mburnette8555

K1 Visa approved but Entry deny

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello, my fiancee is going in for her interview in two weeks and a big worry that we are having is What if she is denied entry at the airport after our K1 is approved. Because she lives alone in an apartment with no where to go back to. She has to give some kind of notice with her landlord and move out. So what if she is denied entry at the airport, any advice? She has no family or friends to move in with and more than likely wouldnt be able to get her apartment back if she isnt allowed through the gates.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Why concern for POE denied? If she has no criminal record or no problem to USA, then everything would be fine.

If her visa is approved, why are you worrying about her being denied when she enters the US?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

what country is she leaving?

and

does she have prior record of deportation from the USA?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

At the airport when she hands over her papers they already know she's an intending immigrant. Even though some are questioned more than others I'd hardly call it an interview at POE. She was already cleared at the embassy/interview stage. Just make sure she brings the sealed envelope as it is and her passport with the K1 visa in and she should be fine.

Good luck with the interview :)

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Why play the "what if" game?

K-1 Visa
04-29-2011: I-129F Sent
05-05-2011: I-129F NOA1
07-18-2011: I-129F NOA2
08-08-2011: NVC Received
08-09-2011: NVC Left
08-10-2011: Consulate Received
08-26-2011: Consulate mailed Packet 3 (invitation letter)
09-01-2011: Packet 3 (invitation letter) Received in US
09-10-2011: Packet 3 (invitation letter) Received in Mexico
09-22-2011: Interview: APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
10-04-2011: DHL Waybill number appears in the afternoon
10-05-2011: Picked up visa from DHL office
11-08-2011: POE Houston, Texas
11-19-2011: Married!

AOS
12-06-2011: Applied for Social Security Number
12-08-2011: AOS package sent (I-485, I-765, I-131, and supporting docs)
12-12-2011: Received Social Security Number and card in the mail
12-20-2011: Received NOA1 for I-485, I-765, and I-131
01-06-2012: Completed ASC appointment
02-02-2012: Received appointment notice for AOS interview on March 1, 2012
03-01-2012: Green card interview: APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
03-10-2012: Green card received

ROC

12-27-2013: I-751 Sent

01-02-2014: Received NOA1 for I-751

01-24-2014: Completed ASC appointment

04-01-2014: APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (no interview)

CITIZENSHIP

11-14-2016: N-400 Sent

05-19-2017: Naturalization interview:  APPROVED!!!!!!!

06-28-2017: Citizenship ceremony

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hello, my fiancee is going in for her interview in two weeks and a big worry that we are having is What if she is denied entry at the airport after our K1 is approved. Because she lives alone in an apartment with no where to go back to. She has to give some kind of notice with her landlord and move out. So what if she is denied entry at the airport, any advice? She has no family or friends to move in with and more than likely wouldnt be able to get her apartment back if she isnt allowed through the gates.

It's kind of assumed that a K-1 visa holder will not be returning, so they won't be concerned with that at POE.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Well, the K-1 is not a tourist visa. She will not need proof of home ties to prove she will be leaving the US in a timely manner because she won't be leaving. Being denied previously for not being able to prove she would not return to Canada after her visit won't affect her K-1 entry. The K-1 is a one time entry visa and is null and void after she uses it to enter. She will then marry you within 90 days and file for AOS. She is moving here permanently, and she would not be able to leave until she has AP or her green card after filing AOS, or she forfeits her status and to return you would need to file a spousal visa for her then.

Edited by Jay-Kay

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

It's normal at times like these to have doubts and fears - after all, look at all the changes that are happening for the beneficiary...

Being denied entry in the past for insufficient ties will not be an issue when entering on the K-1. The beneficiary has been vested over and over again through so many databases it's not funny, and unless something significant pops up at the time of POE, she'll merely go through secondary processing, hand over the big envelope and be done...

The POE in most cases is anticlimatic.

Welcome to the USA if CBP doesn't tell your fiance!!!

K-1 JOURNEY

157 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO NOA-2

181 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO INTERVIEW

07/14/2011 - I-129F sent via FedEx to USCIS
07/15/2011 - Arrived at CSC, signed for by E. Jameson
07/15/2011 - NOA-1 (E-Mail)
07/19/2011 - NOA-1 (Hard Copy)
08/01/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - NOA-2 (E-Mail)
12/22/2011 - X-Ray
12/22/2011 - Lab Work
12/23/2011 - NOA-2 (Hard Copy)
12/27/2011 - NVC Received
12/28/2011 - San Jose Embassy Case Number Assigned
12/29/2011 - NVC Sent Petition via DHL to Embassy
12/30/2011 - Embassy Received Petition, signed for by J. Rodriguez
01/04/2011 - Medical
01/09/2011 - Packet 3 Received
01/12/2011 - Embassy Interview - Approved
01/19/2011 - Visa Received
01/21/2012 - POE (Ft. Lauderdale, FL - USA)
01/23/2012 - SSA Issued Fresy's SSN
02/18/2012 - Wedding

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Life is not measured by the breaths you take. Rather, life is measured by the moments that take your breath away!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

She is coming from Canada and she has been denied entry for visitation before on one occasion due to lack of ties to return.

She is now K-1 visa holder. CBP will allow her through, as is assumption she is coming to marry, adjust status later, not any 'visit'.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

She is coming from Canada and she has been denied entry for visitation before on one occasion due to lack of ties to return.

much ado about nothing

YMMV

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Stop worrying, K1 is not a visit but a transition to marriage and AOS. Just have your unopened envelope, passport and visa, as stated before.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

You both have made it this far!!

No more worries... as it get can get the best of us.

Good Luck on her interview and let her know "Welcome to the USA"! :star:

Edited by Sapphire~*~Moon

“The moon is at her full, and riding high, floods the calm fields with light. The airs that hover in the summer sky are all asleep tonight.” ~William C. Bryant

Click HERE for our complete K-1 visa journey timeline.

Happily Married: December 1, 2012

AOS Journey:
Filing Date: 4/15/2013

NOA1: 4/23/2013

Received RFE: 5/13/2013 (We forgot to include proof of citizenship of co-sponsor)

Mailed our response to the RFE: 5/15/2013 (We sent the co-sponsor's U.S. birth certificate)

Biometrics Appointment: 5/20/13

EAD: arrived 6/24/13

AOS: APPROVED! No interview! Approval (NOA-1 letter)Date: 9/24/2013

2 year conditional green card received 09/2013.

10 year permanent residency approved 2016.

<3 Baby girl born February 2015 <3

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.