AndyMisiu

I told you so!!!

72 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Dear, KitKat1, regeccajo, and devilette.

You can kiss my bumper, just kiss it!! :P

I just got a letter in the mail that states the following.

September 29, 2006

Andrew*********

File Receipt Number: *****************

Beneficiary: Anna **************

Dear Sir or Madam:

Upon receipt of your letter requesting expeditious handling, this matter was reviewed and a determination was made that it met the criteria for special handling.

The petition/application will be reviewed and you should be receiving notification from this office very shortly.

Bla, Bla, Bla,

Sincerely,

Paul E. Novak, Jr

Center Director

Man I am so glad that I didn't listen to the people who told me I was wasting my time with an expedite request. I'm really glad that I contacted more than one elected official, because everyone has there own way of presenting things. One of my Senators simply made the inquire while the other Senator actually mentioned something about an expedite in her inquire. You all can say what you want. All I know is I'm glad I did everything that I did. I'm glad I listened to my heart and followed through with my case. I'm glad I didn't take "nothing" as an answer. I think this goes to prove that when theres a window of opportunity, take it. The USCIS phone line said 60 days to process the RFE, they were outside of that time. One of the conditions to order an expedite request is "Compelling interest of the USCIS". I guess I struck the right nerve.

Thank you so much Kirsten for helping me with the letter.

I hope everyone can stop jumping my case when I make suggestions, because it obviously worked. My Expedited request sent on the 26th, responded to on the 29th, and an NOA2 date of October 3rd.

There is a difference between being patient and being passive!!

Good Luck to everyone!!! Hope you get the results you looking for!!!! :thumbs:

Can we all be friends now?? we'll see :D

Ohh, I forgot to mention the other part of the "compelling interest of USCIS." in my eyes was the fact that they sent me an IMBRA RFE even though I used the new forms. That kind of rubbed me the wrong way as well.

If you can tell me, what kind of things did you mention to expidite the situation.

Date I-129F Sent : 03/17/2006

Date I-129F NOA1: 04/03/2006

I-129F RFE(s) : 08/10/2006

I-129F RFE Reply(s) : 08/17/2006

Date I-129F NOA2 (Approved) : 08/18/2006

Date Package Received By NVC : 09/05/2006

Date Sent to Embassy: 09/18/2006 assigned number MNL2006743xxx

Date Embassy received 09/26/2006

letter-touched 10/17/2006

information on medical and interview 11/17/2006

Packet with Information 11/29/2006

Medical 1/12/2007

Interview 1/19/2007

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

But you wouldn't know that, cos you just got here.

I have been here long enough to observe that you are a wonderful person. If that matters...

Well damn, that shut me up :P

But seriously, I think in this instance...people are not reacting strongly because anyone here is jealous or anything like that...Becca for instance, has been here ages. She stays to give back to people just as people helped her thru when she first started out. She doesn't need to sit here and waste her time giving people answers when she's got her hot blooded hubby right there. But she does it to pay it forward so to speak...which is more than I can speculate I'm gonna do :lol:....so to begrudge her the right to be angry when someone acts like a child....or those of us who really know her and don't think she deserved this stupid thread... is not really fair. Sometimes it IS about the message and not some sinister motives like anyone here is happy that people are apart, that's just ludicrous... :thumbs:

Filed: Other Timeline

To those asking how they can do this as well, one thing to keep in mind: Andy petitioned through VSC. I suspect those who petitioned through CSC won't have as much luck if they request expedited processing after waiting the 60 day period. Again, Andy did it through VSC. If you went through CSC, give it a try if you must, but I highly doubt you'll get the same kind of success as Andy.

Nevertheless, I don't want to read the neener neener kind of comment if it works for ya at CSC. So go ahead and give it a try. Best of luck with your expedite request. If it works for you, CONGRATS!

AOS I-485

07/10/07 - Sent I-485 via USPS Priority Mail to Chicago Lockbox

07/23/07 - Received NOA1 in my home mailbox

08/13/07 - Received ASC Biometrics Appointment Letter in my home mailbox

08/31/07 - USCIS mailed out Appointment letter with Postmark Date 8/31/07

09/04/07 - Received actual Appointment Letter (Interivew Date 10/30/07)

09/06/07 - Completed Biometrics Appointment at local ASC

10/30/07 - Scheduled AOS Interview Appointment - Approved

I-751

08/13/09 - Sent I-751 to CSC

08/17/09 - Receipt date of NOA

09/16/09 - Biometrics

09/17/09 - "Touched"

12/15/09 - Card production ordered

12/17/09 - Approval notice sent

12/21/09 - Received 10-Year GC and Welcome Letter

N-400

08/16/10 - Sent N-400 to AZ Lockbox via USPS First Class Mail with Delivery Confirmation

08/18/10 - USPS Confirms delivery: August 18, 2010, 9:57 am, PHOENIX, AZ 85036

08/24/10 - Check #501 for $675 cleared my account @ 11:20 pm EDT

08/27/10 - Received NOA dated 8/23/10 with a Priority date of 8/18/10

09/07/10 - Received Biometric RFE dated 9/3/10 -- Fingerprint apt. schedule 10/1/10

10/01/10 - Fingerprint Appointment-- Completed

10/09/10 - Received Interview Appointment Letter dated 10/6/10 for scheduled interview on 11/09/10

11/09/10 - Interview Passed

11/18/10 - Oath Ceremony

But you wouldn't know that, cos you just got here.

I have been here long enough to observe that you are a wonderful person. If that matters...

Well damn, that shut me up :P

But seriously, I think in this instance...people are not reacting strongly because anyone here is jealous or anything like that...Becca for instance, has been here ages. She stays to give back to people just as people helped her thru when she first started out. She doesn't need to sit here and waste her time giving people answers when she's got her hot blooded hubby right there. But she does it to pay it forward so to speak...which is more than I can speculate I'm gonna do :lol:....so to begrudge her the right to be angry when someone acts like a child....or those of us who really know her and don't think she deserved this stupid thread... is not really fair. Sometimes it IS about the message and not some sinister motives like anyone here is happy that people are apart, that's just ludicrous... :thumbs:

Amen, Lisa. Well said, as usual. I agree with everything you wrote.

David's going to be here in 8 days, and I can guarantee that VJ is not going to be a top priority.... not even close... for quite a while, anyway....

Andy was out of line and insulting, even if his intentions were not such. There have been many of us (including Rebecca) who have had the dignity to 'genuinely' apologize if someone's feelings were hurt by something that was taken the wrong way. The ability to do that immediately, without feeling the need to first justify and defend one's comments is very rare, but always appreciated. Haven't seen that sort of effort from Andy, in any way, and that is sad, given his time and experience on this board.

Someone mentioned something about karma... the outcome of all of this expediting is going to be very interesting, I'm sure.

Jen

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

LisaD

There is a nice group of very generous folks who have dedicated part of their lives to helping others here on VJ, which is awesome. I have nothing but respect and admiration for their commitment and willingness to help guide others thru this wrecked process that we are locked into by default. I try to help and giveback in my own way as well, for what it's worth. As far as my jealously, spite, and malcontent statement, with the IMBRA compliance for K1 Visas, for which I was dead in the middle of, I have personally observed some not so flattering posts (in my opinion) towards other member because of how unfair the implementation was handled by USCIS with the issuance of Approval Notices (NOA2). I wrote the last statement mildly compared to how I actually interpreted the behavior or lashing out towards others that were fortunate enough to receive their approvals out of sequence.

Anyway, I have also posted some threads that folks did not understand and/or took the wrong way. It became open season and I felt like I had a big red bulls-eye on my rear bumper. People get down right nasty and vicious. Some folks here are unyielding and more than willing to jump on the bandwagon and bash folks. Could that be contributed to the stress of the process, their natural personalities, or both. Only God knows... But I can totally relate to how something very innocent in nature (at least in one's mind) can become twisted to a mass of people very quickly. Sometimes we don't anticipate or are conscience of the varied interpretations, views, and sensitivities that vary from our own.

I am not casting judgment because I have also written some not so flattering things towards one of our members that I regret doing… The only difference is that my bad choice of judgement was intentional and Andy's was a joke gone wrong and blown out of proportion (IMO).

Cheers!!!

Sheriff Uling

Edited by Uling

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Right on :thumbs:

Citizenship

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

CIS Office : San Francisco CA

Date Filed : 2008-06-11

NOA Date : 2008-06-18

Bio. Appt. : 2008-07-08

Citizenship Interview

USCIS San Francisco Field Office

Wednesday, September 10,2008

Time 2:35PM

I cannot stay away from the opportunity to learn...

I've researched Expedite requests just a bit this morning.

It appears one of the criteria for such a request is USCIS error, which if I understand the situation correctly was the case for Andy.

There is also a criteria called 'compelling interest of USCIS' which is vague to me - it infers some benefit to USCIS (perhaps avoidance of litigation or bureaucrat speak for 'cover your butt') which I doubt would apply to many scenarios. It's at the bottom of the grantable reasons and is most likely some sort of 'catch-all' category.

Each USCIS office has some instruction on their page of www.USCIS.gov for the procedure for filing an Expedite with them. I observe that each of the four offices has a somewhat different set of instructions. I also note that it is clearly stated that cases which are not 'clearly approvable' will not be granted an Expedite.

Here's the link for USCIS Expedite criteria:

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/expedited.htm

My previous position was that Andy's request for an Expedite was inappropriate. If USCIS considers falling outside their 60 day response to an IMBRA request to be an error then such a request is appropriate. This is obviously a 'technical error' and whether or not they deem it worthy of an expedite probably depends on how well the request itself is spelled out.

I cannot resist the opportunity to point out, based on my readings over the past couple of years, that the grant of such request could also be subject to the normal performance expectations of each center, the experience level of the person who reviews the request, and possibly the phase of the moon.

If you believe your filing to be worthy of a Request for Expedite, then go ahead and try it. It would be worthwhile to this community to see a cross-section of such results.

If your request is granted, please post the result.

In an adult manner.

Edited by rebeccajo

rebeccajo - Nice post but you could not resist adding the last line huh? I know... I know... just one last punch before the fight is over. OK... Ding Ding Ding... You win by TKO! LOL!!!

Edited by Uling

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

rebeccajo - Nice post but you could not resist adding the last line huh?

No I couldn't.

Uling, after taking a public 'punch' from Andy and reacting poorly, I decided to stick to the facts and see if there might be something of value to this community in his experience.

It would be most appreciated if you would give me as much latitude as you give Andy. I fail to see where his right to express himself as he chooses is more acceptable than my right to see if he has as much maturity as he has chutzpah.

It would be most appreciated if you would give me as much latitude as you give Andy.

rebeccajo

You got it! I just want to put out this wild brushfire (if you get my drift), and pop shots don’t help. On another note, I would like to say that I appreciate all the good work that you do here. You are one of the individuals that I alluded to in an earlier post that really gives back and makes this site a worthwhile resource.

With peace and love...

Sheriff Uling

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Dear, KitKat1, regeccajo, and devilette.

You can kiss my bumper, just kiss it!! :P

I just got a letter in the mail that states the following.

September 29, 2006

Andrew*********

File Receipt Number: *****************

Beneficiary: Anna **************

Dear Sir or Madam:

Upon receipt of your letter requesting expeditious handling, this matter was reviewed and a determination was made that it met the criteria for special handling.

The petition/application will be reviewed and you should be receiving notification from this office very shortly.

Bla, Bla, Bla,

Sincerely,

Paul E. Novak, Jr

Center Director

Man I am so glad that I didn't listen to the people who told me I was wasting my time with an expedite request. I'm really glad that I contacted more than one elected official, because everyone has there own way of presenting things. One of my Senators simply made the inquire while the other Senator actually mentioned something about an expedite in her inquire. You all can say what you want. All I know is I'm glad I did everything that I did. I'm glad I listened to my heart and followed through with my case. I'm glad I didn't take "nothing" as an answer. I think this goes to prove that when theres a window of opportunity, take it. The USCIS phone line said 60 days to process the RFE, they were outside of that time. One of the conditions to order an expedite request is "Compelling interest of the USCIS". I guess I struck the right nerve.

Thank you so much Kirsten for helping me with the letter.

I hope everyone can stop jumping my case when I make suggestions, because it obviously worked. My Expedited request sent on the 26th, responded to on the 29th, and an NOA2 date of October 3rd.

There is a difference between being patient and being passive!!

Good Luck to everyone!!! Hope you get the results you looking for!!!! :thumbs:

Can we all be friends now?? we'll see :D

Ohh, I forgot to mention the other part of the "compelling interest of USCIS." in my eyes was the fact that they sent me an IMBRA RFE even though I used the new forms. That kind of rubbed me the wrong way as well.

If you can tell me, what kind of things did you mention to expedite the situation.

you can look into this thread to find out what was put in the letter.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=33992

I also added one line to the letter that kirsten wrote for me. I added the fact that they sent me an IMBRA RFE when I used the new form. It was a mistake on there part to send the RFE in the first place.

06/30/06- sent I-129F petition to VSC.

07/11/06- NOA1 (received in mail)

07/19/06- RFE received in mail, IMBRA

07/28/06- e-mail, IMBRA RFE received at VSC

09/11/06- called VSC, told I'm with an adjudicating officer

09/25/06- called VSC, told to file expedited service, outside 60 days of RFE received date

09/26/06- sent expedited service request to VSC via fax and snail mail

09/26/06- Senators and Congressman making inquiries into my petition

09/29/06- expedited service request approved by VSC director

10/04/06- e-mail NOA2 approved!!!!!!

10/05/06- NVC received

10/06/06- NVC forwarded to Poland Embassy

10/16/06- Packet #3 received

10/17/06- Packet #3 sent to US Embassy Warsaw

10/30/06- Packet #4 received

10/30/06- Interview scheduled for November 22nd!!!

11/30/06- Visa in hand, via DHL!!!!

12/05/06- Ania and I arrive together in the USA

02/11/07- Ania applied for Social Security Card

02/17/07- Ania and I were MARRIED!!!!!!

07/24/07- Social Security Card in hand- after some minor issues and a little procrastination :)

10/14/07- I-485, I-765, and permission to travel mailed to USCIS

10/17/07- Received NOA1

12/17/07- I-485 shipped to California Service Center for faster service

12/17/07- I-765 approved new card should be mailed within 30 days, Advanced parole approved

02/28/08- AOS APPROVED!!!! PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD RECEIVED!!!!! (card received couple weeks after approval)