AndyMisiu

I told you so!!!

72 posts in this topic

That's what get's me... Folks who congratulate you with one hand but plot to scold you with the other. How can folks truly embrace whatever sincerity rest within a statement if the backspin is negative? Just my opinion... Andy has been around here for awhile and I have never seen him write negative remarks. I'm sure that he was joking with the other members...

Edited by Uling

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Why were you sending a letter to have your case expedited? Most get approved in three months but lately some are longer. IT seems like it was just your time to be approved.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
Well the story does not end there....

Sure i am personally glad of the positive outcome. The part i find obnoxious is the absolutely immature approach of rubbing it in to those who may have expressed pessimistic views during his quest for this outcome.

I congratulate you on your tenacity but you have thumbs down for the aftermath: yes your statement was certainly childish. PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here!! Here!! You said it so well, exactly how many of us about "his" case and "his" very childish attitude about his mistreatment. Geeezzz he wasn't even half-way patient. From the very beginning he's been whining. He basically told everyone on this site that if you didn't whine and complain about your case and write letters and made phone calls, then we're losers. But not him, he's a "winner" because he whines and complains until he gets his way. Heck, without proper help and guidance from another VJ member helping him to write his letter, we would all have to continue to endure his soooo irritating postings on here. God speed and get the heck out of here and leave the rest of us in peace. Kiss your bumper? I wish that bumper you refer to would kiss you. You filed with Vermont for goodness sake. Vermont filers wait hardly any time at all to begin with. And you haven't been the only post IMBRA person to have to file the IMBRA paperwork anyway. I will never feel sorry for you even though Kirsten seems to think you have the right to gripe and complain. I feel real sorrow for people who have been waiting since March. I feel real sorrow for the guy and his fiance who waited a year for their petition while it languished in security checks for no good reason. Do I think this whole process is fair or right? NO!!!! But everyone's general attittude toward this guy has been the result of him running his mouth and copping a very big attitude. There is NO end of the story until him and others like him are GONE from VJ.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

seriously, that is not the best way to share your good news. How about a little humility? You got your good news why the heck do you need to rub it in all over the place? I'm sorry but it made me laugh to see how you had an infopass appointment and emailed here and there before your 3 months were even up. I guess you think you are more special than everyone else. Boohoo.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Um, I think sometimes its great to feel like a kid again, be overjoyed, and even to rub it in a little when I'm right and some one else is wrong.... so what the heck, I'm just gona come right out and say it with all my heart....

NEEENER NEEENER NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENERRRRRRRRRRR!!!!! :P:lol::dance:

Edited by TucsonBill

I-129f Journey:

2006-07-17 I-129F sent to CSC

2006-07-24 NOA1 (received)

2006-10-05 RFE (received)

2006-10-06 RFE (returned to CSC)

2006-10-23 NOA2

2007-01-29 Visa Approved!

2007-02-17 Ceremony in Thailand

2007-02-21 POE LAX - Fiance and her daughter enter the USA together, Easy-Peasy!

2007-03-05 Wedding in USA

AOS Journey:

2007-06-07 AOS for spouse and daughter sent

2007-06-16 NOA's arrive, (issued on the 13th)

2007-07-05 Biometrics

2007-07-13 Received RFE (Mailed on July 3rd)

2007-08-06 Returned RFE

2007-10-16 Interview date

2007-10-27 Green Cards Received!

ROC (I-751) Journey:

2009-07-24 Joint I-751 for spouse and daughter sent

2009-08-03 Received NOA1 dated 7/27/09

2009-08-03 Received Receipt and one year extension for wife

2009-08-03 Received "Verification Of Incusion Of A Dependent" for step-daughter

2009-08-27 Biometrics

2009-11-13 Green Cards Received

Citizenship Journey:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
Is it possible someone could help me???

What did you have in mind? What would you like to do? I'm listening...

January 2004: Met Laurent at the Bibliothèque nationale in Paris

February 2004: We became an actual couple

January 29th, 2006: I left France to return to the United States--AWFUL to say goodbye!

June 2006: Finally convinced Laurent that a K-1 visa would be more time-effective than trying to get an H-1

August 1st, 2006: The K-1 petition is finally in the mail and on its way to Nebraska...WooHoooo!! And yes, I remembered to attach the check! :-)

August 3rd, 2006: USPS online tracking shows that my petition (sent certified) was received at the NSC at 5:05am

August 14th, 2006: NOA1 received USPS!! (I-129F recv'd at CSC: 8/4; NOA date: 8/10; last touched: 8/11)

October 2nd, 2006: I MISTAKENLY thought we had an approval...False alarm...Back to waiting...

October 3rd, 2006: TOUCHED!!

October 4th, 2006: REALLY AND TRULY APPROVED!!! Email notification lists 10/3 as the NOA2 date.

Later that same day: TOUCHED...AGAIN! Hope that means I'm in a cozy box and moving to NVC this week...

October 10th, 2006: Received official NOA2 via snail mail.

October 19th, 2006: Case received at NVC!! AWESOME!!

October 20th, 2006: Case forwarded to Paris!! DHL says two shipments were headed that way. Must be in there somewhere...

