utopia2004

PLEASE HELP. He cheated on me and left me, ive only just arrived in the US!!!!!!!!!!!

64 posts in this topic

I will pray for you. And for him, that he comes to his senses. I am sorry for your predicament. In terms of advice, I don't know what to say-if his relatives are on your side at all, that may prove to be helpful-try having them speak to him about what he is doing.

Thanakyou, he is running away from the problem- that he cheated on me, and hes mad at his family because they told me what was going on. So not sure I can even speak to him at this point

mailed i130: 05-05-2011

NOA1 date: 05-11-2011

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

thread moved to this forum as it's more appropriate for this sort of topic.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

ok can any one give me any advice?? :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

I know first hand of a case of a lady who had a similar situation; the main differences were that the cheating occurred later on but before the ROC and the she was Swedish.

She went to the ROC interview with her best friend, who knew them both and what had transpired to attest of what had happened (looks like the cousin you mention could be that).

She was approved.

Now, this was about 10 years ago, in Colorado.

So, I'd say that it is possible as long as you build a strong case. Perhaps even consult with an attorney.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Very sorry to hear of your misfortune.

Protect yourself. His recent erratic behavior may be a prelude to further actions he may try against you, i.e., that the marriage was a fraud perpetrated by you. Get as much information/documentation about the support you are now getting from your in-law family. Get this as soon as you can, blood is thicker than water and alliances may change. Having their support is very good for you claiming it is a bonafide marriage. It may be prudent to retain the services of a family law attorney. You will want the truth of the matter to be told and documented, so as not to haunt you in the future. Should you decide to return to your native country, you should try to do it on your terms, when you are ready.

Good luck.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

I am so sorry to hear that. He is taking the piss. Like few ppl mentioned after 2 yrs( when ur GC will expire) you will have to file ROC but as for now these 2years you r safe. You can stay n work in the US!

Edited by ldndee

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Try to stay focused on getting the greencard in your hands, for now.

Then, once you have it - perhaps then is a better time to start making decisions for what to do about divorce and domicile.

FWIW, you've 2 years after greencard issuance to remain, so you've some time to figure it all out..

Sorry for the fap-up, though, really.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Other than making sure you receive your green card and it doesn't get waylaid somewhere else, there is nothing else you need to think about right now. Focus on the marriage, your emotional state, healing, etc. *hugs*

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

I am so sorry to hear that. He is taking the piss. Like few ppl mentioned after 2 yrs( when ur GC will expire) you will have to file ROC but as for now these 2years you r safe. You can stay n work in the US!

Not if the divorce happens - then RoC needs to be filed for immediately.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

First and firstmost, I am terribly sorry you are going through this ordeal w/ your spouse. Secondly, do you any American friends who are in contact with? I mean close friends. If so, confide in them and ask them to help you get you legal advice. If you have proof and he has admitted he cheated on you, then, I think you have a valid claim on your side for continuation of the green card process. I am no lawyer, but, definately you can call an immigration attorney at find out some options.

Best

I-129F Sent : 2011-07-06

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-07-08

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-09-29

NOA2 Approved: 2011-10-01

NOA2 Paper Recv: 2011-10-03

NVC Recv: 2011-10-17

NVC to Embassy Sent: 2011-10-19

Embassy Recv Packet: 2011-10-21

Packet 3.5 Recv'ed: 2011-11-03

Packet 3.5 Sent: 2011-11-05

Interview Date: 2011-12-19

K1 Issued 2012-01-13

POE 2012 -03-14

Marriage 2012-03-19

SSN Received 2012-04-09

Filing AOS 2012-04-11

Biometrics Completed 2012-05-17

EAD Card Received 2012-07-02

Green Card Interview 2012-08-02

Card in Hand 2012-08-14

DONE WITH K1!!!!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm so sorry for you. This sounds awful, but I'm so glad you have his family's support. good luck to you however long you decide to stay :)

I-129F Sent : 2011-01-20

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-01-24

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-06-08

Packet 3 Received : 2011-07-02

Packet 3 Sent : 2011-07-03

Packet 4 Received : 2011-07-21

Interview Date : 2011-08-24

Interview Result :Approved!

POE: 2011-09-12

Married: 2011-09-30

AOS filed: 2011-10-17

NOA1: 2011-10-25

Biometrics Appt: 2011-11-09

Case transferred to CSC: 2011-12-23

EAD approval: 2011-12-28

Husband secretly pulled I-864 thus cancelling I-485 application 2012-05-10

F22zm4.png[/center]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm sorry for your lost. I really feel for you. Try to refer to the IMBRA pamphlet. You might find some of the answers to your questions. Perhaps your situation can be categorize as a domestic violence that include emotional abuse (threats, withholding love, support or guidance) or emotional manipulation (including isolation or intimidation). This pamphlet will provide information for the intending fiance(e)s or spouses about the immigration process and how to access help if their relationship becomes abusive. Somehow this might help you.

http://www.uscis.gov...b%20Posting.pdf

stay here and get to work. if you really feel it is over and it sounds like it. dont go return home beaten and demoralized. get back on the horse and enjoy your life.

i wish you the best in this awful situation. one door closes, and another one opens.

Edited by ScottnIzabela

Between love and madness

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

First of all, I am very sorry for your situation. It truly is unbelievable.

If I were you, no matter what, I would try to stay here for at least a year or two. This would at least make the entire experience of coming here not go to waste.

If a divorce is inevitable, then I would file the I-751 form by myself. I have not seen the source of the oft mentioned requirement that removal of conditions must be filed right after a divorce, though I have admittedly not searched thoroughly.

I-751

Part 2

d. "I entered into the marriage in good faith.."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.