utopia2004

PLEASE HELP. He cheated on me and left me, ive only just arrived in the US!!!!!!!!!!!

64 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

That is a sad and rotten situation to be put in, am very sorry!

Keep an eye on the greencard for when it arrives. You've already proved at your interview that you have(had) a bona fide marriage(I betcha 3 years counted for something). Take a little time to have it sink in before jumping the gun. I'm not advising you to just stick around forever, just get your things sorted out, and your heart in the right place. I understand you can't just pick up and leave within a few weeks, and since you came on a cr-1 you'll be able to start working fast if that's what you want. ROC comes when it comes.

In the long run, if you wish to move back to the UK and still have the opportunity to visit US consider trying to "exchange" the 2 year greencard with a tourist visa instead of just abandoning it. I know exchange isn't the right word though, it's just so you won't close all doors after you.

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Im so confused, I don't want to just go home to the UK, i need to stay out here for abit and find closure, and i dont want all the money, time and effort that i invested into moving to the US and starting a new life to be for NOTHING. So i would like to stay (at least for a while), where do I stand on this? its not my fault hes done this to me!

Also, the green card will be sent out soon(ive changed the address to his cousins), but how long does it usually take for them to send this out? Ive been here 3 days- and im worried that it will be sent to HIS address. Will the change of address redirect the card to the address I just put down (his cousins). Plus I have now changed the address on the AR 11 form twice since arrival (when i arrived i had to change the address to his current address since NVC hadn't changed it).

Firstly, did you change your address at the POE when you arrived? I honestly can't guarantee for you that it will arrive at the new address or his address. I can tell you that USCIS should be able to tell you where it was sent and they have tracking details. In the event he gets it and sends it back that's great, it should be then sent to the new address, but if he just keeps it, destroys it or whatever you'll probably have to pay for a replacement. It's also mail fraud so you could get him into sh*t for destroying your mail... if you could prove it :S

Secondly yes you can stay here. You should know though that once you are divorced you need to file for ROC. Even if you're divorced next month you need to file asap. You are in breach of the conditions of your GC if you are divorced on a 2 year card. In the event you don't divorce for 2 years and your 90 days window opens you need to send in your ROC with a divorce waiver and you need to file for divorce.

For ROC you will need to show evidence from NOW to ROC time. You can't just show old info. You might be okay, I can't say you won't be, but if USCIS sees that you arrived and you immediately lived apart it just looks like you married so you could get a GC to come here. They could think your relationship WAS legit but it failed and he helped you get here anyway like a friend would. I honestly don't know how you'll go but you won't know unless you try. I would think an affidavit from his family attesting to him leaving you as soon as you arrived.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

If you changed your address on line, and it still show the same send a hard copy. See an attorney for a divorce and my big brother says (loose a husband find a better husband). Sorry to hear this good luck.

Saylin been around and has good advice.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The obvious answer is simple. Go online and change your forwarding address with the U.S. Postal Service. Go to https://www.usps.com/ ; then click on "Manage Your Mail": On drop down list, choose "Forward Mail". Then follow the steps. Do this online and it will take affect on your next delivery date which will be on Tuesday (Monday is national holiday. MLK Day).

Your green card and all mail with your name on it will be forwarded to your new address. Next, apply for address change at USCIS. Sorry to hear about your sad situation. My heart bleeds for you. I went through a painful separation/divorce 15 yrs ago.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Laos
Timeline

ok can any one give me any advice?? :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

Like the majority here are saying: focus on the green card first and foremost! While you are waiting for that, find another place to stay; apartment, condo, etc. You MUST take care of yourself.......always take care of #1 ok? Then, get a job and start making some money. After 6 months to a year, then start thinking about what you want to do. Either stay in the US or go back to your native country.

I'm very sorry for what has happened to you. People like him make this immigration thing even harder with longer waiting periods!! My prayers are with you and may God protect you in your time of strife.

K1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Laos

I-129F Sent : 2011-07-16

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-07-19

I-129F RFE(s) : 2011-11-28

RFE Reply(s) : 2011-12-13 Received my initial evidence, 2012-01-03 congressional inquiry conducted; officer is looking at the documents; says should have decision in a few weeks

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-01-25

NVC Received : 2012-02-03

NVC Left : 2012-02-14

Consulate Received : 2012-02-21

Packet 3 Received : 2012-02-29

Packet 3 Sent : 2012-03-19

Packet 4 Received : 2012-04-02

Interview Date : 2012-05-10

2012-05-25 Evidence given to consular officer.