October 27th, 2006: Received official receipt letter from NVC via USPS.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Dear, KitKat1, regeccajo, and devilette.

You can kiss my bumper, just kiss it!! :P

Wow, real classy. Have fun in the Foreign Embassy & AOS portions of your journey, Karma is a ######.

Sept 10 I-129F sent to TSC

Interview - February 13th APPROVED! day 152

April 6 - wedding date day 204

Aug 22 - AOS interview date day 101-total days 342

Sept 29 - green card arrives, done until June 2008 day 140-total days 381

June 30 - I-751 mailed total days 1025

March 9 - Removal of Conditions approved! total days 1277

Timeline
That's what get's me... Folks who congratulate you with one hand but plot to scold you with the other. How can folks truly embrace whatever sincerity rest within a statement if the backspin is negative? Just my opinion... Andy has been around here for awhile and I have never seen him write negative remarks. I'm sure that he was joking with the other members...

I'm inclined to agree, Uling. Andy has a particular sense of humor. I think he's just exercising it. Everyone's sense of humor is different. Seems like there are some here for whom interaction with Andy is just apples and oranges. That's o.k. Happens to all of us. I say, "If they don't get him, they don't get him."

I guess what makes me truly sad, though, is all the tension and acrimony that gets perpetuated on this site in the name of trying to police how others should feel, behave, think, act--and how many people end up feeling defensive, frustrated, and upset, subsequently feeding the cycle...Sigh...

It seems to me that if you don't like what someone is doing, the first thing to do is to extend yourself in trying to clear up misunderstandings and differences. If that doesn't work, it seems to me the best course of action is to just leave things alone...let people be where they are. They may get what you're saying down the road. Or conversely, you may start to get what THEY'RE saying. Time and patience are a good policy.

Break the cycle. It's just advice that no one has to follow, but if you don't like what someone is saying or doing--and continuing to bat away at the person and/or argument isn't working--try politely disengaging. We're all going through difficult processes. We all get testy with each other from time to time. But why make our lives more unpleasant with unnecessary rancor? Reaction only fuels reaction..

Edited by Kirsten L

January 29th, 2006: I left France to return to the United States--AWFUL to say goodbye!

June 2006: Finally convinced Laurent that a K-1 visa would be more time-effective than trying to get an H-1

August 1st, 2006: The K-1 petition is finally in the mail and on its way to Nebraska...WooHoooo!! And yes, I remembered to attach the check! :-)

August 3rd, 2006: USPS online tracking shows that my petition (sent certified) was received at the NSC at 5:05am

August 14th, 2006: NOA1 received USPS!! (I-129F recv'd at CSC: 8/4; NOA date: 8/10; last touched: 8/11)

October 2nd, 2006: I MISTAKENLY thought we had an approval...False alarm...Back to waiting...

October 4th, 2006: REALLY AND TRULY APPROVED!!! Email notification lists 10/3 as the NOA2 date.

Later that same day: TOUCHED...AGAIN! Hope that means I'm in a cozy box and moving to NVC this week...

October 20th, 2006: Case forwarded to Paris!! DHL says two shipments were headed that way. Must be in there somewhere...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm inclined to agree, Uling. Andy has a particular sense of humor. I think he's just exercising it. Everyone's sense of humor is different. Seems like there are some here for whom interaction with Andy is just apples and oranges. That's o.k. Happens to all of us. I say, "If they don't get him, they don't get him."

I guess what makes me truly sad, though, is all the tension and acrimony that gets perpetuated on this site in the name of trying to police how others should feel, behave, think, act--and how many people end up feeling defensive, frustrated, and upset, subsequently feeding the cycle...Sigh...

It seems to me that if you don't like what someone is doing, the first thing to do is to extend yourself in trying to clear up misunderstandings and differences. If that doesn't work, it seems to me the best course of action is to just leave things alone...let people be where they are. They may get what you're saying down the road. Or conversely, you may start to get what THEY'RE saying. Time and patience are a good policy.

Break the cycle. It's just advice that no one has to follow, but if you don't like what someone is saying or doing--and continuing to bat away at the person and/or argument isn't working--try politely disengaging. We're all going through difficult processes. We all get testy with each other from time to time. But why make our lives more unpleasant with unnecessary rancor? Reaction only fuels reaction..

Well said ... I enjoy your diplomacy :D

Met in Cleveland 07/07/05 ... Fireworks!!!

Emails and phone calls until first visit back September '05

Many trips to Cleveland and overnight stays in New York

Engaged 05/07/06

07/18/07 - Interview yeeehaaa .. approved

07/26/07 - received Visa from Montreal (should have received 07/24)

07/26/07 - POE Buffalo, NY (Peace Bridge) .. No EAD stamp

07/27/07 - Beautiful marriage .. now you may call me Mrs. :)

07/28/07 - Filed AOS,EAD, and AP for me and AOS and AP for my son via UPS .. received 08/01

08/16/07 - applied for ssn

09/03/07 - received ssn card

11/07/07 - AP approved and received 11/12/07 :)

11/19/07- EAD approved online and received same day (actual approval 11/07/07) :)

12/27/07 - AOS transferred to CSC

02/26/08 - 485's approved without interview

01/14/09 - Sent I-751 - removal of conditions

02/23/10 - Biometrics

03/17/10 - Removal of conditions approved .. card production ordered

"Life is not measured by the amount of breaths that we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: Good on ya! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Timeline

Thanks! :)

Filed: Other Timeline

Indeed, Kirsten makes a great diplomat!

