reecy

Is this going to be a problem at the interview???

50 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hello Vj's,my fiancee and i are not married yet but in our emails we refer to each other as husband and wife.I wanted to know if this is going to be problem at the interview?? Also in a few of the emails i stress to you that i can't wait to be her husband but in most of the email i refer to her as my wife and she refer to me as her husband???.Thank you for your Valued responds

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

people have been denied for this with the interviewer stating they are married - told them to file a spousal visa and try again.

good luck.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello Vj's,my fiancee and i are not married yet but in our emails we refer to each other as husband and wife.I wanted to know if this is going to be problem at the interview?? Also in a few of the emails i stress to you that i can't wait to be her husband but in most of the email i refer to her as my wife and she refer to me as her husband???.Thank you for your Valued responds

Best start doing your emails without... not sure how much time you have until your interview as you timeline isn't completed.

:time:

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

This may cause you huge problems. I wouldnt turn in this type of info & expect a good result especially in that country.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

It is dependent on the beneficiary's country but in particular how strict the consulate is. Some consulates wouldn't even care if you had a religious ceremony, and then did the civil ceremony here. Best to familiarize yourself with the laws and customs of your beneficiary's country. If you have a more difficult consulate, it is a cause for concern. I would make sure your fiance is prepared to address the question with a well formulated response. I think some of the bigger issues that occurred were due to consulate officers seeing pictures that looked like a wedding ceremony. I'm sure they would check some registries to see if there was a marriage license or some civil record. If nothing turned up, I don't think those mere words will do you in unless you have a very difficult consulate. If your beneficiary's country requires a marriage license for a legal marriage than I highly doubt this would cause an issue. It's really going to depend on the consulate. Some are bastards. Some are not. I don't know much about Ghana.

Edited by Paul86

1/13/12 - I-129F Petition Submitted to Dallas Lockbox

1/18/12 - Received at Vermont Service Center

1/20/12 - NOA1

1/24/12 - Touched

2/09/12 - Touched

8/02/12 - NOA2 (197 Days After Received at VSC)

8/14/12 - Received at NVC (Assigned Case Number)

8/16/12 - Departed from NVC

8/20/12 - Arrived in US Embassy Kiev

8/28/12 - Information Received from Embassy via mail

9/12/12 - Interview (Approved)

9/19/12 - Visa Received via Elin Ltd. (FedEx)

10/05/12 - POE

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Definitely could be. Stop it.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Did you actually send emails with the petition where you were doing this? If you included these messages, then I would make sure your fiance is prepared to respond accordingly because I can't see how they wouldn't address it in some way at the interview. It doesn't mean your denied, but you better be ready for it.

1/20/12 - NOA1

1/24/12 - Touched

2/09/12 - Touched

10/05/12 - POE

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

It is dependent on the beneficiary's country but in particular how strict the consulate is. Some consulates wouldn't even care if you had a religious ceremony, and then did the civil ceremony here. Best to familiarize yourself with the laws and customs of your beneficiary's country. If you have a more difficult consulate, it is a cause for concern. I would make sure your fiance is prepared to address the question with a well formulated response. I think some of the bigger issues that occurred were due to consulate officers seeing pictures that looked like a wedding ceremony. I'm sure they would check some registries to see if there was a marriage license or some civil record. If nothing turned up, I don't think those mere words will do you in unless you have a very difficult consulate. If your beneficiary's country requires a marriage license for a legal marriage than I highly doubt this would cause an issue. It's really going to depend on the consulate. Some are bastards. Some are not. I don't know much about Ghana.

It would likely be a problem even in Ukraine.

Decisions about visas are usually made before the interview takes place, the interview may be a chance to reverse a decision but more likely to reinforce it. Interviews are generally very brief. Ours was no questions asked. Certainly the decision was already made.

The decision is made by people that do not know you or your fiancee personally. They do not know you are only being silly and acting like you are passing notes in 4th grade. There are advantages to the K-1, chiefly processing times, that many married people have attempted to receive by fraud. All consulates are sensitive to fraud. Presenting evidence that SAYS you are married and acting as if you are married is not going to fly. Don't do it.

It is certainly not necessary to present every email you ever wrote. We presented three each and an email log showing over 2000 emails, but not the text. Certainly the OP can find a few dozen that do not refer to each other as husband and wife...I hope.

Your relationship is going to be judged by others 4 times. Visa, AOS, RoC and Citizenship. For us citizenship was by far the most difficult, and that surprised me, but maybe since it is their last chance...who knows? But they grilled Alla for a half hour with questions about our life and then approved her (they never asked me anything and I was not even in the room) That was more time than anyone had spent with us throughout the whole process combined!

Until your spouse gets the US passport you need to be cognizant of the fact you do not have a normal relationship

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Gary is absolutely right! Avoid including any of these emails as evidence. There's no reason at all to create this complication for yourself. If you already submitted them with your petition, then you probably should prepare your fiance to explain this.

1/20/12 - NOA1

1/24/12 - Touched

2/09/12 - Touched

10/05/12 - POE

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Many Nigerian couples marry but because it is rumored that K1's are either faster/easier they try to do a K1. If the consulate sees emails where they call each other husband and wife they get denied. Ghana tends to be a lot like Nigeria in consulate mindset. A big red flag.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi!! I just wanna ask, during the interview, the applicant is required to have a proof of singlehood right? like the CENOMAR or certificate of no record of marriage.. and in the I-129F form, there's a question there regarding previous marriages and whatsoever, I can't remember. But anyways, if they pull up the sponsor's information during the initial review process, they should have records about the sponsor's previous marriages.. right? Given the evidence of singlehood during the interview, would it still be a red flag if in case the applicant presented such evidence (calling wifey or hubby) lol cuz they should put more weight on authentic and government issued certificate like the certificate of no record of marriage.. hehehe I'm just asking though hehe :)

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi!! I just wanna ask, during the interview, the applicant is required to have a proof of singlehood right? like the CENOMAR or certificate of no record of marriage.. and in the I-129F form, there's a question there regarding previous marriages and whatsoever, I can't remember. But anyways, if they pull up the sponsor's information during the initial review process, they should have records about the sponsor's previous marriages.. right? Given the evidence of singlehood during the interview, would it still be a red flag if in case the applicant presented such evidence (calling wifey or hubby) lol cuz they should put more weight on authentic and government issued certificate like the certificate of no record of marriage.. hehehe I'm just asking though hehe :)

CENOMAR does not exist in most other places. It is not required in many countrys to have a paper that says you are free to marry. It is VERY bad to call a fiance(e) your husband or wife when you are not married. They can deny you on just seeing that alone and say you are married.

There is no such requirement in Canada for any kind of certificate of no marriage or CENOMAR.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

It sure can become a red flag!

holland-flag-44.gifunited-states-flag-88.gif

heart-119.gif August 28th, 2011: Wedding heart-119.giflove-182.gif

AOS
August 31th, 2011: applied for SS#
September 6th: received SS#
September 26th, 2011: AOS sent
September 30th, 2011: NOA1
October 6th, 2011: NOA1 hard copy
October 26th,2011: Biometrics
October 28th, 2011: case transferred to California for faster processing
December 5th, 2011: received EAD/AP card
February 22nd, 2012: Green card in production
February 27th, 2012: GREEN CARD in hand, yaaay!!!

November 10th, 2013: ROC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.