26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hii everyone,

Today has been 1 month and 4 days since I rcvd the NOA1 and I am going crazy thinking how much longer this will take because I´ve seen ppl taking up to a year.... I am very desperate now thinking what should I do whether I can move or simply just continue working and waiting for any reply for them. I hope this process won´t take much longer. =(

Ye2qm6.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hii everyone,

Today has been 1 month and 4 days since I rcvd the NOA1 and I am going crazy thinking how much longer this will take because I´ve seen ppl taking up to a year.... I am very desperate now thinking what should I do whether I can move or simply just continue working and waiting for any reply for them. I hope this process won´t take much longer. =(

You just have to sit back and wait. When its done trust me it will all seem like a distant memory.

You have a wedding date listed- i hope you are not making too many plans, it seems very close for the Visa process to be done in that time.

Filed: Timeline

I hope that you have back-up plan because I see in your signature that you are planning to marry in 3,5 months, maybe I might be incorrect but your vsia is not going to be approved in 3,5 months!!!

If you do marry when your visa is not approved yet then you have to start over again with a CR-1/IR-1 visa.

Good Luck with your journey.

Timeline

Hii everyone,

We were hoping to get it done by that time.. But anyway if it´s not done by July or August I will go and stay with him in UK till it´s done.. Because I was told between 5 and 6 months.. But if longer than that I won´t be able to stay here without him =(.. Thank u for ur response though..

Ye2qm6.png

It's 5-6 months to get your NOA2 then about 2 more months for medical and interview scheduling. You've filed after we did and we're not hoping to have the visa any sooner then September and are planning to move in October then marry in November/December. Any earlier than that is a bonus. You should get involved in wedding planning or a hobby of some sort to help pass the time so you're not crawling the walls.

In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.
~~Albert Schweitzer

8lrSm4.png
Meg and Alan

Initially filed for K1 visa - Feb 23 2012

Due to circumstances beyond our control, we've abandoned this application

We married on Aug 24, 2013 in a small ceremony in MA

We'll be applying for a CR1 / IR1 visa as soon as we are able

Watch this space for updates!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

The general and most prudent recommendation is to NOT make ANY definite wedding plans, or leave deposits, or reservations until you have the visa in your hands! There are too many potential delays on this visa journey.

Good luck on your visa journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

I am close to the 5 months mark, and it seems my wedding plans are bye bye at this point.

USCIS [*] 22 Nov. 2011 - I-129 package sent; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - Package delivered; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - NOA1/petition received and routed to the California Service Center; [*] 30 Nov. 2011 - Touched/confirmation though text message and email; [*] 03 Dec. 2011 - Hard copy received; [*]24 April 2012 - NOA2 (no RFEs)/text message/email/USCIS account updated; [*] 27 April 2012 - NOA2 hard copy received.

NVC [*] 14 May 2012 - Petition received by NVC ; [*] 16 May 2012 - Petition left NVC.

EMBASSY [*] 18 May 2012 - Petition arrived at the US Embassy in Bucharest; [*] 22 May 2012 - Package 3 received; [*] 24 May 2012 - Package sent to the consulate, interview date set; [*] 14 June 2012 - Interview date, approved.

POE [*] 04 July 2012 - Minneapolis/St.Paul. [*] 16 September 2012 - Wedding Day!

AOS/EAD/AP [*] 04 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package sent; [*] 07 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package delivered; [*] 12 February 2013 - NOA1 text messages/emails; [*] 16 February 2013 - NOA1 received in the regular mail; [*] 28 February 2013 - Biometrics letter received (appointment date, March 8th); [*] 04 March 2013 - Biometrics walk-in completed (9 out of 10 fingerprints taken, pinky would not give in); [*] 04 April 2013 - EAD/AP card approved; [*] 11 April 2013 - Combo card sent/tracking number obtained; [*] 15 April 2013 - Card delivered.

[*] 15 May 2013 - Moved from MN to LA; [*] 17 May 2013 - Applied for a new SS card/filed an AR-11 online (unsuccessfully), therefore called and spoke to a Tier 2 and changed the address; [*] 22 May 2013 - Address updated on My Case Status (finally can see the case numbers online); [*] 28 May 2013 - Letter received in the mail confirming the change of address; [*] 31 July 2013 - Went to Romania; [*] 12 September 2013 - returned to the US using the AP, POE Houston, everything went smoothly; [*] 20 September 2013 - Spoke to a Tier2 and put in a service request; [*] 23 September 2013 - Got "Possible Interview Waiver" letter (originally sent on August, 29th to my old address, returned and re-routed to my current address); [*] 1 October 2013 - Started a new job.

event.png

Trying to get the word out about our struggles:

http://voices.yahoo.com/almost-legal-citizen-but-not-quite-12155565.html?cat=9

You have barely begun the waiting.. It takes 7-8 months from the day you filed the I-129F until you have the visa in your passport assuming that everything goes smooth.

And you shouldn't make any plan until you have visa in hands.

