unlockingsky

what is the best handgun and shotgun in america?

139 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yeah....I REALLY want to move my family to "peaceful Australia"

Since the brilliant gun-control measures:

-Between 1995 and 2007, Australia saw a 31.9 percent decrease; without a gun ban, America's rate dropped 31.7 percent.

-During the same time period, all other violent crime indices increased in Australia: assault rose 49.2 percent and robbery 6.2 percent.

-Sexual assault -- Australia's equivalent term for rape -- increased 29.9 percent.

-Overall, Australia's violent crime rate rose 42.2 percent.

-At the same time, U.S. violent crime decreased 31.8 percent: rape dropped 19.2 percent; robbery decreased 33.2 percent; aggravated assault dropped 32.2 percent.

-Australian women are now raped over three times as often as American women.

http://www.ncpa.org/...rticle_ID=17847

Gun haters don't believe in stats.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Being drunk isn't a reason to shoot somebody.

"i heard from friends that you can be drunk in australia and everyone is still nice to you. i wish united states was like that."

wow! how did you correlate/associate my previous sentence that i explicit/implicit stated that you can shoot people because you are drunk?

i think someone was drunk making this correlation/association notion. :lol:

"Family time is very precious and you should cherish every moment of it."

01/20/12 - I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox.

01/26/12 - NOA1 received and processing at Vermont.

06/28/12 - NOA2 announced on status check.

06/29/12 - NVC received case learned on 07/2/12.

06/30/12 - Hard copy NOA2 received.

07/09/12 - NVC Casefile Number and IIN Issued.

07/16/12 - Receive and Sent DS-3032 via email.

07/17/12 - Mailed DS-3032 via mail, AOS bill received via email, paid online, Optin email sent.

07/18/12 - Optin accepted and new case number, AOS marked paid, emailed AOS packet.

07/24/12 - Assigned as Agent, IV Fee bill received via email, paid online.

07/25/12 - IV Fee marked paid, emailed IV packet.

07/31/12 - Emailed GZO Supplemental Packet 3.

08/02/12 - Case completed and commenced final review.

08/03/12 - Shipped all copies of forms/letters/documents to my wife - arriving on 8/9/12.

08/06/12 - Case completed final review.

08/09/12 - Appointment letter received via email interview date set 9/6/12.

08/14/12 - Medical exam done.

08/15/12 - Medical exam results all normal.

09/06/12 - Submitted required documents at the embassy and interview set next day at 0730.

09/07/12 - Visa approved, click here for review http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=10401 .

09/14/12 - Visa received on hand!

10/07/12 - Arrived at NYC! click here for review http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-poe-reviews.php?entry=15293

10/20/12 - Received welcome letter from USCIS.

10/25/12 - Green Card received!

"Nothing is more difficult than the art of maneuvering for advantageous positions." - Sun-Tzu

04/27/13 - Submitted DS-160 online for parent-in-laws and sister-in-law.

05/01/13 - Paid DS-160 or MRV Fee Payments on CGI Stanley.

05/03/13 - Made appointment for 05/16/13 on CGI Stanley.

05/16/13 - Arrived at GUZ and impromptu notice on the front it was closed.

05/30/13 - B2 visa interview passed! Read review here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/433263-b2-visa-was-approved-for-parentinlaw/ <p>

"Good ideas are not adopted automatically. They must be driven into practice with courageous patience." - ADM Hyman G. Rickover

08/08/14 - Mailed I-175 application.

08/11/14 - I-175 arrived at VSC.

08/18/14 - Received NOA1 with date 08/12/14.

08/27/14 - Received biometrics appointment for 09/09/14.

02/27/15 - GC in production from email notification.

03/02/15 - Received NOA2 with approval dated 02/25/15.

Just a tad off the track here but don't you have to be a US citizen to own a gun and have to have a concealed weapons permit to carry one n your person outside of your home? Genuine question cause I don't know.

US citizen yes, permit...not in my state. The Bolshevik states require US citizens to have permits to carry a hand gun, but in my state and a few others they still respect the Constitution of the United States of America and do not require said states citizens to have any permit whatsoever. Here in Alaska I can carry a gun on my side and another one concealed with no permit whatsoever.

"i heard from friends that you can be drunk in australia and everyone is still nice to you. i wish united states was like that."

wow! how did you correlate/associate my previous sentence that i explicit/implicit stated that you can shoot people because you are drunk?

i think someone was drunk making this correlation/association notion. :lol:

She gets like that when she forgets to take her hormone pills. :wacko:

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Just a tad off the track here but don't you have to be a US citizen to own a gun and have to have a concealed weapons permit to carry one n your person outside of your home? Genuine question cause I don't know.

No. Permanent residents can buy guns and own guns in ANY state. Some (but not all) states allow permanent residents to have concealed permits and some states, like Vermont HAVE NO LAW against carrying concealed which means ANYONE can do it, even a visitor from Australia.

