Saylin

NVC Filers - March 2012

4,691 posts in this topic

It might be faster ;) Could get a CC by the end of the week! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Thanks!! I hope so! :star:

01/01/2008 - Met
04/27/2010 - Engaged
08/23/2011 - Married
USCIS
10/03/2011 - I-130 Sent (USPS priority w/ delivery confirmation)
10/05/2011 - Package arrived at chicago lockbox
10/06/2011 - NOA1
11/09/2011 - NOA2 (no RFE's)
NVC
11/14/2011 - Petition received by NVC/ Received NOA2 by mail
11/21/2011 - NVC case # received by email/ Got AOS fee by email/ Called NVC to provide beneficiary email
11/27/2011 - Choice of agent (DS-3023) sent to NVC by email
.....took a break from process to delay interview....
01/26/2012 - Payed IV fee
01/27/2012 - IV fee status shown as PAID
02/07/2012 - Payed AOS fee
02/08/2012 - AOS fee status shown as PAID
02/09/ 2012 - DS-230 package sent to NVC (priority mail)
03/06/2012 - AOS package sent to NVC (priority mail)
03/12/2012 - Called NVC and found out about checklist. Sent revision to NVC that same day.
03/16/2012 - CASE COMPLETE!
04/11/2012 - Informed of interview via phone by DOS/ Got P4 email from NVC a few hours later that same day (May 4th)
SANTO DOMINGO CONSULATE
04/19/2012 - Medical
05/04/2012 - Interview (APPROVED)
05/10/2012 - Visa ready and picked up at domex
05/15/2012 - POE in Boston (together)
U. S. A
05/29/2012 - Went to SS office to apply for SS card
06/01/2012 - Welcome letter arrived (Received about 3 of these)
06/05/2012 - Green card arrived
06/15/2012- Back to SS office with green card to reapply and inquire about delay
06/18/2012 - Picked up SSN at SSA office
06/22/2012 - SS card arrived by mail

04/24/14 - Sent I-751 to remove conditions

06/09/14 - Biometrics

11/2014 - RFE from USCIS requesting more evidence before approval

Late Jan - Sent further evidence of marriage

03/05/2015 - Got letter of approval for removal of conditions

03/15/2015 - Permanent 10 yr green card received via mail

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Called DoS a bit ago.. they said the case is still with NVC and they know nothing about it yet.

Trips:

Jan2010 - First Trip, met in person

Jul2010 - Trip two!

Nov2010 - Trip Three, Got engaged :)

Feb2011 - Trip Four. Spring Festival, Lucky Money all around :D

April2011 - Trip Five... Going to the chapel...

July2011 - Trip Six... Honeymoon in Xiamen :D

October2011 - Trip Seven... Beijing and the Great Wall :)

January2012 - Trip Eight... Chinese New Years and Spring Festival! More Lucky Money! :D

April2012 - Trip Nine... Interview?

Paper work for CR1:

28 July 2011 - 20January 2012 - Day 175... USCIS at CSC finally processed our paper work.

30January2012 - NVC 'received' the paperwork

6February2012 - NVC GUZ case number assigned - Attempted to OPTIN to EP.

7February2012 - NVC GZO (EP) case number assigned

8February2012 - 27February Massive delay caused by sending the EP OPTIN email too soon :(

28February2012 - AOS Fee Paid

29February2012 - AOS Fee shows paid, AOS Package sent in

5March2012 - IV Fee shows paid (paid on 3March), IV (DS-230) Package sent in

6March2012 - AOS Rejected due to minor error, corrected version emailed in

8March2012 - Email received indicating AOS correction and DS-230 review in process

9March2012 - Case Complete Email - END NVC PROCESS

15March2012 - Interview Scheduled: 18April2012 (Document turn-in: 17April2012)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Got the NVC Case # last Thursday, also emailed the ds-3032 same day 3/8/12.

Still getting this when i try to login.

