been34

joint sponsorship

21 posts in this topic

hi my wife at interview for her cr 1 visa today in manila philippines she got a letter that she need a joint sponsorship how long she got to take the i-864 back to the us embassy in manila and can a joint sponsorship get denied

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi my wife at interview for her cr 1 visa today in manila philippines she got a letter that she need a joint sponsorship how long she got to take the i-864 back to the us embassy in manila and can a joint sponsorship get denied

Hello,

If they didn't tell her when they want the documents back, I'm guessing you can email the Embassy and ask; regardless though, you should be getting your co-sponsor as soon as ...yesterday! Don't wait to see if the Embassy gives you a deadline! GET TO IT!

BTW You have posted your question on the K1 part of the forum. You can report your own message and ask a moderator, to please move your question to the appropriate section.

good.gif

From my understanding and many, many posts out there... Manila will accept joint sponsors for CR1 visas... However,

they routinely deny them for K1 (Fiancee Visas)

regards,

dc

hi been ,did u filed ur wife with co sponsor?did they give her 221g,(the white form)indicating her lackings?..im with d same boat with ur wife,after my interview they also ask me to submit the w2 & 1040 of my husband's co sponsor,i immediately sent it to them via 2g0,until now i havent received my visa yet,we tried calling usem many times and they said that it s still under review....just immediately submit what they are asking her to submit and then u just wait for that visa..dont wait for their notice.. :) :) :)

hi been ,did u filed ur wife with co sponsor?did they give her 221g,(the white form)indicating her lackings?..if so,im with d same boat with ur wife,after my interview they also ask me to submit the w2 & 1040 of my husband's co sponsor,i immediately sent it to them via 2g0,until now i havent received my visa yet,we tried calling usem many times and they said that it s still under review....just immediately submit what they are asking her to submit and then u just wait for that visa..dont wait for their notice.. :) :) :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

*Moved from K1 forum to IR1/CR1 forum*

The notice that she received should have a date for returning any needed documents. Most embassies allow you to return the docs anytime before that date.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

at the us embassy in manila philippines my wife went to the interview may 10 she need a co sponsorhow can how can i cancel the visa

Why she need a co-sponsor??

Jazel & Paul Stickel

January 2009 : met online via Filipino dating and singles site (Filipino Cupid);

chatting No E-mails.

February 2009 : arrived for first meeting in-person! We become friend.

September 2009 : arrived for second meeting in-person

February 2011 : Arrived for third meeting Engaged!!!

June 2011 : Propose to marry in 2012!!!

February 2,2012 : arrived forth meeting in person

February 3, 2012 : got the capacity to marry from the US Embassy Manila

February 14, 2012: Wedding ceremony at Municipality of Cainta, Rizal Philippines

February 16, 2012: signing the contract of marriage

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

Marriage (if applicable): 2012-02-16

I-130 Sent : 2012-05-07

I-130 NOA1 : 2012-05-14

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

why would you want to cancel the visa?

That was going to be my question! :unsure:

Our CR1 Journey

Met - 1/14/2010 // Engaged - 3/6/2011

K1 filed - 6/8/11 // Interview @ Mumbai Consulate - 1/5/2012: Denied // USCIS final decision - 3/15/2013; administratively closed and free to file again without prejudice

Married in Delhi - 1/30/2014

Sent I-130: 4/7/2014 NOA 1: 4/10/2014

NOA 2: 11/13/2014 (after 217 days)

NVC Received: 11/26/2014 (13 days from USCIS to the NVC)  // Case # & IIN # received - 12/29/2014 (via phone to NVC) Also sent email to get case transferred to New Delhi

NVC Welcome Letter received: 12/30/2014

Submit DS-261: 12/30/2014 // Paid AOS Bill: 1/2/2015  // Received IV Bill & Paid: 1/13/2015 (CEAC shows PAID 1/15/15) // DS-260 submitted: 1/17/2015

AOS & IV packages sent via FedEx: 1/19/2015  // AOS/IV packages received: 1/21/2015 @ 9:58 am (Signed for by: G. Waters) Scan date: 1/21/2015

60-Day Email from NVC: 1/24/2015 2nd 60-Day Email from NVC: 1/26/2015 (OK...I get it, it's taking 60 days.... sigh)

Reply from NVC re: Transfer to New Delhi : 2/16/2015 (Told to contact New Delhi...49 days wasted for no help at all!)

CASE COMPLETE!!: 3/12/2015 (50 days) // Case Complete Email Received: 3/19/2015 (7 days from CC date)

Interview Date Received via phone inquiry to NVC: 3/24/2015 // Packet 4 (Interview letter/Instructions) received: 3/25/2015

Medical Completed: 3/30/2015 // CEAC status: In transit to Mumbai and shows READY as of 4/1/2015

Biometrics Completed: 5/4/2015 // Received call from Embassy 5/11/2015 asking if we want to transfer to Delhi.....huh? One week prior to interview? Ummm.... no thanks!

INTERVIEW!! 5/18/2015 @ 7:30 am ~ Mumbai Consulate  RESULT: APPROVED!!!

Visa in hand: 05/20/2015 (Yay!) ELIS Fee ($165) paid this day as well

POE: 05/29/2015 Newark 

SSN card received: 6/8/2015 (processed on 6/2/2015) // ELIS shows "Optimized" since 5/30/2015  // ELIS changed to "In Process" 07/14/2015. (E-file received 06/25/15)

GREEN CARD RECEIVED!! 7/30/2015

ROC

Sent:  3/22/2017 | $680 Check cashed: 4/3/2017

NOA1: 3/30/2017 (Rcvd 4/3/2017)

Biometrics Appt letter received: 4/22/2017 - Biometrics date:  5/3/2017 - Done. Hubby said they were super friendly in the Pittsburgh field office! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

you don;t cancel the visa if she needs a co sponsor. just find someone who is willing to be a joint sponsor and submit the documents required to the embassy.

Did the consular officer approve your wife for a visa?

if she needs a co-sponsor the visa was not approved

if she needs a co-sponsor the visa was not approved

He's talking like his wife's visa was approved, but I think he's simply using the wrong terminology. He probably wants to cancel his petition.

I'm wondering how their case even got to the Embassy level without a joint sponsor.

Edited by Tahoma

when the petitioner does not meet the minimum income requirements a joint sponsor is needed

For CR-1'ers, isn't that all taken care of at the NVC stage of the process?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.