mikaele23

PLEASE HELP I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO NEXT

74 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

There is now a provision in the law where a person entering on a K1 can adjust status without marrying the petitioner. It's not an easy thing to qualify for, but it does exist.

Can you please share the link for all of us so we may read it? Thanks.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Cameroon
Timeline

Isn't Eretria is Greece? Why in world would you go to the embassy in Kenya (famous for being tough) and not to Athens? That doesn't make any sense to me. This whole story is strange.

Little precision Eritrea is in Africa, not in Greece, and Kenya is where the nearest US embassy is for eritreans.

OUCH, that sucks. Sorry to hear that. Don't marry her, figure out how to report her. Don't tell her you reported her. maybe you can call immigration once she agrees to come see you to marry you.

I think her "brother" is actually her lover...

Timeline

The VAWA route is only available for the SPOUSE of a US citizen or LPR. She didn't marry him. He could beat her to a bloody pulp. He'd face assault charges, but she couldn't get a green card out of it...

Thanks Jim, I wasn't aware of that part.

May your visa journey be smooth and speedy.

ENGAGED TO TROPICALROSE

ringhands4.jpg

Has anyone ever thought she is still in Eritrea? This wouldn't be the first scam where someone was sending all the fees and plan fare and nothing was spent on what it was supposed to go for. Are you talking on the phone or the internet? Try to get her to email you. The ip of the email should give a general idea of where she is.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: Timeline

i truelly appreciate everyone help on my situation.I have decided that i will not contact her anymore and i will ignore all her calls after 90 days i will call ICE again. In the end it will come back upon her.Thanks again everyone especially about letting me know about the VAWA i definatelly think she would have tried that route especially since she asking me to comethere instead of her coming her to me

Has anyone ever thought she is still in Eritrea? This wouldn't be the first scam where someone was sending all the fees and plan fare and nothing was spent on what it was supposed to go for. Are you talking on the phone or the internet? Try to get her to email you. The ip of the email should give a general idea of where she is.

We have talked on the internet TWICE and i talked 2 her on the phone a few times since she been in the US

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

There is nothing to discuss here. You have been scammed. Call ICE immediately. If you need to do so, also send in a letter to USCIS explaining the situation so that you will have documentation showing that you were not in on an effort to defraud the United States government. Remain in touch with the woman and do not alert her as to your plans to report her. If you have an idea of where she is, it will make it easier for Immigration to pick her up.

I'm really sorry that you are going through this. You have my sympathy.

Timeline

As evident by the fact that she didn't think about the fact that she needs to adjust status. Lol. I swear, some people think that once they scam themselves through CBP and they're in, they're invincible.

I don't think she cares about adjusting status. The Filipinos call this 'TNT' (tago ng tago); translated - in hiding.

So many illegals in this country, and now she is just one in millions.

Its sad that these things has happened to you but look on the brighter side AT LEAST YOU ARE NOT MARRIED TO HER.They are right when they said:

1. Dont see her anymore (just curious ,have you ever spend time with her when she "arrived" here in the States?)

2. Inform the authorities that are in charge with immigration matters.

3. If you communicate with her on email or phone have it all documented.

She thinks that she outsmarted you but she didnt.Shes only good here for 90 days and after that shed be in real trouble.I really feel for you but be strong things happen for a reason.She chose the path where she is right now so thats her call.Be happy that she has set you free for the supposed long time misery if she could have stayed with you with no love at all.Take care of yourself,no one could love you better but YOU. :)

OK, maybe you just misspelled Eritrea....and yes, there is no longer a US Embassy open there...in fact, the entire country is practically locked down.

anyway, in DC there is a large Eritrean immigrant population....in fact, a young male Eritrean was just arrested there for setting a fire that practically burned down an apartment building full of other Eritreans.

perhaps she is now homeless in DC or is driving/living in one of the Yellow Cabs found at Dulles or National airports.

OK, maybe you just misspelled Eritrea....and yes, there is no longer a US Embassy open there...in fact, the entire country is practically locked down.

anyway, in DC there is a large Eritrean immigrant population....in fact, a young male Eritrean was just arrested there for setting a fire that practically burned down an apartment building full of other Eritreans.

perhaps she is now homeless in DC or is driving/living in one of the Yellow Cabs found at Dulles or National airports.

i looked back and yeah i did misspell Eritrea b4 i just wrote not really looking at correct spelling yeah there is a big Eritrean immigration population there. She is supposedlly staying in Alexandria with her brother

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

i looked back and yeah i did misspell Eritrea b4 i just wrote not really looking at correct spelling yeah there is a big Eritrean immigration population there. She is supposedlly staying in Alexandria with her brother

Brother or no brother, she's still not behaving like a fiancee, that's very much in love with her other half and intends to marry him.

This is what I would do.

While I understand that you rather not have any more contact with her. I would definitely shoot her an email with some excuse to get an address. You can say you are sending her flowers, money (I liked this one..she'll bite) .. anything you can think of....

Then, after getting that address, THAT's when you don't contact her anymore.

devil.gif Totally my opinion, and OF COURSE, it's always up to you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.