This case is in the process of termination. Fee payments and online forms can no longer be accepted. If you believe you have received this message in error, or to resume processing of the case, please contact the NVC immediately.

C'mon let me login to pay the Fees ! (AOS fee, then IV fee) :bonk:

shut-up-and-take-my-money-1f46.jpg

Edited by VisaJourney2011

Timeline

Got the NVC Case # last Thursday, also emailed the ds-3032 same day 3/8/12.

Still getting this when i try to login.

This case is in the process of termination. Fee payments and online forms can no longer be accepted. If you believe you have received this message in error, or to resume processing of the case, please contact the NVC immediately.

C'mon let me login to pay the Fees ! (AOS fee, then IV fee) :bonk:

shut-up-and-take-my-money-1f46.jpg

Classic :rofl:

Trips:

Jan2010 - First Trip, met in person

Jul2010 - Trip two!

Nov2010 - Trip Three, Got engaged :)

Feb2011 - Trip Four. Spring Festival, Lucky Money all around :D

April2011 - Trip Five... Going to the chapel...

July2011 - Trip Six... Honeymoon in Xiamen :D

October2011 - Trip Seven... Beijing and the Great Wall :)

January2012 - Trip Eight... Chinese New Years and Spring Festival! More Lucky Money! :D

April2012 - Trip Nine... Interview?

Paper work for CR1:

28 July 2011 - 20January 2012 - Day 175... USCIS at CSC finally processed our paper work.

30January2012 - NVC 'received' the paperwork

6February2012 - NVC GUZ case number assigned - Attempted to OPTIN to EP.

7February2012 - NVC GZO (EP) case number assigned

8February2012 - 27February Massive delay caused by sending the EP OPTIN email too soon :(

28February2012 - AOS Fee Paid

29February2012 - AOS Fee shows paid, AOS Package sent in

5March2012 - IV Fee shows paid (paid on 3March), IV (DS-230) Package sent in

6March2012 - AOS Rejected due to minor error, corrected version emailed in

8March2012 - Email received indicating AOS correction and DS-230 review in process

9March2012 - Case Complete Email - END NVC PROCESS

15March2012 - Interview Scheduled: 18April2012 (Document turn-in: 17April2012)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

I have another question. The DS230 has to be signed by the beneficiary. How is this supposed to happen? He lives in Syria. It takes weeks for mail to get there. How can I get him to sign anything? Other than by faxing it to him, and having him fax it back. Is a fax acceptable?

9/21/11 - Married in Syria
11/16/11 - Fedex I-130
11/17/11 - Received at USCIS
11/18/11 - Text received from USCIS - papers received - sent to California for processing
11/21/11 - touched
11/22/11 - check cleared - Received NOA1 form in mail
3/9/12 - Approved!!! NOA2!!! 113 days!
3/15/12 - NOA2 received in mail
3/19/12 - NVC received - no case # yet
4/3/12 - Case number received!
4/4/12 - Paid AOS bill (in process) and completed DS-261 Agent form / also emailed request to transfer to Beirut, Lebanon for interview
4/5/12 - AOS bill shows paid!
4/6/12 - emailed I-864ez and tax info
4/9/12 - (rec. confirmation email)I-864 and tax documents received by NVC / request to transfer embassy denied
4/30/12 - finally received confirmation email aos/i-864 approved (case was held due to embassy transfer request!!!)
5/2/12 - IV bill appeared online - paid!
5/3/12 - IV bill shows paid!
5/10/12 - FINALLY submitted DS-260 and emailed all supporting documents
5/15/12 - checklist from NVC - needed different marriage certificate
5/20/12 - emailed other marriage certificate
5/21/12 - email received
5/29/12 - CASE COMPLETE! FINALLY!!!

6/4/12 - Interview Scheduled

7/22/12 - INTERVIEW! APPROVED! NO A/P. KEPT HIS PASSPORT

7/28/12 - Visa in hand

7/29/12 - POE Philadelphia!

