Adnan&Liane

Are you currently in ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING?

ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Approximately how long have you been in AP for?

• 1 month or less
    • 2 months
    • 3 months
    • 4 months
    • 5 months
    • 6 months
    • 7 months
    • 8 months
    • 9 months
    • 10 months
    • 11 months
    • 12 months or more
  2. 2. What region is your consulate in?

• United Kingdom
    • Middle East & North Africa
    • Other

23 posts in this topic

Hi everyone! I am trying to find others who are in a situation similar to ours and collect information. I hoping that it might give myself and others greater understanding and peace of mind when it comes to Administrative Processing (aka torture).

My husband is a UK citizen, was born in London and currently lives there. However, he lived in Morocco for a large part of his life growing up. He is a young muslim male. He travels around Europe a lot as well as back and forth to see his family in Morocco. Also, he has a common name. We were married on Dec 22, 2010 and applied for the CR1 visa. He had his interview on October 21, 2011 and was given the blue form indicating that our case was being put in administrative processing. They did not keep his passport. Since, I have called the DOS once. She said our case was in London (not Washington) and that the processing was being done at the consulate. We are not able to check our visa status online, which I believe is only for non-immigrant cases (based on assumption).

Please help me to compile more information by copying the questions below and answering in your post. I would especially like to hear from everyone who is undergoing AP at the london consulate, particularly if you have a muslim background or have lived in a muslim country at any point. Please share as much information about your case as possible. Thank you!

This thread is for all of those who are currently in AP. I have also posted the same questions for those who have completed AP under the General Polls forum called ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING POLL & QUESTIONNAIRE.

At what stage were you put into AP (USCIS, NVC, or Embassy level)?

What type of visa are you applying for?

What was the date of your interview?

Did they keep your passport at the interview?

What color was the handout that indicated you were being put into AP?

Are you able to check your AP status online?

What country is the beneficiary from?

Is the beneficiary male or female?

How old is the beneficiary?

What is the beneficiary's religious background?

What is the beneficiary's cultural background?

What is the beneficiary's highest education level?

What is the beneficiary's profession?

Does the beneficiary have a common name?

Does the beneficiary travel frequently?

Has the beneficiary ever lived or travelled to the Middle East/North African region?

How long have you been in AP for?

Other Comments:

Edited by Adnan&Liane

God delays but doesn't forget.

event.png

At what stage were you put into AP (USCIS, NVC, or Embassy level)? Embassy Level

What type of visa are you applying for? CR1

What was the date of your interview? October 21, 2011

Did they keep your passport at the interview? No

What color was the handout that indicated you were being put into AP? Blue

Are you able to check your AP status online? No

What country is the beneficiary from? London, United Kingdom

Is the beneficiary male or female? Male

How old is the beneficiary? 23

What is the beneficiary's religious background? Muslim

What is the beneficiary's cultural background? Moroccan

What is the beneficiary's highest education level? University

What is the beneficiary's profession? Bartender/Photographer

Does the beneficiary have a common name? Yes

Does the beneficiary travel frequently? Yes (Europe and Morocco)

Has the beneficiary ever lived or travelled to the Middle East/North African region? Yes, to Morocco frequently

How long have you been in AP for? 87 days

Other Comments:

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I would answer your survey and still will if you want me to but i think its pretty obvious why we are still in AP... most pakistani males get mandatory checks. A few get visas within a 1-3 months.. others are left waiting for months. Just let me know what you want me to do :) Good luck on your AP and quest for understanding :)

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You might want to post in the MENA forum.

Everybody goes through AP, for most they would never be aware of it.

It is unusual for people going through London to notice unless they have a MENA etc connection.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Hi EAbbas! Yes - please still fill it out if you don't mind. I already know why we are all stuck in this frustrating process, but I am just hoping to make some connections with timing since they won't tell us anything. I know that every case is different, but I am hoping to see if there is any connection with any of these factors I have listed and if it takes significantly longer. It may mean nothing and it just takes as long as it takes...but I am going crazy and I feel like I have to do something. I cannot imagine waiting 7 months-3 months in AP is torture enough...my heart goes out to you! I hope you hear good news soon...I feel so bad for all of those from Pakistan - it seems like it is the worst when it comes to AP! When is the last time you saw your husband? I have not seen mine since we were married in December 2010. Thanks for your response!

event.png

Hi Boiler,

Thank you for your response. The reason I did not post in MENA is because I am trying to find anyone else in my same situation. I know it is much less common in London, but I hope to find anyone else who has been through the process and to see how long it has taken for them. I've already read the hundreds of posts in the MENA forum and I welcome their input here as well - but I would really like to see some london feedback. Thanks again! :)