I hope you want kids Kirsten. I think you'll make a great mom and offer lots of wisdom to your kids.

AOS I-485

07/10/07 - Sent I-485 via USPS Priority Mail to Chicago Lockbox

07/23/07 - Received NOA1 in my home mailbox

08/13/07 - Received ASC Biometrics Appointment Letter in my home mailbox

08/31/07 - USCIS mailed out Appointment letter with Postmark Date 8/31/07

09/04/07 - Received actual Appointment Letter (Interivew Date 10/30/07)

09/06/07 - Completed Biometrics Appointment at local ASC

10/30/07 - Scheduled AOS Interview Appointment - Approved

I-751

08/13/09 - Sent I-751 to CSC

08/17/09 - Receipt date of NOA

09/16/09 - Biometrics

09/17/09 - "Touched"

12/15/09 - Card production ordered

12/17/09 - Approval notice sent

12/21/09 - Received 10-Year GC and Welcome Letter

N-400

08/16/10 - Sent N-400 to AZ Lockbox via USPS First Class Mail with Delivery Confirmation

08/18/10 - USPS Confirms delivery: August 18, 2010, 9:57 am, PHOENIX, AZ 85036

08/24/10 - Check #501 for $675 cleared my account @ 11:20 pm EDT

08/27/10 - Received NOA dated 8/23/10 with a Priority date of 8/18/10

09/07/10 - Received Biometric RFE dated 9/3/10 -- Fingerprint apt. schedule 10/1/10

10/01/10 - Fingerprint Appointment-- Completed

10/09/10 - Received Interview Appointment Letter dated 10/6/10 for scheduled interview on 11/09/10

11/09/10 - Interview Passed

11/18/10 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I am backing Andy on this one. My Fiance did exactly the same thing and we were approved. Our case was very similar to Andys', same Service Centre, same State, very similar filing dates and we had both filed the new I129F and still had an IMBRA RFE. We waited the 60 days after the RFE receipt and then my Fiancee contacted his Senator and we were approved. I do not see anything unreasonable here, just playing by their rules!

Why were you sending a letter to have your case expedited? Most get approved in three months but lately some are longer. IT seems like it was just your time to be approved.

06/17/06- sent New I-129F petition to VSC.

07/26/06- NOA1

07/07/06- IMBRA RFE sent from VSC

07/20/06- IMBRA RFE received at VSC

09/29/06- NOA2

10/17/06- received Packet 3 from London Embassy

10/25/06- Medical

10/27/06- Sent Packet 3

12/13/06- received Packet 4 from London Embassy Interview scheduled for 19th Jan 2007

12/14/06- Emailed embassy to Reschedule interview

01/08/06- received Packet 4 new interview date 26th Feb 2007

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
I am backing Andy on this one. My Fiance did exactly the same thing and we were approved. Our case was very similar to Andys', same Service Centre, same State, very similar filing dates and we had both filed the new I129F and still had an IMBRA RFE. We waited the 60 days after the RFE receipt and then my Fiancee contacted his Senator and we were approved. I do not see anything unreasonable here, just playing by their rules!

No one questioned what he did with the senators and such. The complaint and discord was over his "attitude". Others here can say that some of us just don't get Andy. Oh we get him just fine. He would have this same attitude about things even if he got a bag of potato chips that had too many crushed chips in it. He would complain that "he" was being mistreated. Geez. Life is full of things that just happen to people. No one here would've jumped on him had he just come online and said he got his N0A2 and had left off the jabs at people. It wasn't his sense of humor that made him do that, it was his personality.

Yes, yes, you're much sweeter and nicer and your attitude is far better than Andy's. But methinks had you not been approved on your N0A2 in what you thought was a contractal timeline given to you by USCIS, then you would've been writing letters to Senators and Congressmen too. And there's nothing wrong with that. But I don't think you would've come online here and pushed everyone else's face in the mud like Andy did. And this one posting of his is just one of several where he's been down this same path before. Sense of humor? No.. it's his attitude and personality that puts people off. And your sweet disposition leads you to defend and guard and help anyone that comes down the road, whether they ask for your help or not. People can't help but like you. You try very hard to be the mediator, the guide, the one who tries to clean up messes. Everyone here has their own private thoughts and opinions and sometimes a comment or an action here on VJ can make those thoughts and opinions come out in print. There's nothing wrong with that and no one is asking you or anyone else to take sides with this or that thought. You would make a good lawyer or a representative at the United Nations.

Filed: Other Timeline

Gawd.

Andy you can rot in hell before I offer you one more minute of my time.

I didn't know this was some sort of competition around here. Have a nice journey and don't ask me for any help cause you won't be getting it.

Edited by rebeccajo