Harsh_77

What is the purpose of this site?

87 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

yeah right, the parent is just going coming over to help with the baby.. of course she is there to visit too.. you can't separate the two.. :wacko: Most mom's natural instinct is to help.

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

yeah right, the parent is just going coming over to help with the baby.. of course she is there to visit too.. you can't separate the two.. :wacko: Most mom's natural instinct is to help.

I dont make the laws.. USCIS does and unfortunately USCIS does not think that way.

USCIS does not go by natural insitinct, most parent get their visa application rejected when they mention they are going to US to help expecting daughter.

My parents rent a car and drive me around when they visit... wait, I could have hired a driver. Oh, they are USCs.... dang....

Harsh... dude...

You are mixing up so many things it's hard to keep track. Yes, people have been denied tourist visas because they say they are going there to "take care of the baby." I think most people on this forum know that if parents come solely for the purpose of taking care of a baby so the parent can go back to work and avoid paying a babysitter then that is no good. But don't you understand that if a parent is visiting and the mother would not hire a nanny anyway, and the parent offers to change a diaper, that is not illegal work? It's not work at all! I really think the people that are denied for "taking care of the baby" are really denied for presumption of immigrant intent and not their poor use of language, anyway.

For the thread in question, however, the parents already had a tourist visa and were in the US. The poster was asking about AOS. You barged in and told the OP (actually continually berated the OP) that their parents were doing illegal work. Whether or not those people were doing illegal work did not belong in that thread because it didn't matter either way... any illegal work (which they were not doing) is irrelevant for AOS because the parent are immediate relatives of a USC.

I thought you knew where to draw the line, but now you really think a visiting parent cannot pack a box because a mover can do it? You want to stand by that statement?

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Well thanks for the permission. :)

American CultureIn order to understand it better, you should consider the difference between American and

U.S., the family is much more narrowly defined as the spouse and the minor children under the For most purposes, parents or in-laws are not considered as part of the family.

Many females who work get six to eight weeks of maternity leave and are expected to

that. Even mother or mother-in-law (or generally parents or in-laws) do not stay with married son's family. There is no concept of joint family. Most mothers or mother-in-laws would not stay

daughter-in-law during or after the delivery. And of course, there are many single parents who the children.

Therefore, from the U.S. perspective, it does not seem necessary or mandatory for mother or mother

present during or after the delivery.

Baby Sitting and Maid WorkIf your relatives are visiting the U.S. to take care of you and the baby, you would not be hiring the day care provider. Therefore, you are considered depriving the U.S. workers of their

visa is not allowed as your relatives are babysitting which is considered work. Baby sitting is considered the baby sitter is considered to be working, whether the person is getting paid for it or not.

grandmother is working for free which is not allowed.

If your relatives are helping you to take care of the housework, you are depriving

cleaning job.

If the intention of the relatives is to indeed help with baby sitting and the house work, many of up extending their stay and would want to come frequently and stay excessively, all of those factors the actual intentions of the visitors visa and the consular officers already know this. That is why mention pregnancy as the reason to visit the U.S.

ExpectationsThe consular officer is looking for improving the U.S. economy and people spending money shopping by the visitors, rather than loss to the economy in terms of baby sitting and maid work concerned about unauthorized work.

Arguments in FavorIt is completely understood no matter what baby sitter or nanny you hire, she can not provide emotional support and will not be present 24/7 with you that mother or mother-inneed.

If the infant is awake all night or wakes up a dozen times, you are not going be able to service providers for that. Close relatives like mother or mother-in-law can not be compared providers.

It is also understood that no matter what cleaner or cook you can hire, it is not the same members living together in a joint family. It simply can not be compared with.

However, such cultural and social matters have no place in the U.S. immigration law

Edited by Harsh_77

This link seems to be censored. I'm sure it's awesome though.

Respond to Harpa! I wasn't kidding when I said I was out of words to deal with you. :lol:

Edited by Evylin

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I dont make the laws.. USCIS does and unfortunately USCIS does not think that way.

USCIS does not go by natural insitinct, most parent get their visa application rejected when they mention they are going to US to help expecting daughter.

are you just assuming this are do you actually know people who have been?

mvSuprise-hug.gif

American CultureIn order to understand it better, you should consider the difference between American and

U.S., the family is much more narrowly defined as the spouse and the minor children under the For most purposes, parents or in-laws are not considered as part of the family.

Many females who work get six to eight weeks of maternity leave and are expected to

that. Even mother or mother-in-law (or generally parents or in-laws) do not stay with married son's family. There is no concept of joint family. Most mothers or mother-in-laws would not stay

daughter-in-law during or after the delivery. And of course, there are many single parents who the children.

Therefore, from the U.S. perspective, it does not seem necessary or mandatory for mother or mother

present during or after the delivery.

Baby Sitting and Maid WorkIf your relatives are visiting the U.S. to take care of you and the baby, you would not be hiring the day care provider. Therefore, you are considered depriving the U.S. workers of their

visa is not allowed as your relatives are babysitting which is considered work. Baby sitting is considered the baby sitter is considered to be working, whether the person is getting paid for it or not.

grandmother is working for free which is not allowed.

If your relatives are helping you to take care of the housework, you are depriving

cleaning job.

If the intention of the relatives is to indeed help with baby sitting and the house work, many of up extending their stay and would want to come frequently and stay excessively, all of those factors the actual intentions of the visitors visa and the consular officers already know this. That is why mention pregnancy as the reason to visit the U.S.

ExpectationsThe consular officer is looking for improving the U.S. economy and people spending money shopping by the visitors, rather than loss to the economy in terms of baby sitting and maid work concerned about unauthorized work.

Arguments in FavorIt is completely understood no matter what baby sitter or nanny you hire, she can not provide emotional support and will not be present 24/7 with you that mother or mother-inneed.

If the infant is awake all night or wakes up a dozen times, you are not going be able to service providers for that. Close relatives like mother or mother-in-law can not be compared providers.

It is also understood that no matter what cleaner or cook you can hire, it is not the same members living together in a joint family. It simply can not be compared with.

However, such cultural and social matters have no place in the U.S. immigration law

So basically you're using as your source of information on this topic a website that has no connection with USCIS, is written in poor English and provides no links to official information on this topic.

Got it.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

So basically you're using as your source of information on this topic a website that has no connection with USCIS, is written in poor English and provides no links to official information on this topic.

Got it.

Pretty much.

I take it back, Harsh.

You're absolutely correct. You've won me over.

And of course, there are many single parents who the children.

I liked this sentence!

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

For a hoot, read their disclaimer. I tried to copy and paste but they've disabled that function.

Put succinctly, they claim they don't link to official info because that official info is often wrong, and if they did there would be no reason for their website. Which of course is MUCH more useful than official info.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que