cook? By your logic, I was acting illegally, doing the same thing that a visitor may do to help out around the house when visiting, only I was (am) doing it pretty well full time. I fail to see that. Just as I fail to see how a mother coming to visit her daughter to help with a newborn baby is illegal too.

I guess you just don't seem to understand, What I am saying is not something I just dreamed about and wrote it.

I do not make laws either, all I am saying is that is how USCIS views it.

Now if you worked illegally or not USCIS has to make the call, I don't make the call..... :)

Filed: Timeline

I guess you just don't seem to understand, What I am saying is not something I just dreamed about and wrote it.

Now if you worked illegally or not USCIS has to make the call, I don't make the call..... :)

Well, if you really want to push the analogy, K-1's are work authorized by law, for 90 days after reaching their POE, and once they file for adjustment of status. The DHS doesn't give permission to work with the EAD, it just provides a document that can be shown to an employer at the time of hire. So, technically, if we are going on what the USCIS thinks, then we would be comparing apples and oranges, if you want to continue being that pedantic in your thinking.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

dude you are making perfect sense but i advise you to stop bcoz most ppl here not interested in these info's you are freely giving. let them learn from their own experience, its the best teacher.

4027-dil-ko-choo-jaye-gi-shayari-collection-heart_91.gif?d=1205939495

I do understand your point, I really do! The fact is that it is a very fine line. It could also depend on the country. Since there are some countries that have more difficulty with immigration in the first place, perhaps they also have a harder time having family come visit, let alone help out with a family member. Canada is not a high fraud country and border crossing is easy as we don't need visas to go back and forth for visits.

formerly sherrybaby

ROC Process

12-13-2013 * 90 day window to apply opens

02-24-2014 * ROC package sent to USCIS Vermont Service Center

02-25-2014 * ROC package received at USCIS Vermont Service Center

02-26-2014 * NOA1 notice date

02-28-2014 * Cheque cashed

03-05-2014 * Biometrics notice date

03-28-2014 * Biometrics Appointment in Baltimore

• 5 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

If people are concerned about jobs here, the first thing that should be done is cancel the H1B visa program. That's a start.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

If people are concerned about jobs here, the first thing that should be done is cancel the H1B visa program. That's a start.

Holy Moly, We Agree On Something! 40 points to Gryffindor ! You Rock !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !