ChristinaandVarun

Husband growning impatient with the process

50 posts in this topic

hang in there i am a August 24th filier and got my NOA2 approval today!!

hopefullly you are soon!!

goodluck dont lose hope

hang in there i am a August 24th filier and got my NOA2 approval today!!

hopefullly you are soon!!

goodluck dont lose hope

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Thank you all for your words of encouragement. I understand all of us on here are waiting out this long, dreaded process but after 7 months of being apart from my husband I'm worried the love we have for eachother might not be enough. We're trying to remain positive but becoming weaker every day.......having a down moment. :(

Hi Christina, I know its a hard journey to wait all this months being apart and together. If you want some ideas what we do when we are weak we create activities together... I know it sounds insane but we use a web site to watch movies together (www.monsterdivx.com or www.cuevana.tv) we load the movie and then we hit play at the same time. Then we use a web site for games and we play risk, monopoly or golf solitaire (www.pogo.com) and finally one of both of us (in turns) read to the other one, and there are very interesting books, so, besides talking we make some activities together and specially when we are weak because games or movies can help to disipate the sadness that this process can bring and to help the distance not to hurt so much.

I hope it can help you, if you ever need to talk just count on me!

Ale

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

As someone said before, it's hard, and we all wish we didn't have to do it. Definitely not for the faint of heart. But I believe true love conquers all. I have my knight in shining armor (sometimes a retard in tinfoil lol) We can't and won't give up!

I try to keep myself busy and not obsess over it. I was doing ok until our 8 month mark came and went, now I check everyday!

I need a new hobby lol

Your lawyer is suggesting immigration fraud. Moving back to the US with the intent to get married is considered fraud. I wouldn't do it.

I've tried telling Fancy this in a private message. He/she doesn't understand what visa goes with what. But Instead I get copy and pasted advertisement from their attorney as a reply, saying what I told them.

Edited by sheeshkabelle

USCIS- 260 Days

6/8/11~ Mailed I-130 Application, withdrew Canadian PR application
6/16/11~ NOA1 email and text message Case routed to CSC (Priority Date)
7/12/11~ The 'Money Order' Incident/Returned to Tennessee
8/03/11~ TOUCHED!
3/2/12~ APPROVED! NOA2!

NVC Electronic Processing- Montreal- 19 Days

3/21/12~ Received case number & IIN 20 Days after NOA2
3/21/12~ Sent in opt-in email
3/22/12~ Opt-in accepted
3/23/12~ DS-261 Submitted, never accepted
3/29/12~ AOS bill invoiced and paid
3/30/12~ AOS shows PAID- AOS Package emailed/received, DS-3032 emailed/accepted
4/2/12~ IV bill invoiced and paid
4/3/12~ AOS Checklist documents emailed(first time)
4/4/12~ IV shows PAID- DS-260 submitted/ IV Package emailed/received
4/4/12~ AOS Checklist documents sent again for CYA (second time)
4/5/12~ IV package accepted! No Checklists!
4/6/12~ AOS Checklist emailed(third time)
4/9/12~ AOS packet accepted (finally)
CASE COMPLETE!!

Interview 354 days from NOA1/ 362 days from initial filing date
5/29/12~ Medical@ Medisys, Montreal
6/4/12~ Interview APPROVED!!!
08/07/2012~ POE Emerson, MB/Pembina, ND by land
08/09/2012~ HOME!! 424 days from initial filing date!
08/14/2012~ SSN Received
09/10/2012~ Received Green Card

This is definitely a patience tester and a long journey we all just have to be strong and keep our head up because at the end it will all be worth it. i have nights wherre i sit and cry i have been apart from my fiance 7 months now its very difficult i miss himm soo muchhh words cant even explain i get through each they telling my self ur jsut a few little steps away the hard part is over the approval thank god now jsut a bit more and that hwo days go by soon we will all be with our loved ones and happy so hang it there head upp positive soon things will come together :thumbs:

Both of you are lucky in that it's a short distance to Canada, and he, as an American can cross over as many times as he wishes, and cheaply too. I don't know how many people here can say the same. Cost of Airfare alone is a deterrent for multiple visits to see their spouse. You guys can see each other every month if you so wished.

All in all, I am happy for you. Best wishes on your journey.

Man, airfare and hotels.... I swear I've spent over 14k over the past year going to visit my baby. It helps to take the mind off the wait. I'm just happy that we're in the same time zone, that's a big plus. We video chat on Skype and go to sleep with the chat on the whole night. It helps us believe that we are sleeping in the same bed. It's actually very relaxing. I know it may not be possible if you are in way different time zones like India, but just an idea.

Fernando & Michelle

12/05/2011 - Mailed I-129F
12/09/2011 - Received NOA1
12/21/2011 - Last updated by USCIS
04/12/2012 - Approved!
05/08/2012 - NVC received
05/09/2012 - Left NVC
05/14/2012 - Received at Consulate
06/25/2012 - Interview at Consulate, APPROVED!!!!
07/07/2012 - POE at JFK, easy.