Removing conditions:

5/5/14 - Mailed form I-751

5/6/14 - Packet received at USCIS Vermont - signed for by A.Scoss

5/6/14 - NOA1 receipt date

5/13/14 - Check Cashed

5/13/14 - Received NOA1 in mail

5/19/14 - Received notice of Biometrics

6/11/14 - Biometrics

12/10/14 - Approval Letter Date!

Timeline

Since the information would be the same, no need to re-order them! headbonk.gif

Classic :rofl:

Hi guys,

Just now got the email from NVC. Attachment file has total of 6 pages (all have barcode on top right)

1st pg (green color fonts): says app on behalf of beneficiary is ready to process and to verify the beneficiary's address. Before processing, to pay the AOS fee.

2nd pg: Important notice: "If the applicant intends to adjust status with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), please contact the NVC before making any payments or taking further action. etc... 2) termination after no contact for 1 yr and 3)children over 21 etc..

3rd pg: AOS processing bill invoice $88 and payment instruction and few extra bar-codes here

4th pg: contact NVC if you have q's etc...

5th pg: DS-3032 page with beneficiary's name on top in Green color fonts

6th pg: DS-3032 choice of agent information.

--------

So i just paid the AOS fee $88. I clicked on Print receipt but not getting a "Bar-coded sheet of AOS". Currently the payment is showing as "IN PROGRESS".

Q's 1) Do i only get this "AOS bar-coded sheets" only after the payment is shown as "PAID"?

Q's 2) So when/how/where do i print the "AOS bar-coded sheet"? I don't see any option that says "AOS bar-coded sheet" etc... :help:

Q's 3) Could "AOS bar-coded sheets" be the page #3 in the email attachment from NVC?

"U.S. Department of State

National Visa Center

Affidavit of Support (AOS) Processing Fee Bill Invoice"

I have another question. The DS230 has to be signed by the beneficiary. How is this supposed to happen? He lives in Syria. It takes weeks for mail to get there. How can I get him to sign anything? Other than by faxing it to him, and having him fax it back. Is a fax acceptable?

It has to be original.

So you can email him the pdf file, he prints it, signs and dates and mail it to you.

Thats what i did.

remember only, beneficiary only signs Part 1 of ds-230 and fills the part 2 but to not sign as it is done at the interview.

Timeline

Could the "AOS bar-coded cover sheet" be the button that says "Print Document Cover Sheet"?

DOCUMENT COVER SHEET

The next step in the immigration process is for the

Petitioner to submit an Affidavit of Support. A link to the

instructions has been provided for you on the Receipt Page.

You can also find the instructions on the NVC website at

www.ImmigrantVisas.state.gov

You MUST RETURN THIS COVER SHEET with the

Petitioner's completed forms and supporting documents.

Failure to do so will delay your visa(s).

Please attach this page to the front of the documents for

this case and mail to:

NVC address

name of beneficiary

nvc case #....

You need to go view a previous post in which I replied to you about online forms and EP.

Please, remember, your husband is in Syria, a country that is REQUIRED to fill in online forms. He will NOT be filling in a DS-230. I repeat, he will NOT be filling in a DS-230. The online version is called the DS-260. This is done ONLINE. So he simply needs access to a computer and about an hour or two to fill it out. To save time, get all the information ahead of time. This is what I did. If I hadn't done this, it would have taken me all afternoon.

Also, Syria is REQUIRED to do electronic processing (EP). This means, NO mailing the forms. Both the AOS package and the IV package (minus the DS-230) is EMAILED to NVC.

I highly, highly, highly suggest you go and read my wiki I wrote (linked in my signature) as it talks about online forms and EP.

I repeat again, online forms and electronic processing is REQUIRED for Syria. REQUIRED, not optional.

Hi guys,

Just now got the email from NVC. Attachment file has total of 6 pages (all have barcode on top right)

1st pg (green color fonts): says app on behalf of beneficiary is ready to process and to verify the beneficiary's address. Before processing, to pay the AOS fee.

