mburnette8555

K1 Visa approved but Entry deny

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Don't worry, she has a K-1 visa, which is an immigrant visa, so, it's assumed she'll be staying.

Technically, it's a non-immigrant visa, but it's one of the few non-immigrant visas that allows for immigrant intent.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

I sort of worried about the same thing when my 'now' husband was coming over as he also had nothing to go back to. The only thing your finance remembers to answer is when they ask her purpose for coming over is "to get married." --- so don't worry things will be okay.

I-129F Sent : 10-04-2010

I-129F NOA1 : 10-12-2010

Touched: 10-21-2010

NOA2: 03-16-2011

Vermont Service Center

Interview: 05-18-2011

Fiance' Visa Approved: 12Jul2011

POE - Newark Airport November 20, 2011

Married: December 8, 2011

AOS package sent to Chicago Lockbox on Feb. 13, 2012

I-485 transfered to Laguna Niguel CA on March 17, 2012

EAD - received from Lee's Summit, MO on April 18, 2012

What no one is mentioning is that, yes, the CBP officer that processes you at POE has the SOLE DISCRETION to turn away anyone he wants. Period. He is the last line of defense. During 9/11 era, one officer turned away a terrorist, against the will of his supervisor and extreme pressure to let the bad guy in, so these powers are in place for good reason.

That said, under normal circumstances, healthy immigrants with all their papers in order, no contraband, no criminal record and no previous immigration refusals or deportations should not worry about having a problem.

Nonetheless, POE "interview" with the CBP officer should be taken seriously with no attitude or angry responses.

Patience, smiles and fresh breath gets you through the gate! :lol:

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

She is coming from Canada and she has been denied entry for visitation before on one occasion due to lack of ties to return.

that has no effect, don't worry. The same and worse happened to me, and she will be totally fine as long as you've been truthful all along the process! She played by the rules and being denied for lack of ties has happened to two other close friends of mine so its not that uncommon! I know its scary, and she probably feels really nervous, but just try and get her to relax and know that they've got bigger fish to fry. :)

I-129F Sent : 2011-01-20

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-01-24

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-06-08

Packet 3 Received : 2011-07-02

Packet 3 Sent : 2011-07-03

Packet 4 Received : 2011-07-21

Interview Date : 2011-08-24

Interview Result :Approved!

POE: 2011-09-12

Married: 2011-09-30

AOS filed: 2011-10-17

NOA1: 2011-10-25

Biometrics Appt: 2011-11-09

Case transferred to CSC: 2011-12-23

EAD approval: 2011-12-28

Husband secretly pulled I-864 thus cancelling I-485 application 2012-05-10

F22zm4.png[/center]

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

What no one is mentioning is that, yes, the CBP officer that processes you at POE has the SOLE DISCRETION to turn away anyone he wants. Period. He is the last line of defense. During 9/11 era, one officer turned away a terrorist, against the will of his supervisor and extreme pressure to let the bad guy in, so these powers are in place for good reason.

That said, under normal circumstances, healthy immigrants with all their papers in order, no contraband, no criminal record and no previous immigration refusals or deportations should not worry about having a problem.

Nonetheless, POE "interview" with the CBP officer should be taken seriously with no attitude or angry responses.

Patience, smiles and fresh breath gets you through the gate! :lol:

Especially!! :rofl:

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

She is coming from Canada and she has been denied entry for visitation before on one occasion due to lack of ties to return.

Yeah well, this time she has no intent to return anytime soon and it is a function of that visa NOT to return but to becaome a permanent resident.

What you are asking happens only on very rare occasions, asnd not because she was denied a previous entry. She is more likely to get struck by lighting.

You will have to find something else to worry about, but I have faith in you.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.