09/28/2012 - Mailed I-485
11/09/2012 - Appointment for Biometrics
12/08/2012 - EAD and AP Card arrived in mail. No updates to USCIS website.
07/26/2013 - Approved, no interview.

04/30/2015 - Mailed I-751

06/03/2015 - Appointment for Biometrics

02/29/2016 - Approved, no interview.

03/14/2016 - Received 10-year Card

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi Christina, I know its a hard journey to wait all this months being apart and together. If you want some ideas what we do when we are weak we create activities together... I know it sounds insane but we use a web site to watch movies together (www.monsterdivx.com or www.cuevana.tv) we load the movie and then we hit play at the same time. Then we use a web site for games and we play risk, monopoly or golf solitaire (www.pogo.com) and finally one of both of us (in turns) read to the other one, and there are very interesting books, so, besides talking we make some activities together and specially when we are weak because games or movies can help to disipate the sadness that this process can bring and to help the distance not to hurt so much.

Ale

Thanks for the great tips will try them. With us we have to deal with the awful network and sometimey electric power in Nigeria. But it is sure worth a go. Thanks.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My father went overseas in November 1942 nd did not come back for three years. Good thing the generation at that time was not like this one.

Good luck.

Yeah those were the good ole days.

A "Dear John letter" is a letter written to a husband or boyfriend by his wife or girlfriend to inform him their relationship is over, usually because the author has found another lover. Dear John Letters are often written out of an inability or unwillingness to inform the person face to face. The reverse situation, in which someone writes to his wife or girlfriend to break off the relationship, is referred to as a "Dear Jane letter."

While the exact origins of the phrase are unknown, it is commonly believed to have been coined by Americans during World War II.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dear_John_letter

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My two cents - to add to the many dollars people have provided you :)

If you can - get your husband to be as involved as he can - you should both visit this website - read the posts / laugh and cry with them and sometimes even at them (!!) :)

BUt the key is to be patient - involve both of you in the process and like many have said earlier - find some ways to occupy both of your time together however you can.

My wife and i are 11 hours apart in time - 9000miles apart - and the last time i saw her was in novemeber. I have made the conscious effort to visit atleast twice a year to pakistan. Its not cheap, it costs me salary also when i take unpaid time -but i see it as all worth it as i can spend time one on one with her for a week or two at a time.

Be mindful of each others feelings - youre both in it.

Skype certainly helps - but i know it can be difficult with the time zone differences and the always-off internet access that pakistan and india have :)

We make an effort to speak to each other at least 3 times a day.

Find your middle ground - and use it as your foundation - you will be just fine.

Come back - add friends here etc - share!

good luck :)

NOA1 August 3 2011
NOA2 April 14 2012
NVC receipt May 17 2012

Case upgrade request sent via email April 3 2013

Case upgraded by NVC from F2A to CR1 April 19 2013

Interview June 6th 2013 - APPROVED - case upgraded to IR1 at time of interview based on time married

Visa in hand June 10th 2013

IV fee paid using ELIS June 17th 2013

POE Houston July 15th 2013

GC arrived in mail Aug 12th 2013

SSN card arrived in mail Aug 19 2013 (1 week after applying)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I was! but finally got the NOA2!

Email your local Congressman and explain the situation !

My husband and I have been apart for 7 months, I-130 received Sept 14, still no NOA2 and my husband is growing very impatient. We have our lives on hold until we proceed with this process...there are days I'm not sure we are going to make it thru this ordeal, especially with USCIS being so far behind. Anyone out there dealing with the same situation?

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Thanks for the great tips will try them. With us we have to deal with the awful network and sometimey electric power in Nigeria. But it is sure worth a go. Thanks.

Its a pleasure to give ideas! yes! I know it can be difficult sometimes with those issues with the connection there, any way I hope it works!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline

Thank you all for your words of encouragement. I understand all of us on here are waiting out this long, dreaded process but after 7 months of being apart from my husband I'm worried the love we have for eachother might not be enough. We're trying to remain positive but becoming weaker every day.......having a down moment. :(

OHHH noo noo noo noo.. plz stay positive. I know how you feel. its very very hard. i havent seen my husband since july and trust me i cry everyday. my husband is getting frustrated also but our love is making us stronger. this wait will be over and once we're all together with our loved ones we'll forget about the pain.

Ale

Thank you for sharing these ideas..much appreciated.

Man, airfare and hotels.... I swear I've spent over 14k over the past year going to visit my baby. It helps to take the mind off the wait. I'm just happy that we're in the same time zone, that's a big plus. We video chat on Skype and go to sleep with the chat on the whole night. It helps us believe that we are sleeping in the same bed. It's actually very relaxing. I know it may not be possible if you are in way different time zones like India, but just an idea.

Thank you for sharing your idea, but unfortunately the time difference between US and Austrailia doesn't allow us to to this..:(

OHHH noo noo noo noo.. plz stay positive. I know how you feel. its very very hard. i havent seen my husband since july and trust me i cry everyday. my husband is getting frustrated also but our love is making us stronger. this wait will be over and once we're all together with our loved ones we'll forget about the pain.

Thank you for your encouragemebt.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Process & Procedures to Progress Reports.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.