There are NO restrictions on the POSSESSION of a fireamr for lawful purposes. For example, you could come from Australia to visit me in my home in Vermont and I can GIVE you a gun to carry concealed while you are here. Perfectly legal. You could not buy your own, but you cn possess one.

Vermont has the lowest crime rate in the western hemisphere because we allow ANYONE the means to defend themselves.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

US citizen yes, permit...not in my state. The Bolshevik states require US citizens to have permits to carry a hand gun, but in my state and a few others they still respect the Constitution of the United States of America and do not require said states citizens to have any permit whatsoever. Here in Alaska I can carry a gun on my side and another one concealed with no permit whatsoever.

She gets like that when she forgets to take her hormone pills. :wacko:

Not correct Kip. Alla has been buying guns as a stated Permanent Resident and used her green card as ID to purchase firearms. No problem. She bought me a new skeet gun for "Men's Day" Permanent residents ARE allowed to buy and own guns.

Seh just became a citizen Monday, so she bought the guns as an LPR.

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Not correct Kip. Alla has been buying guns as a stated Permanent Resident and used her green card as ID to purchase firearms. No problem. She bought me a new skeet gun for "Men's Day" Permanent residents ARE allowed to buy and own guns.

Seh just became a citizen Monday, so she bought the guns as an LPR.

Here in the great state of Illinois, Alla can not obtain her state FOID until she has her 10 year GC, then she's good to go.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

Vermont has the lowest crime rate in the western hemisphere because we allow ANYONE the means to defend themselves.

haha... i love vermont... all about respect and honor in vermont.

btw. i found out that it takes years to get a hand gun license in nyc. looks like i will be sticking with my sword.

Edited by unlockingsky

07/17/12 - Mailed DS-3032 via mail, AOS bill received via email, paid online, Optin email sent.

07/18/12 - Optin accepted and new case number, AOS marked paid, emailed AOS packet.

08/03/12 - Shipped all copies of forms/letters/documents to my wife - arriving on 8/9/12.

09/06/12 - Submitted required documents at the embassy and interview set next day at 0730.

09/07/12 - Visa approved, click here for review http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=10401 .

10/07/12 - Arrived at NYC! click here for review http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-poe-reviews.php?entry=15293

"Nothing is more difficult than the art of maneuvering for advantageous positions." - Sun-Tzu

05/30/13 - B2 visa interview passed! Read review here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/433263-b2-visa-was-approved-for-parentinlaw/ <p>

"Good ideas are not adopted automatically. They must be driven into practice with courageous patience." - ADM Hyman G. Rickover

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

haha... i love vermont... all about respect and honor in vermont.

btw. i found out that it takes years to get a hand gun license in nyc. looks like i will be sticking with my sword.

Stun gun vs sword - who would win?

kill_bill_-sword.jpg

Taser-stun-gun-006.jpg

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

My favorite (out of what is currently 7) is the Glock 26 (9mm) No safety. No complications. Just point and shoot

Advised to spend a little time at the range and learn to point correctly sport.

what is the best handgun and shotgun in america?

just for self defense and the gun is likely stay in-home.

i don't get it.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

By even the slightest chance the sword wielding samurai cuts the hookup wire after the gun is fired - the guy with the stun gun might regret the encounter.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Timeline

Here in the great state of Illinois, Alla can not obtain her state FOID until she has her 10 year GC, then she's good to go.

And Chicago has had a 60% increase in homicide so far this year. Sounds like a good plan. :wacko:

I guess I should clarify, I referred to FEDERAL law. Some states have some further restrictions on firearms ownership. So far anyway. We are working on it. Vermont has no laws regarding selling firearms which exceed the Federal requirements.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Advised to spend a little time at the range and learn to point correctly sport.

i had been around (not served) in the military and got the greatest chance of firing off the m16 and seen a chamber explosion. other than that I had bird hunting experience when i as around 10yr w/ a longbarrel 12 gauge.

By even the slightest chance the sword wielding samurai cuts the hookup wire after the gun is fired - the guy with the stun gun might regret the encounter.

if your strike it fast enough, you would be able to slice the wires as they are coming. at least it is better than catching a arrow with your hand. :lol:

And Chicago has had a 60% increase in homicide so far this year. Sounds like a good plan. :wacko:

I guess I should clarify, I referred to FEDERAL law. Some states have some further restrictions on firearms ownership. So far anyway. We are working on it. Vermont has no laws regarding selling firearms which exceed the Federal requirements.

me dislike anti-law gun w/ exception of banning assault rifle... that is just overkill for defense. i would definitely :D give a exception for this

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

me dislike anti-law gun w/ exception of banning assault rifle... that is just overkill for defense. i would definitely :D give a exception for this

OK, then, define "assault rifle" please, to the best of your ability. (please keep your emotions out of the definition!)

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.