2nd pg: Important notice: "If the applicant intends to adjust status with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), please contact the NVC before making any payments or taking further action. etc... 2) termination after no contact for 1 yr and 3)children over 21 etc..

3rd pg: AOS processing bill invoice $88 and payment instruction and few extra bar-codes here

4th pg: contact NVC if you have q's etc...

5th pg: DS-3032 page with beneficiary's name on top in Green color fonts

6th pg: DS-3032 choice of agent information.

--------

So i just paid the AOS fee $88. I clicked on Print receipt but not getting a "Bar-coded sheet of AOS". Currently the payment is showing as "IN PROGRESS".

Q's 1) Do i only get this "AOS bar-coded sheets" only after the payment is shown as "PAID"?

Q's 2) So when/how/where do i print the "AOS bar-coded sheet"? I don't see any option that says "AOS bar-coded sheet" etc... :help:

Q's 3) Could "AOS bar-coded sheets" be the page #3 in the email attachment from NVC?

"U.S. Department of State

National Visa Center

Affidavit of Support (AOS) Processing Fee Bill Invoice"

When I was at NVC, the bar-coded cover sheet was only available AFTER the bill shows as PAID. But over the last few months, it's been available after you pay the bill. And it's not called 'bar-coded cover sheet' on the payment portal. If I remember correctly, it's called 'Document Cover Sheet'. Look for that, it should be there, whether available to click on it or not, it should still be there.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

You need to go view a previous post in which I replied to you about online forms and EP.

Please, remember, your husband is in Syria, a country that is REQUIRED to fill in online forms. He will NOT be filling in a DS-230. I repeat, he will NOT be filling in a DS-230. The online version is called the DS-260. This is done ONLINE. So he simply needs access to a computer and about an hour or two to fill it out. To save time, get all the information ahead of time. This is what I did. If I hadn't done this, it would have taken me all afternoon.

Also, Syria is REQUIRED to do electronic processing (EP). This means, NO mailing the forms. Both the AOS package and the IV package (minus the DS-230) is EMAILED to NVC.

I highly, highly, highly suggest you go and read my wiki I wrote (linked in my signature) as it talks about online forms and EP.

I repeat again, online forms and electronic processing is REQUIRED for Syria. REQUIRED, not optional.

When I was at NVC, the bar-coded cover sheet was only available AFTER the bill shows as PAID. But over the last few months, it's been available after you pay the bill. And it's not called 'bar-coded cover sheet' on the payment portal. If I remember correctly, it's called 'Document Cover Sheet'. Look for that, it should be there, whether available to click on it or not, it should still be there.

I have read and continue to read your information posts. I saw links about ep, but was not sure if syria was to do it or not. So, phew....that is a relief....doing it online is so much easier. thanks

I need to stop reading everyones posts. They certainly confuse me. I am just going to take my time, and do it one step at a time....

9/21/11 - Married in Syria
11/16/11 - Fedex I-130
11/17/11 - Received at USCIS
11/18/11 - Text received from USCIS - papers received - sent to California for processing
11/21/11 - touched
11/22/11 - check cleared - Received NOA1 form in mail
3/9/12 - Approved!!! NOA2!!! 113 days!
3/15/12 - NOA2 received in mail
3/19/12 - NVC received - no case # yet
4/3/12 - Case number received!
4/4/12 - Paid AOS bill (in process) and completed DS-261 Agent form / also emailed request to transfer to Beirut, Lebanon for interview
4/5/12 - AOS bill shows paid!
4/6/12 - emailed I-864ez and tax info
4/9/12 - (rec. confirmation email)I-864 and tax documents received by NVC / request to transfer embassy denied
4/30/12 - finally received confirmation email aos/i-864 approved (case was held due to embassy transfer request!!!)
5/2/12 - IV bill appeared online - paid!
5/3/12 - IV bill shows paid!
5/10/12 - FINALLY submitted DS-260 and emailed all supporting documents
5/15/12 - checklist from NVC - needed different marriage certificate
5/20/12 - emailed other marriage certificate
5/21/12 - email received
5/29/12 - CASE COMPLETE! FINALLY!!!