Interview Result : Approved!

Second Interview

(If Required):

Second Interview Result:

Visa Received :

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

The obvious answer is simple. Go online and change your forwarding address with the U.S. Postal Service. Go to https://www.usps.com/ ; then click on "Manage Your Mail": On drop down list, choose "Forward Mail". Then follow the steps. Do this online and it will take affect on your next delivery date which will be on Tuesday (Monday is national holiday. MLK Day).

Your green card and all mail with your name on it will be forwarded to your new address. Next, apply for address change at USCIS. Sorry to hear about your sad situation. My heart bleeds for you. I went through a painful separation/divorce 15 yrs ago.

USCIS mail is government mail which is NOT forwarded.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

If you have ID or paperwork reflecting your husband's address you could go to the post office and request that they hold your mail and you could pick it up. It's not 100% effective, but you increase you chances that your GC doesn't fall into his hands.

Wow what a story. So sorry to hear that. Dont worry it will all work out, i had an ugly story too but i managed. Your card should come to you if you changed the address on time. I suggest you call USCIS and find out where did they send it to, they will tell you, also every time you change the address INS sends you a paper that they have changed it.

There is nothing he can do to hurt your green card and if he does, you have all the proof of the proper marriage. Once you get it, move on with your life and do what you have to do.

Good luck

Hi, i need some serious help here, im so so distraught, confused, hurt, cant eat, sleep anything.

My husband petitioned for me, we got married last Feb, and had a great relationship for 2 1/2 years. But on this the last leg of waiting for the green card (for the past month) he has been cheating on me. He confessed to cheating and said that he wanted to do what ever it takes to make it up to me and save our marriage. I arrived in the US 3 days ago, and the first day i was here he was apologising non stop, he loves me and wanted to make it up to me. But two days later, he just left me at the house and ran off with her, he told his friend who lives at the house that he wont come home until im gone!!!

I didn't see this coming at all, everything has been great between us and we loved each other deeply.

So now im at his cousins house who have been great and feel sick to their stomachs since they love me and cant believe hes done this to me. His cousin works in health care and wants me to stay with her and says she can help me find a job etc.

Im so confused, I don't want to just go home to the UK, i need to stay out here for abit and find closure, and i dont want all the money, time and effort that i invested into moving to the US and starting a new life to be for NOTHING. So i would like to stay (at least for a while), where do I stand on this? its not my fault hes done this to me!

Also, the green card will be sent out soon(ive changed the address to his cousins), but how long does it usually take for them to send this out? Ive been here 3 days- and im worried that it will be sent to HIS address. Will the change of address redirect the card to the address I just put down (his cousins). Plus I have now changed the address on the AR 11 form twice since arrival (when i arrived i had to change the address to his current address since NVC hadn't changed it).

Please help!!!

10/06/2011: Documents sent to Dallas

10/17/2011: Received NOA (dated: 10/14/2011)

11/01/2011: Status change: Testing and Interviewing

12/08/2011: Yellow Letter received (dated: 12/06/2011)

01/06/2012: Status Change!!!: Initial Testing and Interviewing

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline

Sorry to read what has happened to you.

In addition to the advice you have been given, I suggest you start developing a network of friends here in the US, even if you will not eventually stay. It's great that his family is being supportive of you, but remember that blood is thicker than water, and you should avoid placing too much faith in their assistance. Avoid revealing your plans to them and be discreet about any meetings you have with an attorney, for example.

Best of luck to you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi, i need some serious help here, im so so distraught, confused, hurt, cant eat, sleep anything.

My husband petitioned for me, we got married last Feb, and had a great relationship for 2 1/2 years. But on this the last leg of waiting for the green card (for the past month) he has been cheating on me. He confessed to cheating and said that he wanted to do what ever it takes to make it up to me and save our marriage. I arrived in the US 3 days ago, and the first day i was here he was apologising non stop, he loves me and wanted to make it up to me. But two days later, he just left me at the house and ran off with her, he told his friend who lives at the house that he wont come home until im gone!!!

I didn't see this coming at all, everything has been great between us and we loved each other deeply.

So now im at his cousins house who have been great and feel sick to their stomachs since they love me and cant believe hes done this to me. His cousin works in health care and wants me to stay with her and says she can help me find a job etc.

Please help!!!

I just wonder did you change your UK money? I remember you said something about it

jkshrmfeqk.png

ooOcm7.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

sweetheart, so so sorry to hear this. I pray you get that inner strenght to go through this tough time.