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

YEs you are right its complete torture but at the same time he and i both agree the checks need to be done but 6 months should be enough time. Im planning a trip again to see him soon.. i haven't been with him in a year. Right now the bank i work for is going thru some big changes so i need to plan my trip so i can retain my job.. Im sure everything will work out for all of us... it's just the waiting that's painful.. in the end we will be together. :)

At what stage were you put into AP (USCIS, NVC, or Embassy level)? Embassy Level

What type of visa are you applying for? CR1

What was the date of your interview? June 15, 2011

Did they keep your passport at the interview? yes

What color was the handout that indicated you were being put into AP? green

Are you able to check your AP status online? No

What country is the beneficiary from? Karachi, pakistan

How old is the beneficiary? 25

What is the beneficiary's cultural background? Pakistani

What is the beneficiary's highest education level? University

What is the beneficiary's profession? travel agent

Does the beneficiary have a common name? no

Does the beneficiary travel frequently? no

Has the beneficiary ever lived or travelled to the Middle East/North African region? lived in pakistan all his life

How long have you been in AP for? 7 months

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Timeline

For what it is is worth, probably not a lot, I have only seen 2 cases of English/Scottish/Welsh/Irish be in noticeable AP. It was never clear why.

Otherwise they have all had overseas connections.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Here's people I remember off the top of my head who got AP in London

Knight and Magpie 4 weeks - female born in India, left as infant, British citizenship

Linkin-4 weeks -student in UK-India

MARM - 6 months-Pakistani student in UK- http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=57966

Treehugger- male-white british born and bred- 7-8 months then never heard from him again-no common name, travel, etc. ticked no boxes

DairyFarmer-2 months -Australian female

Bad Dogi- 8 weeks- fiance was middle Eastern. He didn't name country.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Hi everyone! I am trying to find others who are in a situation similar to ours and collect information. I hoping that it might give myself and others greater understanding and peace of mind when it comes to Administrative Processing (aka torture).

My husband is a UK citizen, was born in London and currently lives there. However, he lived in Morocco for a large part of his life growing up. He is a young muslim male. He travels around Europe a lot as well as back and forth to see his family in Morocco. Also, he has a common name. We were married on Dec 22, 2010 and applied for the CR1 visa. He had his interview on October 21, 2011 and was given the blue form indicating that our case was being put in administrative processing. They did not keep his passport. Since, I have called the DOS once. She said our case was in London (not Washington) and that the processing was being done at the consulate. We are not able to check our visa status online, which I believe is only for non-immigrant cases (based on assumption).

Please help me to compile more information by copying the questions below and answering in your post. I would especially like to hear from everyone who is undergoing AP at the london consulate, particularly if you have a muslim background or have lived in a muslim country at any point. Please share as much information about your case as possible. Thank you!

This thread is for all of those who are currently in AP. I have also posted the same questions for those who have completed AP under the General Polls forum called ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING POLL & QUESTIONNAIRE.

At what stage were you put into AP (USCIS, NVC, or Embassy level)?

What type of visa are you applying for?

What was the date of your interview?

Did they keep your passport at the interview?

What color was the handout that indicated you were being put into AP?

Are you able to check your AP status online?

What country is the beneficiary from?

Is the beneficiary male or female?

How old is the beneficiary?

What is the beneficiary's religious background?

What is the beneficiary's cultural background?

What is the beneficiary's highest education level?

What is the beneficiary's profession?

Does the beneficiary have a common name?

Does the beneficiary travel frequently?

Has the beneficiary ever lived or travelled to the Middle East/North African region?

How long have you been in AP for?

Other Comments:

You will probably get better feedback if you post in the correct thread

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

At what stage were you put into AP (USCIS, NVC, or Embassy level)? Embassy

What type of visa are you applying for? K1

What was the date of your interview? October 19, 2011

Did they keep your passport at the interview? No

What color was the handout that indicated 2 you were being put into AP? Blue

Are you able to check your AP status online? i don't know how to do it, as i know you can check your status online if your case is at USCIS level only!

What country is the beneficiary from? Lebanon ( had interview at London)

How old is the beneficiary? just turned 25

What is the beneficiary's cultural background? Lebanese

What is the beneficiary's highest education level? some college after high school

What is the beneficiary's profession? he is studying in the UK at the moment

Does the beneficiary have a common name? No

Does the beneficiary travel frequently? No, just Lebanon and the UK

Has the beneficiary ever lived or travelled to the Middle East/North African region? He was born in Lebanon and lived there till he's 23 that's when he came to the UK to study and he is been there since then.

How long have you been in AP for? since October 19

Timeline

You can not.

Hi Basher,

Thank you for filling out your info... There is a link on the London Consulate page that allows some to check their AP status - but I believe it is only for non-immigrant cases. Here is the link just for reference: http://london.usembassy.gov/administrative_processing.html

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.