6/4/12 - Interview Scheduled

7/22/12 - INTERVIEW! APPROVED! NO A/P. KEPT HIS PASSPORT

7/28/12 - Visa in hand

7/29/12 - POE Philadelphia!

Removing conditions:

5/5/14 - Mailed form I-751

5/6/14 - Packet received at USCIS Vermont - signed for by A.Scoss

5/6/14 - NOA1 receipt date

5/13/14 - Check Cashed

5/13/14 - Received NOA1 in mail

5/19/14 - Received notice of Biometrics

6/11/14 - Biometrics

12/10/14 - Approval Letter Date!

Timeline

Saylin,

Looks like you are right, ONCE AGAIN :yes:

After i paid, the payment status still showing as "IN PROGRESS"

I'm seeing a button below, it says "Print Document Cover Sheet"

So this is it then. I will get the AOS package ready tonight.

I hope the payment status shows as "PAID" tomorrow so i can mail out the AOS package tomorrow. :)

I have read and continue to read your information posts. I saw links about ep, but was not sure if syria was to do it or not. So, phew....that is a relief....doing it online is so much easier. thanks

I need to stop reading everyones posts. They certainly confuse me. I am just going to take my time, and do it one step at a time....

I posted the link about figuring out if you were eligible for EP/online forms for a reason. I want people to actually click on the link and read, not just look at the URL and pass it.

In your case, you won't be sending a DS-3032, so you can dis-regard all that. The online version is called the DS-261.

I'd suggest spending your next free moments reading up on EP and online forms. Two different processes, but both are required in Syria. Read information on NVC, as well as my wiki to help you figure out what the general process will be for you. My wiki was designed for those in Canada, but I'm sure most, if not all, will apply to your case in Syria too.

Saylin,

Looks like you are right, ONCE AGAIN :yes:

After i paid, the payment status still showing as "IN PROGRESS"

I'm seeing a button below, it says "Print Document Cover Sheet"

So this is it then. I will get the AOS package ready tonight.

I hope the payment status shows as "PAID" tomorrow so i can mail out the AOS package tomorrow. :)

Yup, that's it.

Hopefully the payment clears that fast, but lately it seems to be taking around two days, not one. While you're waiting, just go over the AOS (and get other people to go over your AOS, especially your I-864 form). Get the envelope ready with the address on the bar-coded cover sheet. Get the postage ready to go. Do everything, EXCEPT mail the package!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Well! Making Progress just got confirmation that my I-864 package was delivered this morning to NVC. I guess now to find status about it, I have to start calling let say: everyday after Wednesday?

Citizenship

6/24/2016: Mailed N-400 package via USPS from Naval Base Yokosuka, Japan

7/11/2016: Received NOA1 dated 7/5/2016

11/3/2016: Received email from USCIS-Seoul Office with Naturalization appt set for 11/30/2016

11/30/2016: Naturalization Interview on Naval Base Yokosuka, Japan. N-400 Approved

12/1/2016: Naturalization Ceremony

Timeline

clickie link things are painful, now ? really??

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

On a separate note DS-3032 was emailed "last Tuesday" from the beneficiary's email. Got AUTO REPLY message right away but still no answer from NVC. They must really get millions of emails because taking almost a week to answer an email is certainly unbelievable.

Citizenship

6/24/2016: Mailed N-400 package via USPS from Naval Base Yokosuka, Japan

7/11/2016: Received NOA1 dated 7/5/2016

11/3/2016: Received email from USCIS-Seoul Office with Naturalization appt set for 11/30/2016

11/30/2016: Naturalization Interview on Naval Base Yokosuka, Japan. N-400 Approved

12/1/2016: Naturalization Ceremony

Well! Making Progress just got confirmation that my I-864 package was delivered this morning to NVC. I guess now to find status about it, I have to start calling let say: everyday after Wednesday?

I say Tuesday, tomorrow :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.