Today has been 1 month and 4 days since I rcvd the NOA1 and I am going crazy thinking how much longer this will take because I´ve seen ppl taking up to a year.... I hope this process won´t take much longer. =(

Your timeline says "Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between July 26, 2012 and August 4, 2012". Then there's National visa Center and London embassy. So he could get the visa 2-3 months after early August. However looking at his photo, I am wondering if he was born in the UK, as well as his parents. If he is middle eastern, Pakistani, or Indian especially with a common name like Muhammad then he will most likely have additional processing after the visa interview. That can take weeks to many months with no way to speed it up. You might want to read the posts from this couple http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/347369-are-you-currently-in-administrative-processing/ They are waiting for a decision since an October interview.

I am very desperate now thinking what should I do whether I can move or simply just continue working and waiting for any reply for them.

It would be helpful for you to continue working as you have to prove you earn enough for them to grant him a visa and later prove it again for his greencard. I guess I don't understand why you want to quit working. Did I miss something?

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Hii everyone,

If you can't handle being separated for a month, how are you goung ti handle being separated for a year?

Instead of wishful thinking that he'll be here in a couple months, you need to accept that many people like you have to wait up to a year. Your case is no different from theirs.

You're young. You haven't learned enough about patience. You'll survive the separation. It will make your relationship stronger. You'll learn to appreciate each other more when you're together.

Do not quit your job because you'll regret it when it comes time to file the affidavit of support.

Make the grownup decisions. Be patient. Do not do anything silly that will hurt your long term plans. Don't try shortcuts. Do exactly what is needed by the US Embassy to get your husband a visa.

Edited by aaron2020

Timeline

Hii everyone,

you're kidding right? You are desperate after a month, yet those who have been waiting way longer are not? If you can't wait 6 months, how much of a chance do you think your relationship really has?

Timeline

Well, thank you everybody for your opinions.. I just felt this was what I was supposed to do because he didn´t adapt to my other country due to language issues and of course culture.. Now I just moved here to New York and thought of applying for him because statistics say it will take about 6 months in total for the process to be ready.. I just started to work here and I feel lonely without family or friends and specially without him... About the tax returns I will do an affidaivit of support and somebody will be backing me up.. Just want to know if it would be possible to move back to my country ¨Costa Rica¨ till the process is done and while he is approved because I know it does take a while and I am not sure how long I really want to be here on my own.

Thanks to everybody once again..

you're kidding right? You are desperate after a month, yet those who have been waiting way longer are not? If you can't wait 6 months, how much of a chance do you think your relationship really has?

Ye2qm6.png

Hi There

I don't mean to take the wind out of your sail but there is soooo much more to this process than waiting a few months for the approval. In a perfect world you will be done with the first part in about 7-9 months. If not so lucky and you missed something in your petition you will receive an RFE that will add a couple more months onto your timeline. Then if things really hit the fan and you get a denial... well then the process begins again.

Trust me make no plans until you have the visa in the hand of the beneficiary. You need your job to prove you can support the two of you for awhile. By all means take a couple of vacations accumulate more proof of your relationship.

This process is not for the faint of heart.

So find your strength and carry on.

I wish you a speedy journey..

Terri

Fiance visa

04/28/2011 - I-129F - DENIED

02/18/2012 - I-129F petition filed
02/24/2012 - NOA1
09/04/2012 - NOA2, 193 days

Interview:10/22/2012
POE: 10/26/2012 (245 days)

Removal of Conditions

Filed for ROC - 06/09/2015

NOA1 for ROC - 06/12/2015

Biometrics appointment - 07/17/2015

Approval for ROC - 04/20/2016 (316 days)

Naturalization Process

N-400 Filed 06/10/2016

N-400 NOA1 06/14/2016

N-400 biometrics 06/20/16

N-400 interview 01/23/2017

N-400 Oath ceremony 02/10/2017

Immigration Process took 2116 days.

just think positive, make yourself believe ull get it faster than other people. thats what i did and it helped me get through it. 3 months and something passed fast

148280zkcv79ffi3.gifDeeDee & Sam 426064ng1n3ghbqw.gif

766837489_784932.gif

from filling I129F to POE- exactly 6 months

for k1 steps and dates check my timeline
AOS approved took 7 months you can chack my timeline for details

ROC

October 6th- mailed package

as1cJVfNw2k0710MTMybHN8MDQyMTdqc3xXZVwnd

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well, thank you everybody for your opinions.. I just felt this was what I was supposed to do because he didn´t adapt to my other country due to language issues and of course culture.. Now I just moved here to New York and thought of applying for him because statistics say it will take about 6 months in total for the process to be ready.. I just started to work here and I feel lonely without family or friends and specially without him... About the tax returns I will do an affidaivit of support and somebody will be backing me up.. Just want to know if it would be possible to move back to my country ¨Costa Rica¨ till the process is done and while he is approved because I know it does take a while and I am not sure how long I really want to be here on my own.

Thanks to everybody once again..

The pain is terrible, but do have Skype and Webcam. Instead of quitting, SAVE your money and travel to him as often as you can (you will need those proofs anyway that you met and continue to have a relationship after you NOA1).

I have made trips back to the Philippines (7500 miles one way from San Diego) for a 3 day weekend trip (people think I am crazy for wasting money, but when you miss someone that much, money is less important).

Save money. Webcam each day. Think of your happy future. It is all worth it in the end. Don't do anything that will mess up the K1 process.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.