My only advice is to go to the local post office and request for a redirection of your mails to a more secured

address. You do not want to confuse uscis/dhs on anything. Be strong. God is still good. It may all be for your good.

WOW!

For first 2 years (2 year mark starts with first GC) you are in safe. Now I will recommend before divorce to talk to immigration attorney. Its Very important how are you gonna get divorced. After divorce I would inform USCIS that marriage is not valid!

Because you are married for some time it won't surprise me if USCIS send you 10 year GC (Then you won't have conditions)!

Good luck and God bless!

I'm not attorney and this is not legal advice! This is just my personal opinion!

I'm not attorney and this is not legal advice, this is just my personal opinion!

USCIS:

03/26/2008 Approved I-130
04/21/2011 Send I-360, I-765 and I-485 to Vermont Service Center
05/26/2011 Approved EAD
05/31/2011 Request for evidence for I-360
06/24/2011 Biometrics I-485
09/06/2011 Send responds for RFE of I-360
09/12/2011 Prima Facie approval for I-360
01/09/2012 Send E-mails to VSC asking what is going on with my case. (E-mail send to vsc.ncscfollowup@dhs.gov and to SCOPSSCATA@dhs.gov)
01/17/2012 Got responds from VSC email saying that they can't talk about my case over phone or e-mail.
02/26/2012 Approved extension of EAD
02/28/2012 Renewed Prima Facie (second one)
06/28/2012 Send letter to VSC to see what is going on with my case
08/28/2012 Renewed Prima Facie (third one)
09/18/2012 RFE
10/10/2012 Renewed Prima Facie (Fourth one)
10/31/2012 VSC received RFE respond
02/04/2013 Renewed Prima Facie (Sixte one)
04/17/2013 I-360 and I-485 got DENAID!

05/15/2013 Filed I-290B Notice of Appeal from denial of VAWA I-360 - APPEAL WAS DENIED

12/15/2014 Filed for second time I-360, I-485, I-765 and I-131

12/30/2014 RFE for Good Moral Character received

01/08/2015 FBI clairance and respond to RFE sent to VSC

02/12/2015 RFE I-131 asking if I was or I'm in removal proceedings

03/03/2015 Respond for I-131 RFE sent to VSC

04/02/2015 RFE for Bona Fide Marriage, proof of shared residents and request for more evidence regarding Abuse received

04/20/2015 I-765 and I-131 APPROVED.

06/25/2015 Respond to I-360 RFE sent to VSC

07/14/2015 I-360 application APPROVED!!!

ICE

04/29/2011 Went for appointment with ICE officer and got processed
06/01/2011 Turn my passport in and started to report to BI twice a month in BI office, ones a month via phone and once a month they come to my home
01/05/2012 Still don't have court date!
02/02/2012 Terminated removal proceedings.

gosh sorry to hear that this is sad :( , at least there's his cousin who's willing to help and support you emotionally,,, do whatever is best for you God bless!

Edited by jen1217

All I know, is that I need you... I need you in my life as much as I need food or water or air to breathe - for the longest time, I've had this thirst deep inside... only to be known and understood and be loved for who I am. I have longed for someone, someone like you - to share my life with... all the ups and downs and everything in between. then out of no where - you walked into my life, quenching my thirst, satisfying my longing. and I know from every thing with in - that you are the one... you're the one I've been waiting for all this time. I want and I need you - more than I can usually find words to say... But today and always - please believe and know that you're the one for me and I'll hold you close and I'll never want to let you go...

June 2010: Met online via dating site

Oct.25,2010: He came here to meet me and my family and proposed in a lunch organized by my sister and me of course!

Nov.6, 2010: He went back to US

April 26, 2011: Came back for our wedding

May 17, 2011: The big day!!! We finally exchanged "I DO's"

Aug. 8, 2011: Sent complete Package of I-130

Aug. 26,2011: NOA1 (it was a very stressful long wait!)

March 1, 2012: NOA2 the moment we've been waiting finally here!!!

March 20, 2012: I called NVC got our MNL case# and IIN and sent my DS3032 via email

March 22, 2012: Received 2 Emails from NVC PAOSF I-130 and ACL

March 24, 2012: AOS paid online

March 27, 2012: AOS PAYMENT ACCEPTED

april 04, 2012: AOS PACKAGE ON ITS WAY TO NVC

April 04, 2012: IV bill paid

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.