6 posts in this topic

Well I haven't received it yet but I hope I'm close. It's just dawned on my that "conditional" seems like a rather flimsy arbitrary and worrying adjective to have describing your immigration status when you don't know what the conditions really are. I mean, do I have to meet some special circumstances do I get deported if I get a parking ticket? lol you know? Can someone give me the low down and this thing.

K-1 Visa Process

2/3 Petitioned K-1 Visa I-129F I-134 G-325A x2 E-1145 & supporting evidence + $350 to VT

9/3 Petition Approved

29/6 Case now in the hands of local consulate

28/7 Filed DS-230 DS-156 x2 DS-157 x2 DS-156k DS-2001 & supporting evidence to London

22/8 K-1 Interview scheduled! Setup medical appointment

10/9 Medical examination in London + $350

14/9 Medical results sent to US Embassy London

26/9 Attended K-1 Approval Interview in London

7/10 Passport/Visa!!! BOOKED FLIGHT!

Adjustment of Status

11/7 Vaccination records with I-693 paid $50

11/18 Filed AOS I-458 I-765 I-864 I-864A I-693 G-325A E-1145 & supporting evidence + $1070 to Chicago

12/7 Emailed with case numbers and delivery date for I-797C

12/10 NOA1 Physical copy I-797C for EAD & I-485 received

12/15 Biometrics Appointment letter received appointment scheduled

12/24 RFE for AOS: More tax return information

12/27 IRS Transcripts ordered

1/6 Biometrics appointment in ATL

1/17 Received Transcripts

1/19 Transcripts sent to MO

1/27 RFE accepted, case transferred to CSC

1/30 EAD moved into production

2/6 EAD arrives applied for SSN number

2/13 SSN number arrives

5/16 GC moved into production!

5/22 GC arrived Valid from 5-12-12

Removal of Conditions

22/4 overnighted ROC I-751 + $590

Well I haven't received it yet but I hope I'm close. It's just dawned on my that "conditional" seems like a rather flimsy arbitrary and worrying adjective to have describing your immigration status when you don't know what the conditions really are. I mean, do I have to meet some special circumstances do I get deported if I get a parking ticket? lol you know? Can someone give me the low down and this thing.

There are a number of conditions, some of those most people would not even think of. The main one being that you remained married and to same person that is. If case you are not, then a determination is done as to whether conditions can be removed and each case is different. In that respect, you can say that it is to some extent arbitrary as in some cases thre could be some subjective judgements; but, they control; the game and the rules of the game...That said, it does not mean things are done in an arbitrary fashion and for the most part, objective reasoning and merits are weighted. I'd say to not worry that much.

Notice that even if you remain marry to same person, a removal can happen. How? You could be married but living in 2 diffrent states. There could be valid reasons for that, but generally, there needs to be proof that a marriage bonafide relation is happening. The point is that USCIS want some assurance that the marriage is legit. You would be surprised to see what some people try to pull.

But there are related 'conditions', for example, if you end up accused and convicted of a felony, that could be cause for removal (even if you had a non-conditional GC). Many things are considered felonies and more than one has been surprised to lear that the stupid thing they just did were one and thus cause deportation.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

It's less about your marriage and more about being a good citizen. Obeying the laws, etc. Not traffic tickets, but major crimes. Hopefully they won't be an issue. :)

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

It's less about your marriage and more about being a good citizen. Obeying the laws, etc. Not traffic tickets, but major crimes. Hopefully they won't be an issue. :)

Welcome back Roger, being squared away is the key.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

The long and short of it is that you remain married to your USC petition for the 2 years then you file a joint petition to Remove Conditions 90 days before the card expires. If you divorce during this time you MUST file ROC immediately and ask that the "condition" of joint filing be waived with evidence that you had a bonafide relationship.

There are of course the criminal issues (domestic violence is a biggie as well as felonies), and like any greencard you have residency requirements...

So basically just live your married life here in the US, don't commit and crimes and you should be fine :)

You are a legal permanent resident (once you get approved) and have all the same rights and responsibilities as any other Legal Permanent Resident. The only difference is that your card is only good for 2 years at the start and you fill out a different form to get a new card.

It is designed to prevent marriage fraud; it does not mean you are anything else but a Legal Permanent Resident.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.