worried234

pregnant

32 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

one post removed.

stay on topic.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Certainly a good topic heading for getting lots of replies. Don't recall this question ever coming up before, but if applying for the three year marriage, certainly wouldn't hold back this information from the USCIS, may haunt you the future.

I am pregnant by another man. my husband knows about it and he is really mad.should i just not file for citizenship?what happens if uscis find out?

If your husband is accepting the situation then I hope this means your love is mutually strong. If so then give more details as to how many months you're pregnant and when is your citizenship test and interview in comparison to your due date? You being pregnant by another man is not illegal that I am aware of. Morally yes it is wrong. But not illegal.

Good luck

Shawn

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Certainly a good topic heading for getting lots of replies. Don't recall this question ever coming up before, but if applying for the three year marriage, certainly wcouldn't hold back this information from the USCIS, may haunt you the future.

Why would USCIS care? Maybe I am not seeing the big picture, why they (USCIS) would be concerned if the husband accepts the situation?

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

my bad charles..

thanks for the redirection..

op, maybe more information as to your background via immigration process/timeline would be helpful for answers you seek..

Agree, If OP is a real poster seeking Visa information..less personal relationship info and more info on their immigration issue????

event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I am pregnant by another man. my husband knows about it and he is really mad.should i just not file for citizenship?what happens if uscis find out?

USCIS can deny you. You being pregnant by another man gives them the idea that your relationship isn't genuine. If you apply for USC at the 3 year mark they could assume that he helped you only so he was doe with the I-864, and the relationship would end once you get citizenship. You would be better waiting until the 5 year mark and applying on your own. That way your relationship isn't a question.

For those that say it doesn't matter, it does. It shows that your relationship isn't very genuine and it IS a fraud indicator. See here: http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/nyregion/USCIS_Fraud_Referral_Sheet.pdf page 2, 1st column, 3rd row.

I assume you have told the babies father that you are pregnant with his child? If not what do you think will happen when he adds up the dates and realises there's a chance it's his? What if he files a court case to get you to do a DNA test for HIS child? If you have obtained USC and not admitted the child is not your husband they CAN revoke your citizenship when they find out that you lied in saying the child was your husbands when I wasn't (i.e. lying). You'd be asking for all sorts of trouble.

You have the choice of applying for USC now, admitting the child is not your husbands but showing that he is willing to accept the child as his own and seeing if USCIS will approve you OR wait until the 5 year mark. Up to you.

Why would USCIS care? Maybe I am not seeing the big picture, why they (USCIS) would be concerned if the husband accepts the situation?

Because it's a sign of a fake relationship. Applying for USC based on the 3 year rule you need to show a bonafide marriage. USCIS assumes that people in a loving genuine relationship don't have kids with other people.

I can't see why USCIS would care if you're pregnant or not and who impregnated you. As long as you're married to a citizen and he doesn't plan on divorcing you...I don't see why it's the USCIS's business about maternity/paternity matters

Actually it does matter. See my post above. They can SAY they're not planning on divorcing just to get the immigration benefit and USCIS will assume that's sthe plan to get him off the hook for the I-864.

Filing an N-400 is up to you, if you have met the requirements to do so. USCIS is not to concerned with who impregnates you, that is an issue for you and your husband to deal with.

Again, they do. Please see the link I posted above. People in real loving relationships don't get knocked up to other people.

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Safe route i am assuming you already have a 10 year GC, wait for the 5 year from the date of your first GC and apply for Citizenship.

rahul

Timeline
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Naturalization N400...

01/16/2015 --- Package Sent

02/18/2015 --- Fingerprints done

=====================================================

Timeline

one post removed for personal attack and member thread banned.

two posts removed for hijacking the thread and member thread banned also.

Edited by charles!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

USCIS can deny you. You being pregnant by another man gives them the idea that your relationship isn't genuine. If you apply for USC at the 3 year mark they could assume that he helped you only so he was doe with the I-864, and the relationship would end once you get citizenship.

For those that say it doesn't matter, it does. It shows that your relationship isn't very genuine and it IS a fraud indicator. See here: http://graphics8.nyt...erral_Sheet.pdf page 2, 1st column, 3rd row.

Because it's a sign of a fake relationship. Applying for USC based on the 3 year rule you need to show a bonafide marriage. USCIS assumes that people in a loving genuine relationship don't have kids with other people.

Actually it does matter. See my post above. They can SAY they're not planning on divorcing just to get the immigration benefit and USCIS will assume that's sthe plan to get him off the hook for the I-864.

I see your point, but.

The point I'm making and probably others with regards to USCIS and the OP's pregnancy, is this. If the husband is willing (per OP) to accept the baby, the couple does not openly share that bit of intimate info with USCIC, then USCIS will have no idea the husband is not the biological father.

With regards to a "bonafide" marriage, if the husband is willing to reconcile, willing to continue loving his wife, accept the child and the circumstances that produced the child, is the marriage any less "bonafide?"

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Timeline

to reiterate for future posters:

either answer with something constructive or don't answer at all. judgmental posts will result in a thread ban.

stay on topic.

Additional posts removed. Just to reiterate.... do not post commentary on the relationship or you will be thread-banned. Thank you.

your cooperation is appreciated

Edited by charles!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

USCIS can deny you. You being pregnant by another man gives them the idea that your relationship isn't genuine. If you apply for USC at the 3 year mark they could assume that he helped you only so he was doe with the I-864, and the relationship would end once you get citizenship. You would be better waiting until the 5 year mark and applying on your own. That way your relationship isn't a question.

What if I-864 is signed by third person and not the USC?

I am actually in the same boat.. three years ago, my USC wife had a child from her dead ex- BF(paternity signed by him on child Birth certificate). We worked out our relationship and happily living there after and filed ROC with the baby name on documents and got approved last year. I love her to death and we are still living in good marital relationship.

I filed N-400 three months ago and had my interview recently where i was asked to present my daughter Birth cert (RFE). which i submitted last week and now i am waiting for the response. My wife health is deteriorating and i had under my health insurance of my company and had a medical bill of over $5000+ , which i had submitted alone with it and at the same time we had also filed our taxes ( 2011 ) married filing jointly and submitted that as well.

I am just as worried as you are. lets see, how will this play out for me.

I agree with Vanessa--you know that you're not "safe" after you get citizenship, right? You can have your citizenship stripped and deported if you have gotten citizenship or green card based on fraud.

I would think very hard on how you think your husband is reacting and whether or not he may be "going" along and then busting you on the curb with USCIS and deporting you out of the country...

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

To Be on the safe side wait until the 5 year mark then file the N-400 just to be sure of no issues from anyone close to you. Good Luck!!!!:thumbs:

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Worried...I wish you the best. Having a baby should be a happy time in life for you. Your circumstances are a bit different, because it involves immigration, but your story is no different from many others who stepped out on their spouse/relationship. Whatever happens cherish the gift given to you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.