unlockingsky

what is the best handgun and shotgun in america?

139 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

what is the best handgun and shotgun in america?

just for self defense and the gun is likely stay in-home.

There really is no "best,' buy the best quality weapon you can afford, at a reasonable price and what you're comfortable with.

For a handgun, all of the above applies and it should to fit your shooting hand comfortably. By all means, get a caliber that will get the job

done should you ever need to take care of business, my preference is .45 caliber, no offense to the 9mm crowd.

Glock makes a great product and has a very large and loyal crowd, but your choice of manufacturers is wide. Take a look at SiG,

Walther and Springfield (the Springfield XD) which is a good rival to Glock.

A shotgun doesn't need to be an expensive model/brand for home use, you want function, quality but whats practical. In 12 or

20 gauge, I think most guys would opt for the 12 ga. as would I. Get the shortest barrel and overall length possible, with the heaviest

3" magnum buckshot you can find.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

For self defense handguns it is hard to beat a good quality M1911 .45 There are a numnber of manufacturers that would fall into the "good quality" description.

For a shotggun any good quality pump or semi-auto 12ga. Remington M870 express is a good one.

I love the 1911.... Simply and very effective.

My daily carry piece is a Taurus PT1911, my show piece is an STI Grand Master, and my backup (in home) is a Smith and Wesson 916 Eastfield riot gun. Outdoors, a Les Baer A-4 with acog. Those are my protection!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

At our bedside is the following:

Belgian Sheepdog, 60 lbs, all black, large white teeth, lean fighting shape and deep, loud bark!

Rock Island 1911 .45 with night sights and laser grips and Black Talon HPs.

Remington 870 pump action 12 GA with extended magazine and night sights, first two rounds birdshot, next two rounds slugs, final rounds #4 Buck. Also with sling with attached additional rounds loops.

For the lady: .38 Colt Detective Special

After all this you'd have a variety of other arms and caliber to withstand!!

Please call first!

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

for home defense - i say - it's the one you are most comfortable with.

any shooting ranges around your area? many of them 'rent guns ' at their ranges, you should go, try out a few models at the range, see how it feels in yer hand, see if it makes sense when you hold it.

A powerful weapon that you can't use quickly as an extension of yerself is useless, IMO.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Belgian Sheepdog, 60 lbs, all black, large white teeth, lean fighting shape and deep, loud bark!

Remington 870 pump action 12 GA with extended magazine and night sights, first two rounds birdshot, next two rounds slugs, final rounds #4 Buck. Also with sling with attached additional rounds loops.

Please call first!

Yes, I think calling first would be appropriate!!!! Lol.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Category4_750001_750051_769651_-1_757767_757751_image

Smith & Wesson Governor

NTRODUCING THE NEW GOVERNOR®

NEW. VERSATILE. LIGHTWEIGHT. The Smith & Wesson Governor revolver puts six rounds of customizable response under your control. Load with .410 2 1/2" shotshells, .45 ACP or .45 Colt - alone or in combination - and hit your target in every situation. Plus, it's from the leading expert in revolver manufacturing over the last 159 years. Now that's confidence.

1. Superior Low Light Tritium Night Sight

2. Patented, heat-treated scandium alloy frame for superior strength and reduced weight

3. Shock Absorbing Grip (Optional Crimson Trace® Grip)

4. Six round capacity - 2 round/6 round moon clips included

97315bf71714a7542f70b3d525c1502b.jpg

Edited by Why_Me

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Timeline

97315bf71714a7542f70b3d525c1502b.jpg

Nice!

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

Nice!

That kind of covers the shotgun/handgun issue in one single package.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Timeline

That kind of covers the shotgun/handgun issue in one single package.

Yeah, that .45 Colt would be devastating alone and a double whammy when fire before or after the .410 round.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I would like to note that somehow this thread got placed in the RUB forum and remains here! :dance: Not complaining, it is the best place for it and glad to have it!

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Please call first!

WOW. Must be a bad neighborhood.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Holy Jesus...... I will MISS peaceful Australia

i heard from friends that you can be drunk in australia and everyone is still nice to you. i wish united states was like that.

"Family time is very precious and you should cherish every moment of it."

01/20/12 - I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox.

01/26/12 - NOA1 received and processing at Vermont.

06/28/12 - NOA2 announced on status check.

06/29/12 - NVC received case learned on 07/2/12.

06/30/12 - Hard copy NOA2 received.

07/09/12 - NVC Casefile Number and IIN Issued.

07/16/12 - Receive and Sent DS-3032 via email.

07/17/12 - Mailed DS-3032 via mail, AOS bill received via email, paid online, Optin email sent.

07/18/12 - Optin accepted and new case number, AOS marked paid, emailed AOS packet.

07/24/12 - Assigned as Agent, IV Fee bill received via email, paid online.

07/25/12 - IV Fee marked paid, emailed IV packet.

07/31/12 - Emailed GZO Supplemental Packet 3.

08/02/12 - Case completed and commenced final review.

08/03/12 - Shipped all copies of forms/letters/documents to my wife - arriving on 8/9/12.

08/06/12 - Case completed final review.

08/09/12 - Appointment letter received via email interview date set 9/6/12.

08/14/12 - Medical exam done.

08/15/12 - Medical exam results all normal.

09/06/12 - Submitted required documents at the embassy and interview set next day at 0730.

09/07/12 - Visa approved, click here for review http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=10401 .

09/14/12 - Visa received on hand!

10/07/12 - Arrived at NYC! click here for review http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-poe-reviews.php?entry=15293

10/20/12 - Received welcome letter from USCIS.

10/25/12 - Green Card received!

"Nothing is more difficult than the art of maneuvering for advantageous positions." - Sun-Tzu

04/27/13 - Submitted DS-160 online for parent-in-laws and sister-in-law.

05/01/13 - Paid DS-160 or MRV Fee Payments on CGI Stanley.

05/03/13 - Made appointment for 05/16/13 on CGI Stanley.

05/16/13 - Arrived at GUZ and impromptu notice on the front it was closed.

05/30/13 - B2 visa interview passed! Read review here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/433263-b2-visa-was-approved-for-parentinlaw/ <p>

"Good ideas are not adopted automatically. They must be driven into practice with courageous patience." - ADM Hyman G. Rickover

08/08/14 - Mailed I-175 application.

08/11/14 - I-175 arrived at VSC.

08/18/14 - Received NOA1 with date 08/12/14.

08/27/14 - Received biometrics appointment for 09/09/14.

02/27/15 - GC in production from email notification.

03/02/15 - Received NOA2 with approval dated 02/25/15.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

WOW. Must be a bad neighborhood.

No actually somewhat in the country. Have 5 acres and never have issues with unwanted visitors.....item #1 is always out and about and can be very verbal if he warrants it needed.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I would like to note that somehow this thread got placed in the RUB forum and remains here! :dance: Not complaining, it is the best place for it and glad to have it!

actually, he started the thread in here as you invited him.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.